Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Daily Custom Goals

RaZcal88RaZcal88 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
I know this has been brought up before, but it doesn't seem that anyone from support has addressed this.

I know we have the ability to setup custom goals for the week, however, it would be great if we could setup multiple goals and be able to select them on the fly depending on the day.

Example: I intake more calories on gym days than on rest days and the days I go to the gym could vary if things come up (i.e. Might need to gym on thurs instead of wed for whatever reason).

Does anyone know if this is possible now at all?

Support: If not, this might be a good thing to implement as I have seen this come up a few times on the boards.
edited February 14

Replies

• ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 2,207Member Member Posts: 2,207Member Member
    Why set a custom goal to take your exercise into account when MFP does it automatically when you enter your exercise?
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 29,569Member Member Posts: 29,569Member Member
    You can do that in Premium (the paid version.)

Alternately, you do know that entering "exercise" into the Exercise tab will increase your calories, right? So that is how we on the free version do that. That's essentially the whole point of this particular tool on the website - eating more on exercise days.

With all that said, you can also just add calories through the "Quick Tools" on the food diary, and even enter a negative number there. (I know, that's way too much work, just telling you it's an option.)

As far as not eating your planned amount, it really doesn't affect your weight, it just changes the color of the totals from green to red and vice versa. The day can still be "completed" regardless.
    edited February 14
  • RaZcal88RaZcal88 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    For this, I am changing my calories on certain days but also trying to hit particular macros (higher carbs/lower fat on workout days and reversed for rest days), so it would be nice if a day shifted, that that could be updated on the fly.
    edited February 14
    RaZcal88 wrote: »
    For this, I am changing my calories on certain days but also trying to hit particular macros (higher carbs/lower fat on workout days and reversed for rest days), so it would be nice if a day shifted, that that could be updated on the fly.

Yeah, I get that, but the problem is that it IS a feature on the paid version - and really one of the ONLY useful features - so it doesn't really make sense that they'd offer it for free.
  • RaZcal88RaZcal88 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    Who said anything about free? I have the paid version. Where am I able to do that, am I missing something?
    Thanks for this. Basically myfitnesspal allows you to create custom goals for the week but not per day.

Example: So, lets say on training days (Mon/Wed/Fri) I should be having 2500 cal (we'll use the fat macro as an example) with 51g fat and on rest days (Tues/Thur/Sat/Sun) that goes upto 81g, myFitnessPal gives me the ability to set those days for the week. The problem occurs when you need to swap a day around (temp). It would be nice if for that one day (training) , you can set your macros to the "rest" day instead on the fly.

I hope that makes sense.
    edited February 14