Tracey's Journey - Just OMAD 2020

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Yesterday's stats

Weight: 160.7 pounds :s
    Lumen Level & Plan: Level 2 (Burning mostly Fats) Medium Carb day recommended :)
    Steps taken: 11,964 :)
    Active Calories Burned: 729 :)
    Workout minutes: 64 :)
    Ounces of Water: 116 :)
    Time Asleep: 6h 27m :)
  • LadyBlanks
    I don't really know what to say right now. Most people are looking at daily losses while I on the other hand had just about daily GAINS . I am sitting here today, Thursday at 162.7 pounds. What in the world!!! Last Thursday I sat at 158.3 pounds and the Thursday before that I weighed in at 155.3 pounds. I had maybe a couple of splurge days during this time period but definitely not near the nearly 8 pound gain in 2 weeks. I feel the frustration along with some of you. I have not been doing OMAD as strictly as I did before so with Steph I am going back to OMAD and doing as the title of this thread JUST OMAD. I have to go back to my daily talk to myself.

I only eat one meal a day (repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...)
    One Meal, One Caloric Drink, One hour, and Done

This has to sink in because if I keep up the way I am going, I will have another monthly gain and I can't have that.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Sending over lots of hugs❤️ Same here, am keeping it simple and just omad. You can do this👍 Cheering for ya from Down Under
  • LadyBlanks
    Well today was a fail OMAD wise. I ended up eating my meal and then part of my husband's meal two hours after my meal. I just ate it, because he didn't want it. I was already full and still ate making myself feel miserable. But tomorrow is a new day and it will be an OMAD day. I have been upping my exercise and I don't know if that is making me more hungry. I would say no because I am picking up weight so I don't need the extra calories.

It was a good day stat wise, just got to get my eating back in check and my weight going in the downward direction.

today's stats

Weight: 162.7 pounds :s
    Lumen Level & Plan: Level 2 (Burning mostly Fats) Medium Carb day recommended :)
    Steps taken: 10,724 :)
    Active Calories Burned: 644 :)
    Workout minutes: 55 :)
    Ounces of Water: 107 :)
    Time Asleep: 6h 6m :|
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Be kind to yourself. You’ll get there.
  • LadyBlanks
    Weight up again this morning 163.2 pounds. Today is the last up day, I can't keep this up. I had an OMAD breakfast this morning so I am done for today. I am hoping the early meal and earlier fast starting will make for a good loss in the morning. I just have to make sure I don't eat any more today.

My lumen recommended a high carb day for me today so I had pancakes this morning along with scrambled eggs with cheese and conecuh sausage and chocolate kale shake.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Take it day by day babe - I've been back on OMAD and while I didn't get the the big drops I'm used it, I'm going down about a pound a day if I stick to it - it WILL work!!!! Just stick to the agenda and think of it like your 3-day fasts, NON-NEGOTIABLE!!! :)
  • LadyBlanks
    edited July 2020
    Self-Sabotage is real and the mind can be really cruel sometimes. What not even an hour after my last post and not even two hours after my meal, I was standing in the kitchen about to pour milk into a bowl of cereal. Thank God I came to my senses and didn't go through with it.

Technology and the things we get to help us on our journeys can be the things that cause us the most stress and lead to our derailment. In my case this new Lumen I have. I breathe into it every morning and it tells me if I am burning carbs or fat for fuel. All this week my morning level has been at burning mostly fat. If you have been burning fat for 3 straight days it recommends a high carb day. Today is my high carb day. So it has you breathe into the lumen an hour after a high carb meal to check whether you have moved into the carb-burning mode. I just did my hour after meal breath and it still registers me as being in mostly fat-burning mode. So what is my thinking, I have to eat something else carby so I can register in the carb-burning mode. so I go from my basement office to the kitchen in search of something high carb that will get me in carb-burning mode. Not many options so I grab the Golden Grahams a serving is 40 grams so I pull out my scale and weigh out 40 grams. Then it hits me, I already had my meal today and if it didn't get me in carb-burning mode SO WHAT, after I get in carb-burning mode, the lumen's goal is for me to get back to fat-burning mode as quickly as possible so just stick with OMAD and don't risk the additional weight you could put on just trying to reach some goal that a piece of technology sets.

Again thank God I came to my senses because that bowl of cereal could have set me on an all-day eating trip I don't need to take.

At this point, I am taking it one second at a time.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'm SO GLAD you stopped yourself!!! All these "measurements" we have can definitely add a layer of complexity that can help "talk yourself into" eating more than you need - I'm not really sure that this Lumen thing is really any good for anything other than a cool toy LMAO - I mean, really, who cares what you're burning if it's CALORIES!!! At the end of the day, it's CICO...low carb CAN help but it requires so much consistency and devotion to make any difference that I say F it...just adds more restrictions and doesn't seem to help, ya know?

I think this Lumen thing might be messing with your head, love :)
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    I agree that the lumen thing might be stressing you out. I’m sure it’s probably helpful in some ways but maybe you could take a little break from it.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi Tracey......just catching up..........
    I am in agreement that the LUMEN may be causing more stress for you after reading through your post........for me, if i try to complicate things too much, that leads to over obsessing about it and then that leads to stress followed by stress eating because I didn't follow through with what I obsessed about.....If you stick to OMAD period you will get back on track.....

We are all here to cheer you on!!!!! Keep on going and doing what you know works.....

Hugs :)
  • LadyBlanks
    It's not the lumen you guys. It is me making the wrong choices. Before my 3 day fast, I was back up to 169 pounds. After my fast, I was back down to 155.7 pounds yesterday which made for 0.4 pound gain for the month.

I am at 156.0 pounds today and am really going to try for a loss this month. I know that I can maintain with my 3-day fast, but I want to lose for pete's sake. I have to make healthy carb choices because the carbs are what really do me in.
  • volgirl1322
    Hi Tracey ----You can do it......Carbs do me in way more than anything else too.......totally understand.....
  • volgirl1322
    How are things going Tracey?? <3
  • LadyBlanks
    A little on the struggle bus, but I am getting it together. Weight was 165.4 pounds this morning.
  • volgirl1322
    We are here for you Tracey ---you will get there you are a rock star :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    The struggle is real Tracey but we've got this <3
  • jadepearl
    Yes, the struggle is real and I have ballooned up to 127 lbs. We can do this together <3
  • LadyBlanks
    Day 2 of my 3 day fast and I am sitting at 166.4 pounds - 11 pounds over last month’s end of fast weight :( I have to admit I have not been doing well on OMAD but after this fast I am joining Brenda in getting back to OMAD. I have to get things under control
  • jadepearl
    We can do this together <3 I think a lot of us are struggling and with this covid-19, it ain't making anything easier. Hugs!