tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Sunny is so adorable!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @GingerPwr
    It was really hard. I do have to rest a little as I go but that's ok. I'm not a runner so I wouldn't be able to do that.

I don't think it matters what we do as long as the exercise is something we enjoy. If it's not enjoyable, then it just becomes a chore.

Keep up the good work!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I had a sore throat yesterday and felt a bit under the weather. I went to bed earlier and slept later, and it is gone today. I normally would not have given something like that a second thought, but in these times, I was worried. Homeschooling went well today. The school board just sent an email that they will be releasing a plan after April 6th. I hope that it includes actual lessons for the kids. My older son is 13 and has some assignments, so he has been able to work on his own. My younger son is 9, so he needs more “teaching”. We work in short segments on math, writing and reading. It adds up to only an hour or so, but it keeps his brain active and gives the day a bit of structure. Life has moved online now with family & friends, piano lessons, my workouts and hockey workouts. I am having a drink tonight with one of my friends via FaceTime!

@pacsnc6 - That is excellent that your prognosis is very good and that you feel really good! I love your positive attitude and keep up that record of surprising your doctors!

@tryingagain5 - Amazing loss, congratulations! I was tired just reading that work out! Lucy is adorable!

@Freeglerock - Nice maintain! Being home with the kids is challenging and it is tough to get work done. The virtual piano lessons went better than expected, same with the virtual workouts for the kids. We are definitely going to keep it going for them. I just read in the UK news that working on allotments is permissible in your lock down because there is a natural distance between plots. So am hoping that you are still able to do that as it would be a nice way to get out and also have some fresh veggies.

@amsandos - Nice loss! It could very well be that you don’t have the temptations at work and that contributed. Sounds like a new routine is emerging and it is great that you are keeping the kids active.

@sleepymom5 - Great day all things considered! Hope that both you and Jim feel better today!

@GingerPwr - Sorry that your boobs messed up your workout tracking! Great that you completed a run though! Nice meal, looks yummy!

@KUMEcyclingteam - Yummy pie! Glad to see that you are cooking, and that you got out the spin bike. I challenge you to sit on it today and spin for 10 minutes!

@lennoncpa - Your grandpuppy is so cute!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Did my second day of workouts. I was up early so I could file for unemployment because everyone has set times to apply and I think everyone had the same idea. The system kept crashing. I started at 630 took an hour to exercise finally finished the process at 1030. I was ready to say screw it but I can't do that. So everything else I planned for my day I now dont feel like doing but that's ok I guess, I have plenty of days off to get it done. I always say if I won the lottery I would quit my job but I think I would get bored quick.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Some comic relief for today. Here is a montage of Italian mayors yelling at their citizens to observe the quarantine. It is really funny. Warning that there is some cussing, but it is in Italian. I cannot imagine the mayor of Toronto doing this, but then again, maybe he should!

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: Tuesday
    Food: 16:8 IF
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute dog walk; 11,870 steps

Yesterday was our 19th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything but I did make corned beef and cabbage since we didn't celebrate St. Patty's day. Weight shot up this morning but I think/hope its due to the sodium. My neighbor called to ask if I could open her garage door (doesn't everyone have automatic garage door openers??) She had a hair appt and wanted to try to drive herself. Good grief... isn't she watching the news? Anyway, she made it to town and back safely.

@sleepymom5 That's pretty scary... hope Jim turns the corner soon. Thank goodness he has you looking after him.
    @cafelelia glad you feel better. Yeah, there are lots of things that give us pause these days.
    @tryingagain5 That workout is insane!!

• tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01

Happy Anniversary a little late! It doesn't matter if you did anything or not, just nice that you are together.

