Feeling hopeless

Options
2»

Replies

• zoer302
    zoer302 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    p.s now down to 17st 3.5lbs, guess my fat is as stubborn as I am!
  • Siberian2590
    Siberian2590 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MFP gave me 1500 but I had to reduce it to 1200 to lose any weight.
  • lena4040
    lena4040 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    zoer302 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm feeling a little hopeless at the moment and don't know what to do.

For those interested, I'm 5'2, female, 30 years old, 17st 4lbs (started at 18stone). Suffer from PCOS and have barely just made it into the "at risk of diabetes" category. Exercise level is low, I work Mon-Fri 9-5 in an office and only do light activities at the weekends (gardening, strolls with my camera, chores etc).

I started my journey on 4th January 2020 at 18 stone exactly. By 28th January 2020 I got down to 17st 3lbs.

Since then (the last 14 days) I've been floating between 17st 6lb & 17st 4lb.

I've not cut anything out of my diet (apart from highly processed food) and have sat between 1400-1500 cals per day.

A typical day looks like this:
    Breakfast: Homemade museli (gluten free oats, nuts and seeds NO added sugar) with semi skimmed milk.
    Lunch: Salad with either boiled eggs, chicken or some other protein source and a little goats cheese and pine nuts.
    Dinner: Sweet potato mash, some form of veg (usually peas, sweetcorn or kale) and some form of meat.
    Snacks: Either a pear or some low-calorie flapjack-type 'health' bar.
    Drinks: 4 x tea with semi skimmed milk and 1 sugar.

Why has my weight loss seemingly stopped? I know this post may be a little premature and it's a slow process but I thought I would have at least lost 1lb in the last 14 days given my calorie deficit? I have been really strict in my calorie counting, even measuring the milk before adding it to my brews and the most I've eaten in a day in the last 40 days is 1500 when I went out for a meal.

I plan to add more exercise in the future but I wanted to get my "diet" right first so I'm not taking on too much at once.

I really thought I was on the right track but now I just don't know :(

Your diet seems to be fine, however, adding a little bit of walking and drinking water might help to wake up your system . Are you using any salad dressings?
  • zoer302
    zoer302 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    [/quote] Your diet seems to be fine, however, adding a little bit of walking and drinking water might help to wake up your system . Are you using any salad dressings? [/quote]

No I don't have anything on my salads at all and if I did I'd count it. I do need to start doing some walking and I am pretty bad at keeping up with my water intake so I need to improve on that :s

Update: I'm now at 16st 13lb so it's coming off slowly.