Marathon

Options
2»

Replies

• mdgearica
    mdgearica Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Before I got into running I was not an active person at all, never had a sport. I started 5k then after 3 months I did 10k races. Then I guess after several 10ks I leveled up to Half marathons. When I got comfortable runnning half I decided to train for a full marathon.Program is usually 3-4 months. I guess it took me 1.5 yrs to run from 5k to full marathon. No injuries or any issues for me coz I really took time to get to know my limits and capabilities.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    I used to be fit as a teenager, semi-pro football (soccer) before I piled on the pounds and sat on my butt for 25 years. I was 19st 4 lbs in May, started C25K in July, ran my first 10k in October, my first HM in November, immediately after started the training plan for a marathon due in April. I run at a slow pace that my body seems okay with (10:30 min/mile on average). I have no intention of looking for a 'time' just do what my body say it can do. Everyone is different, I have been lucky but still had two injuries mainly due to my own stupidity.

Do the shorter distances before deciding on a marathon - let your body answer the question for you.