Women 200lb+, Let's Keep It Moving This March!!!

1202122232426»

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @kayonaise2 - I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's illness. I'm so glad he's starting to turn a corner. So many people think that healthy people under 50 will just get mild cases. What people don't realize when they hear the the statistic that was coming out of China that 80% of the cases were mild is that the Chinese government defined mild as anyone who did not require a ventilator or oxygen. "Mild" symptoms included people with pneumonia and possibly permanent lung damage. (info from NYT: https://nytimes.com/2020/03/04/health/coronavirus-china-aylward.html)

And kudos to you for nursing him back to health. That had to be a huge, all consuming task. You are a hero.
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    @mmdeveau
    "@BrownSugar174 - How exciting for your daughter to be entering her field in an election year! I imagine there must be a lot of complications right now for many of the election campaigns. She's going to be be getting a lot of unique experience, very quickly!"

She is well prepared. Attending school at one of the most politically active universities in the nation since August 2016...she's be very active in her field (internships and working for campaigns....especially the 2016 election.) It's been an interesting ride thus far and we are so very proud of her passion.
  • kayonaise2
    kayonaise2 Posts: 15 Member
    @changeforeverlj yeah, it was pretty scary. He was at his worst just as headlines were coming out in the uk about people in their 30s dying suddenly. I had to stop reading the news for a few days...

Luckily, he was only in hospital for 4 hours while they did a load of tests (but not a Covid test, you only get that if you're admitted). He's actually managing to get up for a few hours a day now. Progress!

@speyerj Thanks for that article, it's really interesting! It's crazy how wide the range of experience is with this disease. I've been around him 24/7 since he got it and I have a very mild cough...

It's very sweet of you to call me a hero. It was definitely intense!