Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How a vegan diet could affect your intelligence

2»

Replies

• bmeadows380bmeadows380 Member Posts: 2,607 Member Member Posts: 2,607 Member
    Plants make oxygen. Animals make co2. We breathe oxygen. co2 kills you. Eating plants reduces oxygen. Eating animals reduces co2.

Save the planet, eat animals.

Stop breading animals for food in the first place, then they won't create the co2 - save the planet.

and without CO2, what will trees use in photosynthesis?
  • magnusthenerdmagnusthenerd Member Posts: 1,192 Member Member Posts: 1,192 Member
    Plants make oxygen. Animals make co2. We breathe oxygen. co2 kills you. Eating plants reduces oxygen. Eating animals reduces co2.

Save the planet, eat animals.

Plants make CO2. I find it odd how people seem to forget that.

Almost no one gets this question right:
    "If you put a plant and rat in an air tight container with no light, will the rat live longer if it shared a container with the plant, or a separate container?"
    The correct answer being separate since in the dark, both will be making CO2 which will eventually suffocate the rat.
    Not to mention, oxygen will also kill you in too high of concentrations.

As carnivorous or omnivorous arguments go, that one sure shouldn't persuade anyone that it is veganism impacting intelligence.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,655 Member Member Posts: 1,655 Member
    One of the main keys to both nutrition and brain health is the production of SCFAs in the intestinal tract. They help to not only produce essential nutrients and metabolites, but they also ensure what you do take in to your mouth gets optimized. Just read an Italian study this morning. Let's just say it was high on a plant based diet and not so high on the traditional Western, meat eating, veggie lacking diet.

It's becoming ever increasingly clear that if you eat the Western Diet, take a lot of antibiotics, don't exercise, drink a lot (and this describes, unfortunately, more than 50% of Americans), your brain will pretty much turn to mush in your older years.

Vegan or non-vegan -- eat your veggies, exercise and get your fiber. Use your brain and get plenty of rest and limit stress as much as possible. I honestly wish I had the courage/mental ability to eat vegan. I wouldn't be worried whatsoever about my brain if I did.

https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/3/597
    edited August 12