WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Karen,
    Words escape me for the news of your dear friend and the start of her next journey. Big hug to you.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,225 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have tried meditation sitting walking and my favorite lying down. I have done it to speech, birdsong, quiet, and my favorite, new age slow chimes music. I like to do it but I forget too often to call it a regular practice.
    Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Today we've been working on cleaning our ovens. One went like clock work. The other is a pain in the neck. We rented a blower to evacuate the smoke that the automatic oven cleaning feature is generating. The first blower didn't work so I took it back and was given another that is working right now. It is both effective and NOISY. Since it is working well, I'm choosing to be grateful that its getting the job done. :grumble: :bigsmile:

Katla
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Karen - thinking of you tonight as the darkness falls here. I'm so sorry.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Nice quiet day here, no pounding on the roof. It rained yesterday and no leaks. Yay! The YM pool is open again and I am really looking forward to water exercise tomorrow. Black bean soup for dinner.

Amber - Only 50 pounds?? That is 2/3s of your goal woman. Wish that I could say that.

Katla - Hope you had a good lesson yesterday and Arrow was a gentleman.

JanetO - Happy Birthday!!

I read Jon Kabat-Zinn's Full Catastrophe Living and have used his CDs for meditation. I enjoy doing walking meditations with breathing and mantras timed to the steps such as "I breathe in joy, I breathe out peace." I do one step for each word. I have better luck with this than sitting many times. I have also done guided meditation with crystal bowls, very interesting.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Lynette,
    When the probiotic fad started I read an article about our ancestors having better gut health than we do today. The article stated they ate more fermented and pickled foods.. I tried to locate it and it's buried by so much newer information.

I tried fermenting my own vegetables and did not really enjoy the results. I will try some pickling in the future. For now, I'll stick with yogurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut (store bought).
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Karen: Thinking of you. :heart: :heartbreak::heart:
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Sue- I’m almost here 1yr now.Im not starving myself just staying at it around my 1200 cal plus exercise. If I’m somewhat under we’ll end up over eating another day so evens out.

Amber Tx

Hopefully in 6 more months I can be done start learning to maintain
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 8.01min, 140mhr, 11.8amph, 1.58mi= 79c
    apple watch- 69c
    HELIX MACHINE- 25min, 116ahr, 115ahr, 140mhr, 58arpm, 137mhr, lvl1-2, 2.31mi= 171c
    apple watch- 164c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, windy- 5.43min, 142mhr, 15.4amph, 1.46mi= 50c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, windy- 16.22min, 143mhr, 11.1amph, 3.03mi= 157c
    apple watch- 111c
    Jog sta 2 wrk, windy- 5.30min, 10.11min mi, 149mhr, .54mi= 68c
    apple watch- 63c
    Jog wrk 2 sta, windy- 4.42min, 10.33min mi, 148mhr, .44mi= 57c
    Apple watch- 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.43min, 8.2amph, 153mhr, 2.57mi= 182c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 764
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    Carol Thanks!

>>>

My friend Lynette is surrounded by family and dear friend Shona this morning in Colorado. Shona stayed through the night so Lynette's husband Rod could get some sleep.

I commented yesterday that today would be Lynette's mother's 84th birthday and Shona replied that she & Rod thought it would be perfect if Lynette joined her mother on her birthday.

Shona said Lynette held her own through the night, and seemed to be waiting for Rod to get to the nursing home this morning. Now that he's there, Shona says Lynette seems to be letting go.

Whoever said that a person with Alzheimer's dies twice was spot on. I didn't really know it until now.

This is a not very good photo of 4 of us at high school graduation. It's a photo of a photo. From left to right, Lynette, Shona, Jodie, and me. Missing is Pam, who took the photo. Also missing is Daylene, who was an after high school addition to our little group of friends. 1jwdzg4hw6l9.jpeg

Karen in Virginia

Very sorry!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
    Iiii
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,595 Member
    edited February 2020
    Barbara - this is the octagonal church where there will be a recital (not really a concert) :) You can also see my morning trip on the RIB.
    I'm seriously concerned about whether the cruise will happen at all. :s

wxwwsd0wfypx.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3