WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    @jugar

Thanks, I will take a month on maintenance. I am having surgery on Tuesday and will not be up to weighing in for a few weeks. I will have a lot of swelling. Drainage ports for 2 weeks. Not going to be fun. When I come back do I use my last weigh for Feb as my start weight??

I think that is a good idea. When you come back, we'll start fresh with a weigh-in that is the week before the 1st of April, as if it were your final March weigh-in. If that timing isn't great, just let me know and we'll figure it out. In any case, I hope you will still hang out in our chat from time to time once you're recovering. It sounds like it might be a difficult couple of weeks, so take the good drugs as needed, ok? Good luck with everything!!!
  • jugar
    Terytha wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in: 298.2

Weight loss just so slow since the new year started. Not that I should be surprised what with all the birthdays and events. Oh well. I'm still getting stronger and putting on muscle so I just need to find some patience.

My allergies have basically cleared up today and I slept pretty well so we'll call this the fresh start. I'm gonna just have one really good week, that's my first goal.

Pssst! Amber! You are so used to typing a 2 as the first digit of your weight, that you forgot you can now start with a 1!! :wink:

Glad your allergies are feeling better! Go for that perfect week :heart:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @micki48 Love the pic of your Juliet! So so sweet! Cherish this time with her. All 3 of my kids stayed home with grandma before going to kindergarten. This is the last year they will be on daycare duty. My in laws are a little sad it's almost over. I'm sure they will find a new normal next year spending time together...or they might kill each other! But I will lean towards the sunny side of things for them. I bet you have fun times and she will have the best memories of this time together. Enjoy your little snow, so magical for little one.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 209
    CW 209

I apologize for being MIA and not losing. I feel like I lost some but the scale said no.

This week was pretty draining. Our heat went out, we had two leaks in our roof, the door handle on my van broke off 😹. The worse part was our cat Cheddar, he had a UTI and was blocked and stayed at the vet for three days, home for two and went back for a night. We have him home finally and hoping he doesn’t have to go back before his checkup. It was quite emotional and 💸💸. I am finally feeling like things are in place and fixed! My husband is gone for the weekend and my youngest daughter had a Daddy/Daughter dance so MY dad took her. She loves her Pawpaw! I will post a picture. Cheers to a better week!! 🍾
  • jugar
    OK people.
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

These are the remaining weigh-ins for the week:
    @Steph1498
    @mrsjar5311
    @lovethyneighbor

Please make sure those are in by Sunday morning, 8:00 Eastern Time. Thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps for 2/21 = 7835
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Steps (Saturday): 2,344
    Ugh.
    Lots of school work due. Too much sitting bit that’ll change soon. I’ll get more exercise come Monday!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 279 Member
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 279 Member
    STEPS
    7sho6zje4hlp.png
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar

Thanks, I will take a month on maintenance. I am having surgery on Tuesday and will not be up to weighing in for a few weeks. I will have a lot of swelling. Drainage ports for 2 weeks. Not going to be fun. When I come back do I use my last weigh for Feb as my start weight??

I think that is a good idea. When you come back, we'll start fresh with a weigh-in that is the week before the 1st of April, as if it were your final March weigh-in. If that timing isn't great, just let me know and we'll figure it out. In any case, I hope you will still hang out in our chat from time to time once you're recovering. It sounds like it might be a difficult couple of weeks, so take the good drugs as needed, ok? Good luck with everything!!!

@jugar
    Thanks, will be checking in.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Ok so sorry for my delay!
    CW: 168.4
    PW: 167.4

Its up 1 pound after a week in London. Great options for a variety of markets and restaurants and beers. Not too bad for the scale. Hope to work it off (again) next week.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 steps for my week are off the chart thanks to lots of walking around the sites! 🇬🇧
    2/16: 17,114
    2/17: 23,348
    2/18: 22,695
    2/19: 15,441

2/20: 16,502
    2/21: 11,704
    2/22: 9,434
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @micki48 that looks like our snowstorms!!