Yes, it is! I do it because it's challenging. Since I can't go to gym and get "beat up" by my trainer. I have to find other forms of "torture" for myself.🤣

I've done a few of the fitness on demand videos also. The ones I've tried have to be advanced even though they don't say so. I had to modify a lot of the exercises.
    Next time I might try one that actually says beginner on it to see if it's actually easier or not.😁
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Thanks!
    That was a tiring workout but it actually only took about 20 or 21 minutes going 1 time through.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quick. I feel ok but just tired. I want to try to get a little exercise or at least some steps in. Hope you are doing well.

@amsandos Nice loss. It is challenging to get into a new routine although temporary. It is good you are still staying in contact with people via all the apps that are out there. I hear people are still going out by me too. I don't understand it. Glad you checked in with us :)
    @Freeglerock I am glad that you made some goals and have something to work towards. This is going to be our new norm for a bit so we need to get into a good routine with everything, including our health.
    @tryingagain5 Very nice loss this week! Keep up the good work! I am going to share that workout with my daughter. She is always looking for something new to try. Thank you for sharing.
    @pacsnc6 I loved reading what you wrote to Theresa. You sound like you have a great attitude and that you are in very good hands. Hugs!
    @Cafelelia It sounds like with all your planning, you have fallen into a good routine. Glad you are feeling better today. That video is awesome! I am sure they are all beyond frustrated at this point.
    @ljdanny. I never thought of that but I guess the system would be very stressed right now with all the people applying for it. Good job getting your workouts in. And lets not give up on the lottery, you wouldn't be stuck at home if you won right ;) Lol!
    @nstephenson01 Happy Anniversary! I am sure just being together was a great anniversary gift this year. I am sure that weight is from the corned beef. I haven't had that in a while. I am glad your neighbor is back. The older people don't listen either lol!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @tryingagain5 that is a very intense workout! I’ve still been doing YouTube video workouts and I don’t think any of them are as tough as yours!! I try to keep my workouts low impact since I had hip replacement surgery, but I’m sure I could modify where necessary. Thanks for coming up with that routine!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    I hope your brother in law will stay home to protect your sister. You're right, just because he feels healthy doesn't mean he couldn't bring it home to her. I hope he doesn't.

I'm not thrilled with having to stay home and not go to work or to my social activities but I'm going to do it to protect others.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Yes, that was a tough workout. I'm not going to do it every day. I understand you wanting to keep low impact exercise because of the hip replacement.

I do some modifications with this workout. For example, I can't do 60 jumping jacks all at once, I've been able to do 30, then rest, then finish the other 30 and sometimes less and then keep going.

You're welcome but I didn't come up with it. I would credit the person who did but I found it online a long time ago and don't remember what website I found it on.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks! Not sure how I had such a nice loss this week but it was nice. I'm going to keep doing my best. It's going to look different since I'm now home all the time.

I hope your daughter enjoys the workout I shared.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Wednesday 3/25
    Food: over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute fitness on demand video, 15 minute low intensity bodyweight exercise, 40 minute walk

I was very unproductive today. The only things I accomplished were my workouts and a load of laundry.

I read my book for book club that is supposed to be April 7th but with Michigan on shelter in place that isn't going to happen but I'm reading it anyway.

I took a nap, watched the Facebook livestream video my Pastor did and spent a couple hours outside with my neighbors and their dogs. We practiced social distancing along with everyone else who was at the park. There is a soccer field, baseball fields and walking trail near the condo complex. It just takes us a couple of minutes to walk over.

Tomorrow I plan to be more productive.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of cleanse going well. Did not want to walk tonight. Came home from work and Molly said let’s go! So we did. Glad I went.
    @Cafelelia loved the Italians!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 3/25
    Food: logged and under
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: Nothing

Sorry, I just have been dragging the last few days. Hope everyone is doing well. :)

@lennoncpa How frustrating! I hope he starts to understand what a risk he is putting your sister at. I can see why you would be upset. Hugs!
    @tryingagain5 It sounded like you had a pretty productive day to me! Hope you are getting on a good sleep schedule too.
    @Mrsbell8well Glad you enjoyed your walk
This discussion has been closed.