• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    3/24 - 12,089 steps
    3/25 - 2,432
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Happy late anniversary! A great meal is a wonderful way to celebrate. Shows your love.

@lennoncpa I'm so sorry about your sister's situation. I hope your BIL will realize the danger he's creating for her.

Forgot to post weight yesterday

Username GingerPwr
    PW 144.5
    CW 144

Steps so far
    Sunday 10, 243
    Monday 4, 601
    Tuesday 7, 740
    Wednesday 8, 818
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/25 steps 9563
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in for Wednesday
    Food: 16:8 IF
    Water: Great
    Exercise: 20 minutes Bowflex intervals, 45 minute dog walk; 12,118 steps

Slowly building up to longer walks to see how my dog Gauge's leg holds up as I don't want him to re-injure himself. Looking forward to hiking again once the weather warms up but it still feels like winter here. Didn't sleep well and felt off all day yesterday. Planned a 14 hour fast but was exceptionally hungry so I kept busy. Managed to eek out a 16 hour fast... did well during the day but hubby made Doritos casserole and all best intentions fell apart. I can't be trusted around a bag of chips. Have to remind myself that IF is not an excuse to eat like an *kitten*. The scale admonished me this morning. Today is a good day to be better LOL

@cafelelia & @sleepymom5 my starting weight for April will be 170. Weigh in day - Thursday still.

Thanks @GingerPwr. Nice loss... I truly believe smaller losses are more maintainable in the long run.

Beautiful pictures @hope002. You have a lot of snow... most has melted here but ice is still a problem. I like your exercise plan... mine is similar strength training 2x/week, cardio 2x/week and walking every day, if possible. I put it on my calendar as an appt.

@pacsnc6 hugs and well wishes on your wellness journey
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,154 Member
    Options
    IDEA SEARCH!npinsr3yt5u7.png
    The four moderators have been running the full group challenges since the new year. We had the photo challenge this month with a different theme for each day of the week, last month we had the 29 questions of leaping groundhogs, and in January we had 20/20 vision to work on our goals.

I think the April challenge should come from team members. I'm asking all the teams to come up with some ideas. Or revive a previous challenge we had that you liked. What would be fun, useful, and get people from all the teams participating? In the past we have had all kinds of things: points-based games (minutes of exercise, sticking to plan, etc. earning baseball runs or just points), thoughtful questions, photo challenges, daily "pile up" (check this for example), goal setting, daily fitness from darebee or other easy to use sites, recipes, etc. etc.

Bring 'em on!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get on and write a little since I didn't really last night. I think I am trying to fight off something. I just haven't had the energy to do much. I don't even feel like writing in my journal which is strange. Today I am feeling good so far so I am going to take advantage of it and get outside for a walk. It is a beautiful, sunny day. Jim is still pretty sick but I am seeing an improvement the past two days. He is waking up a little more, he is on his phone a little and he said he put the TV on last night. I am hoping I can get some food into him later, he still hasn't been eating. He is doing really well with fluids though. I feel bad for him, yesterday was a week.

How is everyone coping? Is anyone struggling? Does anyone have any good ideas to share with the rest of us? This is such a strange time for all of us, it doesn't matter where we live. It hit me last night when Mary Kate and I brought the trash cans down. It was so quiet. I live on a main road and you can see that there is a slow down but there are still cars. Last night there was nothing.

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected. I will be checking in this evening with a good report on my day!! Have a good one my friends! :)

@hope002 Thanks for posting pics! It is so nice to see snow, we had such a mild winter. Sounds like you are in a pretty good routine with your weights. I think getting out for a walk every day is good even if you aren't getting your cardio in. Hope all is going well otherwise.
    @pacsnc6 I hope you can check in every so ofter or more if you need. Sending prayers and hugs.
    @nstephenson01 Although I really want to know what a Doritos casserole is, I think it is better if I don't know. Lol! I am sure it is something I would like! How about going for 16 hours fasting when you actually were hungry. That is awesome! Hope you were able to get a good nights sleep last night. I swear if you don't get a good nights sleep, your entire day is off. Hope you have a good day today!
    @Cafelelia Not the baseball challenge Lol! JK, I think our team liked it, it was just hard to keep up with. I love the idea to get the teams involved in the challenge for April. Remember at one point I had a loose idea for a challenge, for the life of me I can't remember what that was! Lol!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 thanks for your words of wisdom. I have been worried about you and Jim. Is he feeling better? I can understand your concern about going to the hospital right now. Both Molly and I still have to work. My attitude has changed so I am actually feeling more empowered and less fearful.
    @GingerPwr great job on your weight loss! I love seeing it. During my year of losing weight I would pick team members to try to get lower than them. You were on my target list. And now your actually thinner than me but I am quickly catching up.

