Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Added sugar

sandyraye28sandyraye28 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
I think my fitness pal should add a category of “added sugar.” I eat a lot of fruit and would like to see my statistics outside of natural sugars.

Replies

• cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 37,559Member Member Posts: 37,559Member Member
    I think my fitness pal should add a category of “added sugar.” I eat a lot of fruit and would like to see my statistics outside of natural sugars.

The problem with this is that added sugar has only recently been required on labels. Database entries are user based and they enter them from the nutritional labels of those foods...since it wasn't required on labels, it would be impossible for entries to have separated added from naturally occurring sugars. Since it's a new thing, it will likely be a long time before the database is populated with entries that include added sugars.
  • kimny72kimny72 Posts: 14,647Member Member Posts: 14,647Member Member

Added sugar is available as a field in the app, but not on the website (unfortunately there are a lot of functionality differences between the website and the apps). As cwolfman13 posted, entries are user entered, and there are thousands of entries in there from before that info was even available. So I'd guess if there are others using the app who are interested in separating out added sugar, they will start creating entries or correcting entries to reflect added sugar, assuming they are using the app.
    edited February 12