Air Fryer Fanatic

2»

Replies

• bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    I got one after Xmas and I love it. Meats turn out fabulous, but I'm still trying to figure out how not to burn veggies.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Whenever I have leftover mashed potato, I make croquettes which I freeze in trays, transfer to ziplock bags and heat up for 10 minutes at 200C in the air fryer.

My tip for bread crumb coated foods for the air fryer is to use greasy breadcrumbs where you stir a teaspoon or so of olive oil into the breadcrumbs. Much easier than spraying finished product with oil to get a crisp coating when air fried.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,393 Member
    I am SO over cleaning the plastic racks on my dehydrator (I make a huge batch of beef jerky every three or four weeks). I was looking for an alternative last night, and saw the Ninja Foodi, so I ordered one.

It pressure cooks, air fries, dehydrates, slow cooks and a bunch of other stuff. Am crossing fingers it does all it claims, but especially that the *kitten* dehydrating racks are easier to clean- and don’t require a toothbrush to do so. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonus would be eliminating a whole cabinet or two full of cooking gizmos in our small kitchen!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Another air fryer tip.

I've damaged the non stick coating on the bottom of my basket by tossing it in the dishwasher where the detergents are too harsh for non stick surfaces. If you are in the same boat, buy some silicon mesh sold for preventing small pieces of food such as shrimp and asparagus from falling between BBQ grates. Cut down to size to line the basket. Nothing sticks to silicon mesh and you can toss it in the dishwasher.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited March 2020
    Potatoes are good in an air fryer. If you rub a little oil and sprinkle a little salt on the skin, you'll get a nice, crispy potato skin with a light, fluffy potato inside.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    351mq9wafd07.png
    I just go this last week and been experimenting! Made Chicken wings, Sweet potato fries, Lamb, Turbo bread. Love it so far!!