You are currently viewing the message boards in:

When did you realize you were an adult?

124»

Replies

• PaperDoll_PaperDoll_ Posts: 12,659Member Member Posts: 12,659Member Member
    I’m not sure I understand the question. 🤔
  • ericatoday1ericatoday1 Posts: 24Member Member Posts: 24Member Member
    When I got excited to get my tax return to pay off bills
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 10,662Member, Premium Member Posts: 10,662Member, Premium Member
    I was 21, my son was born.
    My life instantly changed.
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Posts: 2,546Member Member Posts: 2,546Member Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    Bought a new vacuum yesterday. Was so excited and amazed by how much better the suction was than my old one. Literally took a pic of the crud it sucked up and sent to my sister.
    This is my life now. 🤷‍♀️

I know this feeling all to well. Oh and don’t get me started on finding new cleaning products Lmao
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Posts: 2,546Member Member Posts: 2,546Member Member
    When 9PM started to feel like midnight 😴

I feels you! This is so me now. Making it to 10am seems like I stayed up all night. The other night when we went out and got home at 2am and then my internal clock woke me up at 6am. I like crap bc of the lack of sleep.
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    The day I buy a suit. Still hasn’t happened but I hope to later this year - so - Stay tuned I guess. If you care - I’m sure you don’t but I’ll post anyway - you’re welcome

When you do purchase it. Make a suit thread.
  • ythannahythannah Posts: 3,028Member Member Posts: 3,028Member Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    The day I buy a suit. Still hasn’t happened but I hope to later this year - so - Stay tuned I guess. If you care - I’m sure you don’t but I’ll post anyway - you’re welcome

When you do purchase it. Make a suit thread.

There is a suit thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/330384/men-in-suits that desperately needs resurrection, IMHO
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 9,223Member Member Posts: 9,223Member Member
    Closed my first deal @10 years old.
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Posts: 1,265Member Member Posts: 1,265Member Member
    When I stopped caring what other people thought of me.

Especially co-workers, acquaintances, and random people who I don't care about.
    I think in our youth, we spend too much energy trying to impress or please other people, or convincing yourself that everyone has to be your friend and no one should be allowed to dislike you.

As an adult, I realized that the only people I want to please are the friends and family who I love.
    Everyone else can like me or not and it doesn't bother me anymore.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Posts: 193Member, Premium Member Posts: 193Member, Premium Member
    When I got my will notarized
  • bidingmytimebidingmytime Posts: 84Member Member Posts: 84Member Member

I think in our youth, we spend too much energy trying to impress or please other people, or convincing yourself that everyone has to be your friend and no one should be allowed to dislike you.

As an adult, I realized that the only people I want to please are the friends and family who I love.

Agreed! But I'd like to add something to this, if you don't mind...

I also became an adult the day I realized that you shouldn't allow others to slander and bully you either. There's caring about what others think of you, and then there's just criminal, abusive behaviors that need to have proper boundaries established against those harassing you and intentionally trying to bring you down and ruin your life. You can still not care what they think, but you shouldn't just be "nice to everyone no matter what they do to you." I'm sure the people bullying you wouldn't allow such things to happen to themselves, and would definitely care if you said something about them that they didn't agree with or like.

Just my $0.02. :smiley:
    edited February 19

Agreed! But I'd like to add something to this, if you don't mind...

I also became an adult the day I realized that you shouldn't allow others to slander and bully you either. There's caring about what others think of you, and then there's just criminal, abusive behaviors that need to have proper boundaries established against those harassing you and intentionally trying to bring you down and ruin your life. You can still not care what they think, but you shouldn't just be "nice to everyone no matter what they do to you." I'm sure the people bullying you wouldn't allow such things to happen to themselves, and would definitely care if you said something about them that they didn't agree with or like.

Just my $0.02. :smiley:

Both valid points. You set your boundaries.
  • spade117spade117 Posts: 2,480Member Member Posts: 2,480Member Member
    This thread popped into my head last night while I was watching the 11pm news.