WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    I am listening to you all honest.. I will tell a little white lie to my children and tell them that my kidney dr told me to self isolate.. which means I have to stay on my own..except for the dogs..

:) My husband's doctor told him to stay home because of his heart and lung problems. You should stay home, too. Doctors everywhere are telling people with health conditions to self isolate.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    RVRita: You are cute as can be. Great photo! :star:

Machka: Working from home is the best option. I’m glad you’ll be able to stay home and away from virus carriers. :flowerforyou:

Tracy in Edmonton: My first thought for a Newfie is a very large dog from Canada with a sweet disposition. Remember Nana from Peter Pan? :wink:

Allie: Why lie? Even a little lie can cause harm to you and loved ones. You will eventually be caught and your loved ones will be disappointed with you. You are the head of your family. You do not want them to lose trust in you. :noway:

My husband has several long-term health issues and is staying at home. I run errands as needed and follow the guidelines our governor has set in place. The last I heard, our county has no cases. I hope that is still true.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    s1cucynwnpu4.jpeg
    h4311casz1zi.jpeg
    kj8hm4unteik.png
    Doctors told me y JR to self isolate over a month ago now (reached that month mark passing it by now). Grandmallie sure if you call ask they would say the same.

A Free at the moment app (can keep or delete after this nonsense https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapping-solution-meditations/id1419815487
    Has for kids even 5&under,6-11,preteens,y teens one to help them calm. The tapping not a thing that I’m into but listening 👂 to the guy/gal voice of the one I like with the media ration music as it tells a toddler the Silly old Coronavirus buggy is scary isn’t it? Well your safe your going to have sooo much fun today! Coloring,learning,y playing with your toys 🧸. JR liked that it said let’s wash our hands. When he said let’s play he ran off to play forgot he was having a meltdown cause he wanted Grandma 👵.

For those needing learning to fun coloring worksheets for the kids or ideas to make your own .I use it a lot since I have a printer 🖨.I take a screenshot on my cell phone 📲 left top button y right side button hit at same time.
    Worksheets learning
    https://www.google.com/search?q=free+printable+worksheets&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiYiviOgrvoAhUDKqwKHT6OBdAQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=375&bih=626&dpr=3

Coloring
    https://www.google.com/search?q=free+printable+coloring+pages&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ibsvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjHhIvpgrvoAhVHEawKHWBSDUgQ_AUoAXoECAkQAQ&biw=375&bih=626

Adult y Teen Coloring pages
    https://www.google.com/search?q=free+printable+adult+coloring+pages&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwid9PiGg7voAhUCca0KHX7VBLIQ_AUoAXoECA4QAQ&biw=375&bih=626&dpr=3

Sudoku
    https://www.google.com/search?q=free+printable+sudoku&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ibsvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi5orHug7voAhUBnawKHXA7A_gQ_AUoAXoECA4QAQ&biw=375&bih=626&dpr=3

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    MFP keeps crashing on my side.

Lol nurses fighting the families to protect 95yr old grannies sure is true! Hospitals here are fighting folks who are arguing with staff on why they can’t bring 40 relatives in to see the newborns 👶!

Amber Tx

Groceries arriving by mail one by one so I’m set up for awhile again. Rest is on backorder of course but anything that made its way through will help.Rest will be here 2nd week of April maybe it says.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited March 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: stroll with Tracie, progress on county congregation contacts, baked Help Me Hannah! bran muffins
    Bonus: Walk with Joe and the dogs to the pavement
    Get to do: invest 10 mins cleaning Bedrooms carry over clean Dining Rm, bank, post office, recycling, call Daddy Derk, finish Aunt Elsie’s stove and test light oven, finish county congregation contacts, make tacos, bake cookies for Joe, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.
    Coping Calendar Day 8: Sit still and breathe for 5 minutes:
    After walking Tumble to the mailbox and before sitting down to “linner” will get down on the mat, put legs up the wall and b r r e a t h t h t h e.

@Maritill what Lisa said. No need to read every word, especially my Funk'n'Wagnalls posts. Would say "Scout's honor" but I was a Campfire Girl. Keep safe!

Two lovely walks and first AF day in awhile, slept well, no nightmares. Go figure!

Guess I’m more discombobulated than I thought. Yesterday, almost left the bananas out of the muffins and DID forget the brown sugar entirely. Still edible. A “You don’t need as much sugar as you think” learning experience.