As far as my cleanse...Thanks for the supportive words teammates and words of advice. I take it all into consideration. My cleanse is an act of self love for me. I need this time to feel at peace with food and concentrate on tender self care. I love the health benefits and now that I am so thin I have also become vain. I am back down to 146.2 this morning. I am surprised but not too surprised. Those recent pounds came on very quickly and I was just as determined to get rid of them just as quickly. I woke up feeling so much healthier and feeling so skinny. I look sooooo much better. I just do. My skin looks better from all the fluids the last few days. It would probably be more accurate to say how terrible I looked with those few extra pounds. My waistline expanded into fat rolls, my face was puffy, my belly was bloated and my intestines were a mess again. And we all know how easy it is to be defeated and keep on doing those bad habits. uh uh not me! My next goal is 145 by April 1st then a pound a week until April 23rd. Totally doable. So for me a cleanse is not punishment, its the best way I know of to increase my well being, build my immune system, get rid of salty junky bloat, take a spiritual break away from food to focus on peace and mindfulness and to remind myself how empowered I am to take my health into my own hands.
    for those of you that aren't familiar with my cleanses, I do them several times a year, especially around seasonal changes. Day 1-I do a lemonade fast, filtered water with lemon, raw honey and cayenne. Day 2-purple and green fluids, pomegranate juice, acai (my fav), green detox juice basically more clear juices, Day 3-orange fluids, carrot juice, mango juice, leftover juices from yesterday, and lots of herbal detox teas on all days. And plenty of filtered water. Day 4-fresh fruit Day 5-raw veg and salads with avocado etc Day 6-I add cooked vegetable (sweet potatoes) with the raw fruits and veg Day-7 grains Quinoa, brown rice etc. And that's it. My Day 8-I add nuts, hemp seeds and flax seeds then proceed to transition to my usual healthy menus. It's not really that hard and I look forward to each day. I created it and have been doing this cleanse for years and years.

Peace everyone! One day at a time!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I am not worried about the gain, I am trying to get back on a routine while I am stuck in the house. I am getting in so many less steps just sitting at my laptop all day.

@1theresamcvean thanks! So far my my household has been staying safe, but my hubby is still going to work every day.

@Cafelelia I am just trying to do the best I can under the circumstances!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thursday 3/26
    Food: on track
    Water 40 oz
    Exercise: 10 minute fitness on demand video and 20 minute fitness on demand video

I tried one of the fitness on demand videos that said it was a beginner low impact workout. It was a 10 minute workout. I ended up not liking it. Not exactly sure why. I also did a 20 minute high intensity fitness on demand video. I did like the 20 minute video even though it was really hard and I did have to modify a couple exercises.

As I was getting dressed after my workout my furnace started making a strange noise. I had the furnace guy come out and check it. But of course, when he was here it didn't make the noise. He checked everything but couldn't find anything. He even checked my water heater. A couple hours later the furnace made the noise again. By the time I got downstairs to record the sound it stopped. It's been fine since. So not sure what's going on with it. I'm just going to have to keep an eye on it.

The rest of my day was spent doing some cleaning, reading and calling people. The weather wasn't great today so I didn't get outside today.

I ended up not eating all day so I guess I fasted today without realizing it. I didn't plan on this but it's how my day went. I ate around 5 tonight and hadn't eaten since around 5 yesterday. The funny thing is I wasn't at all hungry.

I'm watching the local news now and they said Michigan now has over 2800 cases of coronavirus with 103 in West Michigan and there have been 60 deaths. Just a week ago there about 800 cases.

I know it's worse in a lot of other areas. I hope everyone is staying safe.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I think I had the same kind of day as you did yesterday. Did my workout and my laundry! But you definitely worked out more than I did. That’s awesome!

I also went for a walk with my son and his puppy Sunny. Occasionally we would see someone on the other side of the street walking their dog and we would say hello from across the street. If there is anything good about what’s going on right now - it’s that I’m getting to spend a lot of time with my son and his pup!!

I didn’t realize you are from Michigan too. What city or area do you live in? I’m in Macomb county.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I saw that musical composition those young people put together and felt the same as you did. It was very moving!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Since I'm not working I'm trying to keep myself busy. I figure that more exercise is good for me and keeps me busy.

I'm trying to look at the positive things as well. It's nice you get to spend time with your son and that adorable little dog.

Yes, I'm from Michigan too. West side of the state. Small town of Hudsonville.

Macomb County is near the Detroit area, isn't it? My youngest nephew, his wife and their 1 year old live in Garden City.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Thursday 3/26
    Food: logged and under
    Water 80 oz
    Exercise: Walk 45 min, PT, stretch and strength

Had a much more productive day today. Got a good walk in plus my PT session, eating was on track, got over my water and steps in. I also got a guest room spring cleaned, did some CEUs for my nursing license and did a module for my CPR class. Jim is still not feeling well. He seemed to be a little better this morning and then was back to his usual this evening. Hopefully that is a good sign. I missed that his doctor had called to check on him. I didn't see the call until this evening. Hoping to have another good day tomorrow. :) Hope everyone has a good night (or day depending where you are ;))

@Mrsbell8well I am glad you are feeling better about things :)
    @Cafelelia I could see why you are frustrated. That would have upset me too. I would have thought there would be better communication since they are depending on the parents to pick up with the schooling. Thanks for sharing that video. I got chills. So beautiful!
    @kirsten11872 It is tough being home. Hope you find something that works for you and your schedule. :)
    @tryingagain5 That always happens to me, something makes a strange noise or rattle and then when someone is there to fix it, it doesn't do make the noise again. Sounds like you got a good workout in. It is interesting how you weren't hungry and basically fasted for 24 hours. I wonder if you are use to not eating during the day because you are usually sleeping?
    @lennoncpa One good thing is to be spending more time with our families.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx That is an awesome pic! It is nice to be able to still laugh in these times!

This discussion has been closed.