WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Still catching up, I'd better hurry, last day of February today.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Viv UK <3<3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Saturday 29 Feb ...

Distance: 11.06km
    Elevation: 71m 
    Moving Time: 42:26
    Elapsed Time:    42:57 
    Speed: Avg:    15.6km/h | Max:    28.8km/h

Plus some walking.

My husband had one of his big medical appointments today. A bit stressful but I think it went all right.

Then we did a little shopping in town.

And then we went for the short bicycle ride.

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Michelle- I prefer my asparagus fresh too. I I agree about pee smell! It happens like right away for me! I prefer my broccoli fresh too. I am prefer more flower, less stalk. Frozen seems to have lots stalk.

Helping adult children......I have helped financially but have been paid back. One daughter is fast to pay, the other......well....at one point she wanted a nose piercing. I told her I didn't care that she was a married mother of two, as long as she owed me money, she was still a child and the answer was NO. About 2 years later, she paid me in full. I said thank you and the answer is still no. She said, no worries, she has outgrown that phase-lol! I , like Tracey watched our oldest granddaughter after work as her mom(my youngest) worked nights. Donovan was out to sea, they were young, GD was only one, so daughter and her moved to be closer to us. We would pick Nevaeh up from the sitter when we got off work, feed, play, bath, bed. In the morning we took her home to mommy. We had her 5-7 nights a week. She went everywhere with us. When Donovan got stationed in FL for a land duty, they moved. To this day, my heart still aches about the day they left. We would meet my daughter 1/2 way every few months, to exchange Nevaeh. We would keep her for about 6 weeks, then send her home for about 6 weeks. She went to work with us every day. Then school began.......... :'( Nevaeh was the only grand that we were able to do that with. Her brother was a momma boy and was 3 before he stayed a week with us with no mommy. My oldest daughter didn't let us keep kids overnight until they went to Punta Cana for a week. I did figure out that I am thankful in some ways that I had my kids young, but in some ways wished I had waited longer. I had much more energy at 20, but not as much patience. Amber probably understands this. Hugs to all still helping our kids. There is a fine line between helping and enabling.

The sun is suppose to shine this weekend and temperatures to warm up starting Sunday. Then rain for 4 days. Going to enjoy this weekend. I might even get outside and walk the driveway. Yes, I am a fair weather walker ;)

SIL showed up to work again yesterday. I wiped down and disinfected everything she may have touched on Thursday. I was going behind her for the hour she was there yesterday disinfecting and wiping down anything she touched! I too take elderberry syrup.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where 5 more work hours for this week.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Machka I meant to ask you why you stay away from turmeric? Is it because of turmeric's potential effect on blood clotting or something else?

Turmeric was supposed to ease joint pain, but it seemed to make it worse ... especially in my hips and lower back. It had me wondering if I had kidney stones again. It also made my stomach upset. But worst of all, after going a long time without a period, after just a few weeks of turmeric, I had one again. Might have been coincidence, but it does act like oestrogen so it could have messed with my hormones a bit.

SuziQ113 wrote: »
    It suggested women should wipe down their purses weekly with a baby wipe (inside and out and all of the things we keep in them). We should also wipe our lipsticks weekly with a clean paper towel (the container and the actual lipstick). An additional thing I have had in practice for years is carrying a pen and never using the one provided in any public place (oh, think of the germs).
    SuziQ - SFL

I'd have to find my purse and lipstick first! :lol:

I can't actually remember the last time I used lipstick, but I probably have some old ones somewhere. I do use a lip moisturiser, but I go through them pretty quickly.

And as for purses, I have one I use when we go to the symphony about 6 times a year ... and I recently bought one for the first time in years which I leave at work. It's a small one and pretty much empty. I pop my phone and building pass in when I go out at lunchtime sometimes, and then those two things come out and it goes back into the drawer. I suppose I should wipe it down.

I do, however, clean my phone about once a week ... which reminded me to do that again.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    Fffff
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka Aha! Thanks. I had forgotten your stray period was after taking turmeric! Yeah, that would make me stay away from it, too.

I'd have to find my purse & lipstick, too! girl-applying-lipstick-smiley-emoticon.gif

SuziQ The Sicilian Shrimp sounds yummy.

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Re FRs: I just ignore them unless I know them from somewhere. I do have a few long term male friends here, but generally? No thanks!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: I worry about you giving notice without having a new job lined up. If you quit, you may not qualify for unemployment insurance. Do you have enough in savings to last you for weeks or months? Get a new job lined up and then wave goodbye to the old one. Please think about it.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka I meant to ask you why you stay away from turmeric? Is it because of turmeric's potential effect on blood clotting or something else?

Turmeric was supposed to ease joint pain, but it seemed to make it worse ... especially in my hips and lower back. It had me wondering if I had kidney stones again. It also made my stomach upset. But worst of all, after going a long time without a period, after just a few weeks of turmeric, I had one again. Might have been coincidence, but it does act like oestrogen so it could have messed with my hormones a bit.

M in Oz

Turmeric does the same for me. It made my knees and fingers hurt and swell. I tried it two different times to be sure it was really the turmeric doing it.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a pilates DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone DVD

Tracey – we don’t rent out the condo when we are not here. For one thing, the condo assoc states that if you rent, it must be for a minimum of 30 days. Not many people want to rent for 30 days at a time. In a way I can understand. If this is your home, you don’t want people coming in, partying, making noise, then leaving after having trashed the place. The person you rent t needs to have a background check done. Well , they don’t want (this has happened) to let you rent to someone who may be a drug dealer and has a record. Same with someone you might sell to. They have to have a background check. The taxes can be a real hassle. If I’m not mistaken, FL laws say that you need to itemize every item in the condo.

SuziQ – I never thought of using my own pen!!! Whenever I go to a MD office I always take my tablet with me and never use their magazines. To be honest, I’m going to go to UAC mainly for the ideas. Honestly, I think I have fairly decent habits down, but I’m always open to new ideas. Another person we haven’t heard from in a while is Lenora

I usually do wipe down the bottom of my laptop with a disinfecting wipe. Mainly because sometimes I take it to the gym to do a DVD and if I need to use the bathroom, I take it in with me and have to place it on the floor. I also many times wipe down the bottom of my pocketbook since there are a lot of places where they have a bathroom but no place to hang your pocketbook so I wind up having to put it on the floor.

Lisa – I think the same way you do. I really think that Pete’s mother enables. She had them live with her so that they “could save up for a house”. What would have been wrong with letting them live where they were and paying their own way? Her husband bought them a car. I’m sure it’s because Pete totaled his other car so his father was driving him to work. I bet the father got tired of driving him so the father just bought him a car. No, it was a truck. Since that’s what they had so that’s what Pete wanted. To me, they are enabling. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they helped Pete and Denise buy the house. Come on….4 adults, 2 dogs, and a baby on the way in a small house? But there’s nothing I can do. What are they going to do when the mother and father are no longer around? Well, they’ll find out.

Going to a ceramic place in West Melbourne in a few. One other lady at a place we went to recommended her. Don’t know what we’ll find.

Michele in fl where its supposed to get warm starting Monday.