February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

1596061626365»

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    MFP isn't letting me post my final results and I am still getting that 'approval' required message. I guess if they all ever get approved there will be a bunch of the same post because I have tried all day. Maybe this shortened version will work.

I took my new shoes for a short spin and they were as awesome as I had hoped. Initial reviewers felt they were super stiff and required a break in period but I thought they were fine. I do need to re-lace them so they aren't tight over my arch but tight enough so my foot doesn't slip.

Almost made it to 100 miles (just over 98 with today's run) this month even though my goal was only 75. Now on to March and keeping this trend going!

@shanaber - wasn't there a thing at one time where a certain number in the post triggered the approval message? I bet it's something like that because clearly you can post, but something about your miles is flagging it. I wonder what the secret number is this time. You could always make a picture/screenshot out of your miles list and post that.

Glad you liked the new shoes. Those are zero drop shoes?

Congrats on going way over your mileage goal too!

A certain number? Really? Ugh!

Now I am tempted to make a post with some random numbers in it to see if I can figure it out :)
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    edited March 2020
    An interesting article in today's New York Times on Women Marathoners, heading into the Olympic Trials in Atlanta that was staged yesterday. Hopefully you can read without subscribing. I am amazed at marathoners in general. The fact that they are qualifying for the trial with a 2:45 time and I can barely finish 7 miles in an hour and half.🐢

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/02/28/sports/womens-olympic-marathon-trials.html

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,864 Member
    @rheddmobile That's sad about the fatal crash. Glad you didn't get caught up in the mess. Wonder why they didn't close that on-ramp if they were going to let people make it an "off-ramp." That could have been disastrous in itself. Also glad you DID get your points straightened out and received your medal! Congratulations!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,368 Member
    edited March 2020
    shanaber wrote: »
    MFP isn't letting me post my final results and I am still getting that 'approval' required message. I guess if they all ever get approved there will be a bunch of the same post because I have tried all day. Maybe this shortened version will work.

I took my new shoes for a short spin and they were as awesome as I had hoped. Initial reviewers felt they were super stiff and required a break in period but I thought they were fine. I do need to re-lace them so they aren't tight over my arch but tight enough so my foot doesn't slip.

Almost made it to 100 miles (just over 98 with today's run) this month even though my goal was only 75. Now on to March and keeping this trend going!

@shanaber - wasn't there a thing at one time where a certain number in the post triggered the approval message? I bet it's something like that because clearly you can post, but something about your miles is flagging it. I wonder what the secret number is this time. You could always make a picture/screenshot out of your miles list and post that.

Glad you liked the new shoes. Those are zero drop shoes?

Congrats on going way over your mileage goal too!

A certain number? Really? Ugh!

Now I am tempted to make a post with some random numbers in it to see if I can figure it out :)

@pastorvincent - if I remember correctly it was something like 111.1 but I think they fixed it a while ago.
    This time I narrowed it down by systematically removing parts of my post and it had to do with what I wrote about site tracking. Will try putting it under the split and see if that works - honestly it was nothing bad, no bad words, nothing...
    On tracking, most sites at least in the US now have to give you access to your PI as well as the ability to opt out of cookies, tracking and/or the site owners providing your information (search history, site history, etc. to other partners or businesses or selling that information). On most sites including MFP I have opted out of the cookies, tracking and providing of information to any other site or business. I also use an ad blocker so I don't see the ads here or on any other site (also means I get blocked on many 'news' sites) and I rarely go on FB, maybe once or twice a month and then only to check on groups like my Vizsla groups and MFP.

@katharmonic - while most Topo's shoes are 0 drop and that is what I typically wear, these are 5mm. They have a 'elastomer stability plate' that aids with 'propulsion during plantar flexion'. I don't know much about that but they were really comfortable. They are also a bit heavier than my ST-3s but I didn't notice it either.

@rheddmobile - yay for getting it straightened out and getting your medal!

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,439 Member
    edited March 2020
    By the time we got to Shelby Farms it was too late to get 10k in, especially at an easy pace, so we did 5k and then fartleked around for two miles instead of our usual cool down walk.

@rheddmobile I love this phase! Congrats on the award!