Women 200lb+, Let's Keep It Moving This March!!!

Options

Replies

• changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @BrownSugar, You don't have far to go! I hope I can follow in your footsteps! Scary article you posted from NY Post, if ever there was a wake-up call for all of us its now!!
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    zp1c215xqtuh.jpeg
  • BrownSugar174
    Options
    @BrownSugar, You don't have far to go! I hope I can follow in your footsteps! Scary article you posted from NY Post, if ever there was a wake-up call for all of us its now!!

Between the article and learning that the virus can be suspended in the air (like an aerosol) for up to 30 minutes or longer😬!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-surfaces-aerosols.amp.html

Anything we can do to become healthier is critical🙏🏽

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @KeriA Does the university have an online career center program which would allow your student to search jobs, upload a resume and communicate with potential employers? GWU has an online career center program called HandShake which allows the students to apply for on campus jobs, internships and permanent jobs with what seems to be a thousand employers. Her major/minor is international affairs/political science. Between using HandShake and her networking she’s had internships in her field since her freshman year. She started this internship with a DC based political consulting firm in January. What is your child’s major?

My daughter is getting a degree in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She does use HandShake at her school. She has done some career fairs at her career center when she had time. Many of the male students have jobs lined up. Part of the issue is she doesn't want to work while in school. She has ADHD and needs to stay focused on classes. She is getting mostly A's. Many internships want you to work part-time while in school. However this summer she wants to start working since she only has capstone which can be work related. I am wondering how you get a job when people are only working at home? Political Science is a great field for her location!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    skierxjes wrote: »
    Sorry, I keep forgetting to update in this group :#
    2/28 - 320.2
    3/6 - 320.6
    3/13 - 318.4
    3/20 - 316.6
    3/27 - ? Hopefully down again

I was not :( 3/27 - 317.4 but the weather here in crappy SoDak is getting better and I dug my bike out of the shed and plan to get some riding in this week :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself I love lamb. I love the idea of meatballs ready to go in the freezer. I hope you boyfriends gets better soon.

@pamiede that is so frustrating to be so close to Onderland. Love your maps!

@torihudson6 You are making good progress and keeping safe is priority now

@speyerj Raising my hand ✋

@mmccloy12 I have been watching a lot of phit n phat videos and took her free course. Two seems like a good idea for me too. I seem only to get one big thing done each day lately. Yay an interview. I will be praying!

@BrownSugar I have gotten down my BMI some and that article is one reason why I am still working on this now. I had seen something about this but hadn’t seen an article and they don’t usually list obesity as an underlying condition. Thanks for posting the link.

I can’t believe I missed a day checking on here. And it is late today. Tomorrow my daughter goes back to classes. We took some time to straighten up Saturday and I feel like it will be easier to keep things clean. I feel like I am better organized for the week ahead. Let's have a good week!
  • vegasgirl0825
    vegasgirl0825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Monday Weigh-In
    SW(1/6/2020): 260.4
    3/1: 237.3
    3/9: 235.7
    3/16: 232.9
    3/23: 229.8
    3/30: 229.6 (-30.8)
    March Goal: 227.3

I'm bummed with today's weight...and I totally know it's normal for our weight to fluctuate but end of last week I was at 227.7 and thought I did well over the weekend. Oh well...new week of online teaching for me, almost a new month. Gotta keep going!
  • BrownSugar174
    Options
    @KeriA I know you are so very proud of her for staying focused and achieving this milestone🎓! Several of the employers are getting creative because they have to. They are initially communicating with candidates via email for applications and resumes. Once the candidate makes it through that stage the employer will interview the candidate via Skype/FaceTime. If the candidate is selected for the internship/job then they can do the on boarding process online for some of the positions. One of my daughters friends just did this for a summer internship.

George Washington University - Elliott School of International Affairs was her first choice for many reason..one of which was the location of the school. Her very first internship was at the Eleanor Roosevelt Papers Project as a first semester freshman. The internship was a requirement as part of her Introduction to Comparative Politics class. The professor developed relationships with 10 organizations. Each student had to submit a resume and be interviewed. She was selected and worked with the project doing research at the Library of Congress with a graduate student.

Is your daughter on LinkedIn? She can apply for jobs and internships there as well. I’m not sure how beneficial LinkedIn premium is. My daughter is on LinkedIn and makes sure she keeps it up to date but does not do the premium.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @mmdeveau - Of course you are disappointed. This was something you have dreamed about for so long and now events outside your control have deferred that dream - and that applies to both the cute gym guy and the race. I have similar disappointments that are really just first world problems in the grand scheme of things, but I am still disappointed. I am reminded by Sam's great soliloquy at the end of Casablanca "I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world", but still....

So go ahead and be angry, be sad - you've earned that right. Eventually you'll move on to acceptance but you get to do so at your own pace.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @mmdeveau We are all of us, in one way or another, going through the stages of grief right now. We've lost freedom, routines, schedules, plans, and in many ways just our normal way of life. You don't have to be having it as bad as the hospitalized people to still be struggling with all that. Misery isn't a competition.

It hurts. It's tragic. I had a similar feeling when my mom died: so much lost potential, so many happy things gone, and above all that, helplessness to make any of it better.

Be sad and angry. It's ok. But try to find healthy outlets for it if you can. Food will not make you feel better. Finding some things you can control and controlling the heck out of them might. When mom died I blazed a path of furious organization through her entire house.