Margaret
    prayers for your DH, your son and you. Referred to your mask in NextDoor, would it be ok if I shared FB link?
    SuziQ Reina Ozby’s rendition of our national anthem gave me chills. Thank you! “Stupid is as stupid does.” Or in the words of Niven and Pournell “Think of it as evolution in action.” Too chilly here for Puerto Backyarda, ;) might fire up the woodstove today. Grateful for it and for living in the woods above the sea.
    Penny whew! What a “nick o’time” story!
    Heather and Lisa “…and I never say I told you so” Wise women!
    Heather stunning pic of south downs view. Always amazed at this much open/greenspace in Britain. Is it a national park? :heart: Barbie’s 9 things, thank you for reposting. Keeping on my desktop and adding other positive actions (Act like I want to feel) as I remember or come across them. Inner peace symptoms, pleasantly surprised to note actually feeling #s 5 and 10. Do you know if the Whats App video allows for more than two to connect? Is it for phones only?

This for you and anyone else who has to groom their DH: Lisa thanks for the how to bring food into the house safely video. Timely for today’s foray. ((hugs)) for you and your sister’s situation. Hope you soon regain your strength enough to check in on her for periodic quick before “I have to potty” chats. :} What you said about “no pressure to read every post”. Thank you!
    KJ such heart warming news about your families and even your banker. :heart:
    Machka My “commute” time to various classes and meetings has been reduced to zero, but have I channeled that time into sorting/decluttering/cleaning? :nono: Where did it go? :shrug:
    Allie Plan B,Yes! Hope that by the time you’re feeling better, plan B has become THE plan ;) Told your family they were on their own, Bravissima! Surprised your Dr. has not told you to self-Isolate. Call him/her today and confirm that you most absolutely should stay home and away from everyone.
    Annie shocked at your town’s police roadblock. Virus must be spreading fast in DE. Here in Oregon, failure to comply with lawful orders of a police officer is a Class C misdemeanor with finds up to $1250 and / or up to 30 days in jail. The state police have published that citation or arrest would only be an “extreme last resort” for people who fail to obey, their objective is to educate not overwhelm our already stressed jails. Access to public beaches and state parks here cut off by cones. If/when the virus shows up in Del Norte county (immediately to our south), I expect to hear of a movement to close the border with California.
    LuciB Prayers said and saying. Having gone through clots once cannot imagine how terrifying it must have been to have him go through PE it 5 times. (((hugs))) held so long that you just have to breathe out. Your body will breathe in for you. (((hugs))) Now that is a perfect pinup pic! :love:
    Cheri praying for relief, quick and complete recovery. Hope the new perspective includes how strong, bright, resilient you are.
    Amber VERY grateful for the funnies, especially the “not today…” :lol: Was wondering if you or Rita felt the quakes. That is a creepy look in Dr. Phil’s face :sick: The TP song :laugh: The Chris Mann Adele parody, what an amazing voice and acting ability he has. Know it was supposed to be funny, but it moved me to pity.
    Beth sure hope the IRS adopts a graceful approach to your tax bill. Your helping your co-parishioners to order online made me smile. You have the gift!
    Rita ditto on the canned bread. At our last fellowship :cry: someone brought home made brown Irish soda bread with raisins. Just about as yummy. Your warm and beautiful soul shines out so strongly through your eyes, I feel hugged. Lucky baby Yoda.
    Karen in VA any telemedicine or healthcare concern would be blessed to have you. Another virus question:
    Read the virus cannot survive 80+F heat, but is not the internal temp of our bodies higher? Is that 80+ limit on external surfaces? Interesting how the virus remains active for different terms on different surfaces, plastic, metal, cardboard, fabric etc.)
    :love: Molly! :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Kylia thanks for the Aubrey update, prayers continue and for the hematology appointment too. Beautiful dog, what flavor/name? 5 lbs, well done!
    Ginny :love: the image of a cardinal in the lilac bush near the greening grass. You paint quite a colorful picture.
    Michele “constantly have to ask Vince “how big is…” made me snort my tea, but that’s just my dirty mind. ;) Relieved you got your new crown.
    Machka so glad your public transportation commute is over this weekend. Buses are dangerous scary places to be nowadays.
    Tracey what’s a “trilogy”? Love your “Newfies” definition, here’s what came to my mind: Also :love: the fiercely protective mama bear meme but especially your GS dressing from bowtie to long pants, but leaving feet bare.
    Carol if Joe had brought home a bag of M&M peanuts, the bag would have been empty after I delved in.
    Lanette Joe wants to know where he can get those copper drums?
    Penny gorgeous giant ice marbles!

