WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Got text from son. They are at Er with grandson. He is 2 1/2 and decided to try to climb out of crib. Fell, broke both bones in his left forearm. Doctors at Phoenix Children's say clean breaks. They were setting it a bit earlier so hopefully they get home soon. I think Logan is probably handling it better than Mom and Dad! Son said Logan's biggest problem was he didn't like having to stay in the hospital bed--he wants to get up and explore. I am guessing son will convert to the toddler bed when they get home. Son just updated-he only gets splint tonight and follows up with ortho to get cast in a week or so.

Off to bed-work trip tomorrow. Luckily just overnight Monday and back home Tuesday. Sinus infection showing some improvement. Felt good enough to get a walk in this afternoon, It was near 50F and sunny. Going to surgery center in morning-brother having biopsy for tumor on vocal chords. Hopefully nothing bad.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

>>>

Logan will be halfway healed by the time he gets his cast on next week. They heal so fast, and you are right that it is much harder on the parents than on Logan. Such guilt.

Hope your brother's vocal chord tumor is benign.

Karen-a-wee-wee in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Machka: Hope this round of med appts get that RTW fiend off your back. Your tenacity in looking out for your DH is exemplary.
    Kylie: What a weaselling rat of a POS! Hope he gets his comeuppance!

Imperial measurement: so called because they were standardised by the king/queen of the time. One of the earliest standardising attempts was made by King Henry 1 in the 1100s. The yard was the distance from his nosetip to the end of his thumb. Current British Imperial Measures were standardised in the 1800s. (Coincidentally, the length measurements do roughly relate to the proportions of the mature human body. The knuckle of the index finger is roughly 1 inch, the average human foot is approximately 12 times the knuckle measurement, (1 foot). The distance from nosetip to outstretched fingertip is roughly 3 times the length of the foot (1 yard). I have actually seen a market trader measure out cloth roughly using this method.)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Ginny - What scary news! I have no doubt your gs is handling it better than your kids. Hugs for you and prayers for quick healing. I'm betting the cast won't slow him down at all.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Page 67. Time for work!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Lanette - Our beach is pebbles. The nearest glorious sand is some way west at Littlehampton.

Kylia - You are looking very trim :D I'm not surprised you were tired. Anything out of the ordinary wears me out these days, even happy times! Lovely family. <3

Sending love to Suebdew. Barbara, please convey all our thoughts and wishes for her recovery. <3

Wind and pouring rain again here. What a February! :# At least I haven't got Viv's snow. I had a food delivery this p m and forgot to order salad, so DH has gone out in the driving rain to save the day. <3 They didn't have the bread I ordered (it's hand cooked, so I expect it wasn't baked yet when they packed everything) and, worst of all, they substituted real beer for the AF pack I had ordered. :o The delivery guy was just as horrified as me and said he would have words when he got back. Poor guy, it was absolutely pouring down!
    Still expecting an Amazon delivery.
    I'm making a ragu this afternoon which will be big enough to freeze some. Hooray!

Viv - Isn't it nice to get a real treat. B) I just love good service in an old fashioned way. A good waiter can make or break your whole experience. The ones at the Wolseley were absolutely spot on. Just the right combination of friendly and efficient. We even had a discussion about changing a 'have to' into a 'choose to' and a laugh about it. I like my waiters to be people, but not over familiar. I really respect and admire people who do their jobs well. That's a major reason why I enjoy the cruises so much - everyone is just excellent at their jobs. It is soooooo relaxing.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karen VA ~ Your young self was a real cutie! You and your mom and brother all looked so happy.

Lucy ~ That grandbaby makes me smile!

Kylia ~ You, your daughter and grand daughters are beautiful women!

Barbara ~ So glad you let us know what is going on with Suebdew. Wishing her and her husband better health.

Prayers and good wishes to all who need them!

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I was just taking my vitamins. I realized that my bad eating habits came back when I stopped the coQ10. Hmmm. Maybe I am being superstitious. What kinds of vitamins do you all take?

I take B, C, D, garlic, biotin, turmeric, iron and minerals.

Annie in Delaware
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Annie I take C, D, B complex, multi for women 50+, and Curalin (herbs for blood sugar control)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Welcome Patricia - you are in the right place. :D I lost 57 lbs and I love my food! You can do this!

Luci- Wow, those legs! :o:D<3 You always seem so coherent when you write. It's hard to believe you have any fuzziness. <3

I've just booked the rest of the excursions we had bookmarked for the Norway cruise. Unfortunately, one was already sold out, so we had to go for the slightly more expensive option that includes a short Grieg concert in an old wooden church along with a scenic drive. (I had already booked the RIB trip around the fjord for the morning of that day. Just for me as DH is worried about his bad back. )
    Also we have a trip to an old fishing town with wooden houses and a visit to a house, and another is a longish walk through apple orchards to a cider farm for a tasting of cider and apple brandy and a visit to the orchid house.
    As it will be April we will need clothing for all weathers!
    I am excited, though I realise that everything might be cancelled if the Coronavirus really takes over. Everyone on the ship is over 50 and a lot are over 80. Some 90+. I guess it's just wait and see.

Allie - Hope your return goes smoothly. Can you post a pic from your phone to keep us going?

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx