March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo beautiful! This was my most recent
    bc4cukvbrkea.jpg
    3veg65bcu64q.jpg
    My most recent quilt, did it for my 3yr old who loves rainbows and purple.

Impressive work!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Beautiful quilting!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    But I do my own projects, too. Just finished this one... and am now moving on to some UFO's.
    yvkj50jc6e3b.jpg
    Here's a UFO pot holder that I did last week. Before and after, not sure which order they'll upload but should be obvious which is which.
    vvb6e34lape8.jpg
    t4y5ylhkk26o.jpg

WOW! The talent in this group is amazing!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @shanaber Thank you. I feel for you and your neighbor. I'm one of those folks who holds onto the old familiar things as long as possible. I love learning new things, so you would think that wouldn't be me, but it is. Especially when it comes to technology. I hope they don't shut down your trail. Looks like a great place to run!

Thanks @PastorVincent, @hamsterwheel6, @Tramboman, @rheddmobile and @kimlight2 .

@Avidkeo Thank you! Love your's too! I also love the little dinosaur laying in the floor.

@ContraryMaryMary Great job on your training run!

@eleanorhawkins Yay! Glad you got the treadmill workout done without incident. WTG!

@polskagirl01 Love your quilt and that you do UFO's. I knew they existed. :lol: You did a fantastic job finishing the pot holder. I would have probably looked at that and not known what to do with it. Glad you figured out the "blip in the matrix." Those types of events make my brain hurt.

@kimlight2 I hope your next run goes better.

@rheddmobile Would love to see your miniature quilts. Glad you found a great place to run.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2020
    3-1 7k moderate
    3-2 7k thresholdish + resistance bands
    3-3 7k moderate
    3-4 rest
    3-5 11k slow
    3-6 7k moderate
    3-7 7k easy
    3-8 7k threshold
    3-9 11k easy
    3-10 rest
    3-11 7k moderate
    3-12 7k moderate
    3-13 11k slow
    3-14 7k moderate
    3-15 8k slow
    3-16 7k easy
    3-17 rest
    3-18 7k slow
    3-19 7k moderate
    3-20 REST
    3-21 7k easy
    3-22 7k easy
    3-23 7k slow
    3-24 rest
    3-25 7k moderate
    3-26 7k moderate

March Total: 160k
    March Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k

2020 Total through February: 328k

Sunny and mid 40s F today. Shorts and tech shirt weather. Just the usual niggles.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:
    4-25 Shine the Light 5k, Twinsburg, OH Cancelled
    5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Well done all you quilters! I am loving all the quilt photos. I never learned to quilt but was always intrigued by my grandmother’s handiwork. I crochet and am working on baby blankets for my daughter currently (she’s due at the beginning of June). Like many crafters, I have several projects working at once. So many UFOs. Our Tuesday night social group is not meeting until the recommended group guidelines change.

Today’s agenda includes homeschooling kids, crocheting, and finding time for 2-3 mile easy run. Oh, and since I have my grandson today, cookies will be baked. That must happen.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @kimlight2 Those are beautiful! The first reminds me of a quilt made by my great-great-grandmother that is still in the family.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    I have always loved quilts. Growing up my grandmother made quilts for each of us. I still have mine and my mom's and my grandma's although my grandma's quilt that my great-grandmother made for her is quite old and the fabric is deteriorating. I have also purchased a few from a specific Amish quilter in PA who does all of her own designs. She has a daughter the same age as mine and they designed a quilt together. I think the girls were around 8 or 9 at the time and the quilt has bears and hearts in purples and pinks. It was supposed to be twin size when it started but by the time it was finished it was huge. @polskagirl01 I love your flowers, the colors just pop off that white background and the quilting itself is fantastic. How long did it take you? Also it is amazing that you can take UFOs and finish them like that!

@eleanorhawkins - great job getting that speed workout done! When you finally do get back outside for a run I think you will be amazed at how you feel.
    @janejellyroll - that is a great time for a virtual 5k! I have a difficult time pushing myself for a virtual race.

@bearly63 - love that list and it is a great idea to do each day!
    Also love your plants! I am into succulents and there are a couple of stores up the coast I am itching to get to that specialize in just succulents. I love the variations in colors and types and how they can surprise you with the prettiest flowers
    ys9lwtmq6gzj.jpeg
    5js4je9ral7s.jpeg
    bcpfk6pwyvfb.jpeg
    u7fsimln4ulm.jpeg
    36s1ucgaum0d.jpeg

No run for me today. We got up super early to try to get to Costco before the lines but even getting there 45 mins before opening the line was already around the building and this is just for the senior hour! I do have plans for my strength workout (on my to do list) and I have all of my weights out where I can't ignore them.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Loving all the quilts! We have some seriously talented individuals here!