Coronavirus prep

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    It had been really confusing for me in stores. I have just been wearing my mask in all stores because I keep seeing signs that say "please wear mask" or "mask required" (today in bed bath beyond) and then some others saying "masks optional for vaccinatedd" etc. So many conflicting things in the same area!

Virtually every business I go to in my community is going with the general mask not required guidance.

And I don't live in a Red stare.

What is a red state? I'm not American.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,981 Member
    A Republican state.

Like saying in Australia we live in a Liberal or Labour area.
  • mockchoc
    Hmm.. odd. I don't think we have areas like that here. You just vote for who you prefer. Oh and my no pain vaccine shot was not so perfect. About 5 hours later is got more sore and even worse later but I don't take pain killers and all gone today. Good since we are flying south soon so happy we have one jab at least.
  • mockchoc
    Well, yes we do we have areas that are Liberal or Labour strongholds.

What we don't have is politicised Covid - both government and opposition have been basically on same page with covid info.

I just didn't ever really noticed people in certain areas voting for one or another but guess you are right. I think people in more poorer areas vote labour here perhaps?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Here in Massachusetts our state mask mandate was lifted yesterday for vaccinated people, but individual stores can still require them. My family was at the supermarkets Market Basket and Stop & Shop, and at the craft store Michael's, and none of these stores required masks. (Apparently Michael's allows dogs - my brother really enjoyed seeing a 200 pound English mastiff there.)

@SModa61: sorry about your family member :(

Have you noticed any stores still requiring masks?
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Here in Massachusetts our state mask mandate was lifted yesterday for vaccinated people, but individual stores can still require them. My family was at the supermarkets Market Basket and Stop & Shop, and at the craft store Michael's, and none of these stores required masks. (Apparently Michael's allows dogs - my brother really enjoyed seeing a 200 pound English mastiff there.)

@SModa61: sorry about your family member :(

Have you noticed any stores still requiring masks?

@kshama2001 I'll be better able to report on Massachusetts mask wearing tomorrow when I am back in the state. Left friday for Maine just before the change in Mass policy. Here in Maine, the policy change was on the 24th so they already have a week under their belt. I have not gone in any businesses while here but our condo building policy reflects that of the state of Maine and the CDC, and I just got in from a 6 mile walk passing through a few retail areas. I saw very few masks, but everyone I am commenting on was entirely outside and on the sidewalk. It did strike me that of those wearing masks, it seemed to be limited to certain ethnicities but that observation is based on the last 10 minutes of my walk. I very limited time set.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2021
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    It had been really confusing for me in stores. I have just been wearing my mask in all stores because I keep seeing signs that say "please wear mask" or "mask required" (today in bed bath beyond) and then some others saying "masks optional for vaccinatedd" etc. So many conflicting things in the same area!

Virtually every business I go to in my community is going with the general mask not required guidance.

And I don't live in a Red stare.

Don't you live in a reddish area of a blue state, though? Or at least purplish?

But IL is being more laid back than many -- even here in Chicago there are some places that have masks optional if vaccinated although many are still masks required (more common in non big chains and Loop office buildings) and where I live most in masks optional if vaccinated places will have masks on, even in areas where most are vaccinated. My parish church (Catholic) is still requiring them for all as well, which I think is good in that people are inside for an extended period of time (the distancing requirement has been loosened some).

I didn't go to the green market this weekend, but masks were required when I last went, and even in my mostly outdoors garden store they are.

And for the record I neither judge nor (of course) comment, and I wear masks indoors just bc I'm used to them being required and don't want to be judged. My office is now "no mask needed if vaccinated," however, so I wear one into and out of the building/elevator and not in the office itself (I never needed one in my personal office).
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Yeah, they say that here too.