Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Video / Moving ads

PAV8888PAV8888 Posts: 6,518Member Member Posts: 6,518Member Member
I don't know if MFP is hoping to make more money with ever more intrusive moving ads playing at all times including on mobile data, or whether they're hoping that in exasperation people will pay for a premium subscription.

I am a stubborn **kitten** though. And I don't like being forced into things. At all. Which is probably why the relative freedom of calorie counting has worked fairly well for me.

In my books I'm pretty even with MFP: It has certainly helped me. And, in turn, I think I've put in my fair share of paying that back to our mutual benefit.

Including viewing an adequate amount of ads as opposed to the currently obnoxious amount that is getting shovelled down my data pipes.

If my settings say no to automatic video playback, I expect them to be honoured.

If it was a bug, a good several months and several reports would have been enough to resolve it.

Goodwill is an interesting commodity.

Did I mention that I'm a stubborn **kitten**?

If I decide to pay anyone a subscription for a food logging type app in the near future, it will be for something other than MFP.
edited February 13

Replies

• DecadeDuchessDecadeDuchess Posts: 86Member Member Posts: 86Member Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I don't know if MFP is hoping to make more money with ever more intrusive moving ads playing at all times including on mobile data, or whether they're hoping that in exasperation people will pay for a premium subscription.

I am a stubborn **kitten** though. And I don't like being forced into things. At all. Which is probably why the relative freedom of calorie counting has worked fairly well for me.

In my books I'm pretty even with MFP: It has certainly helped me. And, in turn, I think I've put in my fair share of paying that back to our mutual benefit.

Including viewing an adequate amount of ads as opposed to the currently obnoxious amount that is getting shovelled down my data pipes.

If my settings say no to automatic video playback, I expect them to be honoured.

If it was a bug, a good several months and several reports would have been enough to resolve it.

Goodwill is an interesting commodity.

Did I mention that I'm a stubborn **kitten**?

If I decide to pay anyone a subscription for a food logging type app in the near future, it will be for something other than MFP.

Hear, hear!

They don't seem to realize, that we possess the ability to calorie count without them. I already do because of, all of their other glitches & only use MFP now, to socialize.
  • tgrantdavistgrantdavis Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    I never look at any of the video ads. There is no chance that pissing me off will sell me anything -- not a product, not a subscription. It just makes me question the goals of the company, and reminds me how they do not seem to care about good user experience. I believe the goal should be to provide a great solution and a joyful experience to the user. The profit is important, but it should follow that. Please, MFP, get it right.
  • PAV8888PAV8888 Posts: 6,518Member Member Posts: 6,518Member Member
    The problem is that regardless of whether we look at them, or not, they consume mobile data when they auto play against user settings.
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 2,205Member Member Posts: 2,205Member Member
    Eating my data in order to show me irrelevant things is definitely not going to incline me to give you money.