@conleywoods That sounds like my husband. He thinks about losing weight and then he does! He doesn't eat very well either. He eats what I cook, but he also eats a lot of fast food for lunch and drinks an insane amount of coke.

I had a lovely weigh in today and hope it stays for tomorrow's official weigh in. I haven't actually worked out all week. I plan on working out today. We are headed out of town for a wedding on Wed. I had a small loss for January, a small loss for Feb, and I hope to really hit it hard in March.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Forgot my steps.
    Mon 6,139
    Tues 10,989
    Wed 12,650
    Thurs 13,140
    Fri 12,005
    Sat 9,199
  • jugar
    Happy Sunday!

Well, the tallies were not too pretty this week. All the teams have hit a bit of a slump - but that happens, right? We were actually the team with the most GREEN in our spreadsheet. 69.2% of us lost at least a tiny bit, so that is encouraging, even if overall we had a team gain.

So this week, let's try to boost those numbers, our moods, our calorie deficits. Cut one more small thing a day, get up and move a bit more, and we'll have some serious green to sail into March.

Today's weigh-ins:
    @YinxFed
    @ejdp254
    @Andreabroadley
    @deniners2

Thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps for 2/22 = 11,661
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

Sorry to say this week's weigh in is pretty ugly:
    PW - 174.8
    CW - 178

And I know why - pretty sloppy eating (including night time snacks), not enough stepping and starting a new 8 week fitness programme which includes a lot of strength training (i.e. a bit more muscle). Added to that, I've not got as many Zzzs as I should have each night over the past week and definitely not drunk enough water.

Well, I've drawn a line in the sand and stepped over it!

So my resolutions for this week: - no snacking after supper, more water, and earlier to bed.

And here are my steps for the past week:
    16/02 - 3728
    17/02 - 5171
    18/02 - 2961
    19/02 - 8427
    20/02 - 4366
    21/02 - 5037
    22/02 - 4500

There's nothing like the start of a week for setting new resolutions.

Enjoy your Sunday, folks!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    r0whmc0iw24v.gif
    As a whole we lost 12.1 pounds or 0.04%!!

t6j2pfzslrbi.jpg

PLACE TEAM by PERCENTAGE LOST
    1st Weight No More. .31%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.12%
    3rd Trimstones 0.01%

PLACE TEAM by POUNDS LOST
    1st Weight No More 15.3Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 6.4 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 0.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL by PERCENTAGE LOST
    1st @Emmajhare 3.39%
    2nd @GingerPwr 2.36%
    3rd @kayla7303 2.05%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL by POUNDS LOST
    1st @Emmajhare 6.2 Lbs
    2nd @Motiv8tedMom 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @kayla7303 3.8Lbs
    3rd @CassieGetsFit2013 3.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @amsandos
    @mustb60
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    @TeraBreakingFree
    @achagpar
    @girlfacedolly
    @LaurieWrobo
    @Gidgetgoescrazy

e1fkt9cmhlu4.jpg
  • jugar
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

Sorry to say this week's weigh in is pretty ugly:
    PW - 174.8
    CW - 178

And I know why - pretty sloppy eating (including night time snacks), not enough stepping and starting a new 8 week fitness programme which includes a lot of strength training (i.e. a bit more muscle). Added to that, I've not got as many Zzzs as I should have each night over the past week and definitely not drunk enough water.

Well, I've drawn a line in the sand and stepped over it!

So my resolutions for this week: - no snacking after supper, more water, and earlier to bed.

Excellent resolutions! And since you are the first weigh in of the final week, we now know that you LOST 1.6 pounds during the month of February. So you are in the green, even if it is not as much as you would have liked. Brava! Good job on starting a new strength training programme too - that will make a difference in how many calories you burn at rest. I always like that part!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 766 Member
    PW: 149.5
    CW: 148.5

I got down to 148 Friday a.m., but then I ate late evening both Fri & Sat...
This discussion has been closed.