Exercise experts needed πŸ€“πŸ‘πŸΌ

I'm really confused over what exercise would be best for me to do.
I am 5ft 8 female with a curvy pear shaped body. My shoulders/chest don't really hold much fat so look okay.
Weight goes onto my lower body more.

I'd like to strengthen my back upper and lower.
Tighten my waist
Reduce my butt, thighs tummy area.

I am unable to run due to hip problem.

Can anyone give me some workout ideas to take to the gym? There's a boat load of info out there but I just get more and more confused the more I read.

Thanks x

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    There's a boat load of info out there but I just get more and more confused the more I read.

You've read that you can't spot-reduce fat, correct? There is no way to choose which areas become leaner, or smaller, or tighter, or less fatty. For more on that, google "spot reduction myth". The way to lean out any body part is the same for everyone - eat fewer calories than you burn. It's really that simple, and requires no exercise. If you choose to do strength training, follow any good full-body program, like one from the pinned post.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I would not recommend HIIT for someone with a hip problem or new to exercise. How much does your hip limit your exercises? Can you walk fast or with incline? Do you need to stay low impact? Swimming, rowing, and spinning might be good options. Strength training is also important, but you might want to talk to your doctor or physical therapist about your hip. You might need specific exercises to strengthen it or need modifications. Good upper body/back exercises are pull ups(or use assisted pull-up machine), lat pulldown, bench press, shoulder press, rows, back fly, pec fly.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    If you can't run you might find cycling to your liking. Just be sure to set the bicycle up properly.