18 - AF
    19 - AF
    20 - AF
    21 - 3 glasses of wine
    22 - AF
    23 - AF
    24 - AF
    25 - AF

A slight change to my plans might lead to an extra drinking day today - I'm a last minute stand in for a colleague at a conference with an overnight stay. Trying to think of strategies to stay away from the bar!
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    19 days AF out of 26!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    Day 21 AF done! Two more days to go!
    Still feeling a bit hungover/queasy in the morning without drinking, how strange. Read gut flora imbalances can happen after one stops drinking, so going to try probiotics and drinking more water during the day. Also revamping my diet to eat healthier and reduce cravings. Read cravings for alcohol and sweets happen due to imbalances with "happy" hormones serotonin and dopamine. And this can go on for awhile after stopping drinking. Beneficial foods, raw when possible, are avocados, nuts, turkey and salmon, bananas, sunflower seeds, raw spinach, red cabbage, parsley, and dark chocolate. Getting some sunshine was also suggested. I'm going to try this out of curiosity.
  • Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on Friday & Saturday! Consistently be AF 5 days a week.
    January outcome- 15 AF / 27 days.

FEB 1- AF 😊
    FEB 2- AF 😁
    FEB 3- AF :D
    FEB 4- AF :D
    FEB 5- AF :D
    FEB 6- AF :D
    FEB 7- 1 Drink (Friday)
    FEB 8- 2 Drinks (Saturday)
    FEB 9- AF :D
    FEB 10- AF :smiley:
    FEB 11- AF :D
    FEB 12- AF :D
    FEB 13- AF 😁
    FEB 14- 2 Drinks (Friday)
    FEB 15- 1.5 Drinks (Saturday)
    FEB 16- 1 Drink
    FEB 17- 1 Drink
    FEB 18- AF :D
    FEB 19- AF :D
    FEB 20- 1 Drink
    FEB 21- 4 Drinks
    FEB 22- 4 Drinks
    FEB 23- AF :D
    FEB 24- AF :smiley:
    FEB 25- AF :D

Daily note: B)

16 AF / 25 Days
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    1 - 330ml beer, 250ml wine
    2 - AF
    3 - AF
    4 - AF
    5 - AF
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - 330ml Belgian beer (11%)
    9 - AF
    10 - AF
    11 - AF
    12 - AF
    13 - AF
    14 - AF
    15 - AF
    16 - AF
    17 - AF
    18 - AF
    19 - AF
    20 - AF
    21 - 3 glasses of wine
    22 - AF
    23 - AF
    24 - AF
    25 - AF
    26 - AF

Bar and drinks with dinner swerved and I'm now back in my hotel room with no intention of going back out to get a drink.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    Short month, so this might be challenging.
    I had 18AF days for January

Saturday February 1 - AF - Superbowl party tomorrow (yes, we Canadians love it too) so not planning to be AF. I am planning to intersperse glasses of water between drinks, and I have 1 cold no-alcohol beer to take with me to the party.
    Sunday February 2 - Drinks and too much fattening food, but very fun. Shakira and JLo were great!
    Monday February 3 - AF - Felt a bit rough this morning until I had my lemon water.
    Tuesday February 4 - AF - It is my designated drinks day, but I also am trying to have 2AF days in a row in between, so abstained.
    Wednesday February 5 - 3 drinks
    Thursday February 6 - AF
    Friday Feb 7 - AF - The weight is finally coming down after Superbowl. We have a big event here in town next weekend, Winter Blitzville, the second annual. They close off the downtown and snowmobiles flip in the air over ramps, there are live bands, bbqs on the main street, fireworks etc. Many people will come back and forth from my house over the course of the day and night (I live right downtown) and I will put a giant pot of mulled wine on the stove for people coming and going to use the washroom and warm up a bit. I am going to try for only 2 drink days before then, because I will for sure want to indulge in some Mulled Wine. Guess that I will need to clean my house a bit lol.
    Saturday Feb 08 - AF - It was a planned day for drinks, but I wasn't feeling that well, so wanted to give my body a fighting chance.
    Sunday Feb 09 - AF - I was going to have Champagne to watch the Oscars, but didn't. OMG, 4 AF days in a row!! Second time ever
    Monday Feb 10 - AF - My first time to 5 AF days in a row. Planned drinks day tomorrow.
    Tuesday Feb 11 - 3 drinks - I thought that they might hit me after 5 AF days, but surprisingly they didn't. Hmm. Big dinner I guess.
    Wednesday Feb 12 - AF - Even though I didn't feel "buzzed" last night, I still felt a bit rough today. Planning on AF until Mulled Wine on Saturday.
    Thursday Feb 13 - AF - Still didn't feel well today, but got through the work day and wasn't up to having drinks.
    Friday Feb 14 - AF - I did have very small 1/2 teaspoon tastes of the mulled wine to adjust the sugar, cloves etc. while the vat was simmering - possibly an ounce altogether, but I am not counting that. Tomorrow I will be having some with guests.
    Saturday Feb 15 - Mulled Wine, a bunch of small servings.
    Sunday Feb 16 - AF - planning on AF tomorrow also.
    Monday Feb 17 = AF
    Tuesday Feb 18 - 3 drinks.
    Wednesday Feb 19 - AF - Planning on AF tomorrow also.
    Thursday Feb 20 - AF - I am still feeling the after effects of that cold/flu that I had, still sniffling and coughing. I have so much mulled wine left from the weekend and it might have served as an antihistamine, but I am on a new path to make sure that I have at least 2AF days in between, so didn't have any. Nyquil or Neo Citran will suffice before bed so that I can lay down without being stuffed up.
    Friday Feb 21 - AF - Sitting at 750 calories for the day, so I need to find a way to consume some more. This never happens when I have alcohol of course (think a vat of pistachio nuts to accompany the booze). Stuffed up, so not too interested in food. Happy to have hit the lower portion of my monthly goal with so many days left!! I am likely going to have some mulled wine tomorrow.
    Saturday Feb 22 - 1 glass of mulled wine in the afternoon. It felt really nice for my cold that returned this week, temporary antihistamine, delicious, and warm.
    Sunday Feb 23 - AF
    Monday Feb 24 - AF
    Tuesday Feb 25 - 2 drinks. I usually have 3, but the 2 really hit me harder than usual, maybe I didn't have enough to eat. Drunk is never the intent, I like a nice relaxing feeling and enjoy the taste but don't like feeling drunk. It was a stressful Tuesday, and 1 1/2 of those drinks were really lovely. All good now, 2 glasses of water since, and soon bedtime.
    Wednesday Feb 26 - AF

Running tally - 19AF days out of 26 days so far