Coronavirus prep

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I will quietly go back to reading the posts in my arm chair and keep my thoughts and experiences to myself. I have been respectful in my BIAS opinion and you have been mostly respectful.

In the end, I hope all of us have made the best decisions for ourselves. I guess time will tell.

Stay healthy and happy.

✌️
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I will quietly go back to reading the posts in my arm chair and keep my thoughts and experiences to myself. I have been respectful in my BIAS opinion and you have been mostly respectful.

In the end, I hope all of us have made the best decisions for ourselves. I guess time will tell.

Stay healthy and happy.

I think that's probably a good idea. The overwhelming majority of people posting will disagree with you...and as far as the moderation of this thread it has been heavily weighted toward doing-the-right-and-recommended-thing.

There have been hundreds - maybe thousands - of actual scientific reviews of the data from hundreds of millions of vaccinated people - a big chunk of whom would have likely died without the vaccination.

There have been no huge surprises with the current most-used vaccines other than just how well they do work to keep people out of the hospital (the mRNA ones.)

You rock 💯
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    cant speak for the NHS - but there in Australia Vitamin D is a regular request in standard base line bloods and any patient could request it if Dr did not add already.

Rest of your post didnt seem connected to Covid or to whether Vitamin D levels have any link to Covid immunity.

I'd bet the US varies in standard-ness, and a surprising (to me) number of people here don't seem to ask for specific blood tests or (among those I've discussed it with) necessarily had it occur to them that they could. My doctor's always added whatever I asked for, though I don't think I've asked for anything radical. (Have asked for D, B12, repeats of liver function . . . . don't remember what-all.)

Where I am, D was an add-on, not basic.

Same here. My doctor suggested taking it in the winter as a precaution since it couldn't hurt. I mostly do. I'm in the sun a reasonable amount in the summer so don't bother then. Might get it checked next blood test.