Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Supersize Me 2 - the movie.

just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,425Member Member Posts: 8,425Member Member
Its should be a must watch for all those buying into labels, and big companies product info.
This is not what you think.
This was nothing new to me but I fully enjoyed the watch. I thought it was very well made, and informative. Will it change anything, highly unlikely.

Have you seen it? Thoughts?

Replies

• kimny72kimny72 Posts: 14,878Member Member Posts: 14,878Member Member
    I did not know this was a thing. Will add it to the list :smile:
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 4,850Member Member Posts: 4,850Member Member
    The Supersizers sequel I recommend is the British TV program Supersizers Go/Supersizers Eat (although I continue to think those are stupid names for the show).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Supersizers...
  • CupcakeCrusoeCupcakeCrusoe Posts: 692Member Member Posts: 692Member Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    The Supersizers sequel I recommend is the British TV program Supersizers Go/Supersizers Eat (although I continue to think those are stupid names for the show).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Supersizers...

AGREE I love this show so much. I think they're available on youtube, a lot of them.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 4,850Member Member Posts: 4,850Member Member
    Yes, they are.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,425Member Member Posts: 8,425Member Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    If we don't show the appropriate level of enthusiasm for a Morgan Spurlock documentary, will you be asking for this thread to be pulled down?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm what?
  • caseycasey79caseycasey79 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I will go and see it Supersize was a good movie
  • angelexperimentangelexperiment Posts: 1,747Member Member Posts: 1,747Member Member
    Have not but I would be interested to see it.
  • OnedaywriterOnedaywriter Posts: 79Member Member Posts: 79Member Member
    I watched it and enjoyed it!!
    Learned a lot about little things. For instance they showed a legitimately labeled “free range” chicken that never went outside!
  • atjaysatjays Posts: 802Member Member Posts: 802Member Member
    A lot of things were eye opening about it. I had no idea all these labels applied to food were largely bogus, had no standards of which to be based on and at best had gaping loop holes such as the "free range" one. Admittedly I've been a sheeple and THOUGHT that buying free range products meant those animals lived a better life.... but I was so dead wrong. The difference between "cage free, free range, organic...." is basically nothing. Just more reasons to jack up the prices.
    atjays wrote: »
    A lot of things were eye opening about it. I had no idea all these labels applied to food were largely bogus, had no standards of which to be based on and at best had gaping loop holes such as the "free range" one. Admittedly I've been a sheeple and THOUGHT that buying free range products meant those animals lived a better life.... but I was so dead wrong. The difference between "cage free, free range, organic...." is basically nothing. Just more reasons to jack up the prices.

:)
  • lkpduckylkpducky Posts: 10,572Member Member Posts: 10,572Member Member
    You just like the film because "Holy Chicken!" doesn't use air fryers. B)
    lkpducky wrote: »
    You just like the film because "Holy Chicken!" doesn't use air fryers. B)

At least they are not pretending to fry anything. They are actually frying and not baking with a fan.