Karen in VA :heart::love::heart: your post especially for NYKaren. The selection brought me to tears while I’m jumping up and down yelling Yes, yes YES That is what I was looking for. Wouldn’t work for choir due time delays but would work for council meetings and line dancing (if the sound could be limited to host, and other dancers muted.) Time to really check out Zoom and FreeConferenceCall.

People “not being there yet” about the virus. On the third hand…
    I truly believe this pandemic is real and will change the world forever, in ways we cannot foresee. I confess to (somewhat playfully) responding to someone’s comment about this fall’s elections with “Oh, you think we will have elections?” Guest it was my attempt at gallows humor.)

After reading all today, I’ve decided that my foray into town to do recycling, check PO Box, mail a letter and pick up a bag of citrus… all fell under the “want not need” category, so I’m not going. Will wait 'til the needs get more strident, and hope the virus is still holding back from our county by then.

Grateful to and for you all.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: better than February.
    daily: steps=6959  vits=24 log=26 CI<CO=17 CI<250<CO=10 Tumble & Shadow 5=10 mfp=26 clean 10 mins=20 outside=10 up hill=10
    wkly: BB&B x3=9, rx=3 dance=4 pack walk=2
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= review 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=14 play=3 sew=0
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    Heather: I love the seagulls. Still laughing and wishing a friendly seagull would offer me a trade like that. I’d personally make the chips/fries in order to trade for TP. :bigsmile:

Barbara We still live in the land of no TP. Luckily we’re okay at home for now. DH needed alcohol swipes to disinfect his insulin injection sites. There were none of his usual brand, but I found a good alternative so I’m happy and patting myself on the back. I also bought treaties for the dog that help him clean his teeth. This benefits everyone in the area of the panting dog. (DH & me)

While I was out shopping I parked next to a woman wearing a mask. I asked about it. She’s a hospital nurse and the masks are necessary to prevent the spread of germs from patient to patient. I think of her as a soldier for health and thanked her for her service. Our governor asked us all to use masks in public but there aren't any available to ordinary people in my area. :heart:

Katla OR
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    For those trimming your pets nails for the first time due to not going to the vet. 1/3rd way the parts 1/2 way up is bone! I used to work at a animal shelter at 13yrs old up had to groom. No ones seeing your pet right now so don’t have to do it perfectly best to not to far down if new at it so you don’t cut them with the shavers.

Amber Tx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited March 2020
    My dinner tonight was exceptional. :D I know it sounds trivial, but good food is so good for health and mental well being. It makes me very happy to still be cooking delicious food.
    I am reading Sintopia - How Food Can Save The World.
    It's a book I could and should have written myself. I nearly wrote it in the 70s and had someone interested in it, but I was at the stage in my writing career when I thought fiction was more important than non. I still have the summary. It's a bit of a bitter sweet read for that reason, but I'm enjoying it so much it keeps me happy during my sleepless nights.
    FYI I cooked pork ribs, red cabbage and sweet potato. Heavenly. Don't ask me for the recipe, I just winged it. :D

Going to watch a French film tonight. Not a brilliant one, but we want to keep our French ticking over. Our French Circle has sent links to some fun French sites, really meant for kids, but it's good just to get your ear in.
    I also listen to a lot of Spanish videos about minimalism and decluttering. :p Spanish people talk too quickly. Grrrr!
    I'm still doing my Norwegian on Duolingo, plus Spanish, but my Spanish is a bit too fluent to be of much use. But it keeps me ticking over. Just good to hear it and I always learn something. My passive knowledge of Norwegian is improving, but I still couldn't hold a conversation.

Our dancing and our singing class has sent videos to follow, but we haven't had time yet!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2020
    Apple's new Covid screening tool:

https://www.apple.com/covid19

Our elders and friends might benefit from answering the questions.

---
    And this. Might be way too early for us to get our hopes up, but it's heartening to see companies working on the antibody tests.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/new-territory-as-companies-roll-out-covid-19-test-kits-for-workplaces-1.4869968

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,819 Member
    Thank you all for the warm comments! Makes me feel accepted and loved!

RV Rita
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Their saying here they keep seeing taste y smell gone in many virus patients what an odd symptom

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Homer went home. So it's me, Alfie and Tal ,my son in law will be here in about an hour .Waiting for a call back from Drs office .spoke with the nurse.. the Kidney Dr closed until.monday... but nurse will give note to Dr.. but she said just sort of stay away of stores and not go out really until I hear back.