• Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's great, keep it up.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hand that person a 38-pound suitcase and tell them to carry it around for a day. Ask them how much they'd like to celebrate getting rid of it!! Congrats!!

(Oh, and by the way, was your friend trying to channel my long dead mother when she said that?)
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    @vampirequee You have done a fantastic job, don't let anyone derail your efforts! 38 lbs is such an accomplishment (so is every lb you lose)! The person who said that said a real passive aggressive comment and isn't worth your worry. Stay the course, you are doing great and don't let that comment undermine all of your hard work! This community is proud of you and so are your true friends!
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Some people don’t want to mention someone else’s weight loss because it reminds them that they haven’t done anything about their own weight issues. If they can ignore it, they don’t have to feel condemned about their own lack of action. Congratulations on your loss!!!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is a great effort and regardless of how much you still have to go having 38 lbs less on your body is good for your health and an excellent situation.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm up to 55lbs now. Feeling pleased with myself.

Be pleased! 55 pounds is incredible! That’s fantastic!
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Please update.
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Fififoos wrote: »
    This amount is AMAZING don’t let anybody rain on your parade. Do things that help you to be excited it doesn’t matter what others say or don’t say. I took pics of myself with “goal pants” on. They weren’t pretty as I could only get them to my thighs. I decided to take a progress pic to see how much if any change there was. My loss was exactly the amount you have now. I was shocked when not only did the pants fit but I could button and zip them just fine. Wow! Nobody could have said anything that made me feel as good as those two pics. Yay me!!

Great idea! I will do!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow, 55 pounds! You are doing fantastic!!! 🎉🎉🎊
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    One pound is an accomplishment. One walk around the block is an accomplishment. One choice to choose an apple over a brownie is an accomplishment. Ef the haters.

ps, choosing the brownie can be a win too.
  • kjratliff55
    kjratliff55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    By now you are in the "Habit" of using MFP and you know it works ...... I'll be watching for a 100lb down notice.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I was already fully a cheerleader at the 38lbs but 55lbs is phenomenal. I bet you feel amazing.

You are a flipping super star - don't let anyone tell you otherwise
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! I will definitely celebrate with you! I don't care if you have 500 more lbs to lose, 55 is an awesome start! I'm glad you posted this so that you could hear some positive feedback on your accomplishment. good support makes all the difference. and I agree with a few earlier comments... buy that smaller pair of pants, it will make you feel GREAT. Also, definitely do progress pics. I did that and after losing my first 20 lbs, i took another. and even though just looking in the mirror I couldn't really tell a difference. but when I looked at the 2 pics side by side, i broke down crying for almost an hour. i COULD see the progress and it gave me so much motivation to keep going and do even more. i ended up losing almost 60 lbs and never felt better about about myself. i want that for you too, so keep on trucking and don't look at how much further you have to go, but how far you've already come.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Every day you become lighter and closer to your goal. That means every day you are a success. You are doing great and you obviously are going to reach your goals without caring what a person who misspoke or was thoughtless said. I wonder what they will think when you keep going and reach your goals.
  • naladbrooke
    naladbrooke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    38lb? What a brilliant achievement - be so proud of yourself and don’t sweat about the haters!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    Wow, now you are 55 lbs down, that is fantastic! Keep on going. You are doing great, what an inspiration!
  • 1chesc
    1chesc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    55lb is an amazing achievement. Congratulations! As many people have said every lb, every exercise is a win. Look forward to hearing about your future achievements
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am jealous. Sigh, seem a bit stuck but hanging in and HOPING 55 will come for me maybe by July! Keep hustling.
  • sarebearr
    sarebearr Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's so *kitten* that someone would say that to you. 38 pounds is A LOT OF WEIGHT!! CONGRATS. That's such an amazing accomplishment. Take their dumb attitude and let it motivate you that you can do this! Prove it to that very rude person.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!