MARCH '20 GLUTES AND LEGS CHALLENGE (4 WEEKS)

13»

Replies

• denisaarsene
    denisaarsene Posts: 41 Member
    March, 4th: second day (this first week I use the same equipment)
    -bouncing squat to a curtsy holding a 3kg
    -weightkickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 1kg weight (I had to improvise here 😁 tying my dumbbells)
    -side-side crab walks/clam shells with minimum resistance band
    -standing side leg raise with 1kg
    -deadlift holding 2x3kg dumbbellsRomanian
    - Bulgarian split squat holding 3 kg dumbells
    - bridges with 5kg weighted bag (or so - I just filled something with sand 😁)

I felt even better today - I don't know if the 4 tonnes of coffee had something to do with this. I had more equilibrium in my body. I still have to buy some equipment- I hope this Sunday to go and finish my job🤣😁.

Have a good day everyone!

10 March - 3rd day 1st week finished. Same materials

12 & 13th of March - same materials. Tomorrow I will try to push a little harder.
  • denisaarsene
    dewit wrote: »
    Day 1: I did 2 out of your 3 sets and then 7 minutes for Abs from Strong by Zumba + 5 min Planks. Didn't have weights (the 750ml water bottles were a joke), so I increased the reps and added some exercises.

Day 2: Found my sand weights - delighted!, time to move to the next level. However, I chose Le Sweat, 30 mins HIIT. As I had told you I bike to work and want to run at least once a week, so I need to work my upper body too... Also, working out first ging in the morning is a challenge by itself. Need to make it a little fun 😁.

Day 3 (Sat night, old style schedule 😔): did this Barre workout (see day 5, I liked that one more): Tina, you sure feel your booty and thighs with that one and there's not much jumping, so you might like it 😉

Day 4: Mo, 9.3., as agreed 😉 with Tina. Tried Tina's suggestion "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout". Frankly, it was not so intense. My sand weights for arms are about 1kg each, so for most exercises I held on my ankle sand weights, too. I NEED dumbels, have I already mentioned that? 😁

Day 5: for some reason, the alarm went off at 6. On non workout days, I wake up at 6:45. So I used the extra minutes on this: Ended it all with a 4min planks combo. Cause, yeah, another challenge I'm in 😉.
    When I'll have time, I'll try her 45min workout.

Next time I need 1h, to try out Tina's
    FULL BODY HIIT Workout // Strength + Cardio
    But this might not happen on Wednesday, usually I need about 15min to get into gear after waking up. I guess browsing the MFP posts pre-workout is not the best strategy ☺️.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Day 6: this was killing!
    https://www.popsugar.co.uk/fitness/Advanced-Full-Body-HIIT-Workout-44952188

Nice workout!
  • denisaarsene
    Day 1: I did 2 out of your 3 sets and then 7 minutes for Abs from Strong by Zumba + 5 min Planks. Didn't have weights (the 750ml water bottles were a joke), so I increased the reps and added some exercises.

Day 2: Found my sand weights - delighted!, time to move to the next level. However, I chose Le Sweat, 30 mins HIIT. As I had told you I bike to work and want to run at least once a week, so I need to work my upper body too... Also, working out first ging in the morning is a challenge by itself. Need to make it a little fun 😁.

Day 3 (Sat night, old style schedule 😔): did this Barre workout (see day 5, I liked that one more): Tina, you sure feel your booty and thighs with that one and there's not much jumping, so you might like it 😉

Day 4: Mo, 9.3., as agreed 😉 with Tina. Tried Tina's suggestion "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout". Frankly, it was not so intense. My sand weights for arms are about 1kg each, so for most exercises I held on my ankle sand weights, too. I NEED dumbels, have I already mentioned that? 😁

Day 5: for some reason, the alarm went off at 6. On non workout days, I wake up at 6:45. So I used the extra minutes on this: Ended it all with a 4min planks combo. Cause, yeah, another challenge I'm in 😉.

Day 6: this was killing!

Day 7: Tina's suggestion, warmup and Set 1. I dont have a rubber band, so tried this for inner thighs 😍:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgABTW7OSXQ
    I like her so much better than the omG Justiz, with her 5m blah blah intro.

I ordered adjustable dumb bells, should get them over the weekend. I am so excited. Now I just have to find a suitable strength routine. 🤔

Nice one!
  • denisaarsene
    -weightkickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 1kg weight (I had to improvise here 😁 tying my dumbbells)

I felt even better today - I don't know if the 4 tonnes of coffee had something to do with this. I had more equilibrium in my body. I still have to buy some equipment- I hope this Sunday to go and finish my job🤣😁.

12 & 13th of March - same materials. Tomorrow I will try to push a little harder.

15&16 th of March - bouncing squat to a curtsy holding a 5 kg
    -weightkickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 1,5 kg weight
    -side-side crab walks/clam shells with medium resistance band
    -standing side leg raise with 1,5 kg

2 weeks finished. I've begun the 3rd week.
  • TinaZ2018
    TinaZ2018 Posts: 314 Member
    TinaZ2018 wrote: »
    Not sure why you videos appear under a Spoiler button.

Because I choose to put them like this. Html basic knowledge. A tad geeky.

I dont like it when the threads have one message filling up the whole page, with Day 1 to Day 30 listed ln each row for 1 Person. I post this way in the planks challenge for the same reason. You're just one click away from seeing them, hope that's not a hurdle...

No problem.. as long as the link works. :-)
  • TinaZ2018
    edited March 2020
    I like her so much better than the omG Justiz, with her 5m blah blah intro.

I ordered adjustable dumb bells, should get them over the weekend. I am so excited. Now I just have to find a suitable strength routine. 🤔

I've done that one. I really have zero chemistry with that girl... :-D

You can always skip the 'bla bla' intro of her workout. I put them here only for the beginners, for those who don't know the moves (I do the workout without the videos).

I'm glad you've bought adjustable dumb bells yay! :-) Enjoy them!

By the way I've tried the barre workout but I didn't like it at all.. :-( I had to focus all damn time to keep balance, that I was not able to make the mind-muscle connection and actually focus on working that muscle group. Also, it was way too easy (except for 5 minutes toward the end). I barely broke a sweat. Also, the second day I've had all kind of joint pain so... never again. It's not my thing, sorry. :-)
  • TinaZ2018
    Days 6-7 done (16-17 of March)

Week 3:
    bouncing squat to a curtsy holding a 3kg weight
    kickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 2kg ankle weight
    side-side crab walks/clam shells with medium (16-18kg) resistance band
    standing side leg raise with medium (16-18kg) resistance band
    single leg deadlift holding 2x3kg dumbbells
    Romanian deadlift with 12kg kettlebell
    single Bulgarian split squat holding 4kg dumbell
    weighted bridges with 5kg weighted bag

Still breaking a sweat. I feel the Bulgarian split squat and squat to curtsy to be working the best (I feel the muscle burrrning). Although I should mention that this is only a 45' portion of my 70-100' workout.

Take care, everyone! Stay safe and healthy.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited March 2020

Day 1, 3/2: I did 2 out of your 3 sets and then 7 minutes for Abs from Strong by Zumba + 5 min Planks. Didn't have weights (the 750ml water bottles were a joke), so I increased the reps and added some exercises.

Day 2, 3/4: Found my sand weights - delighted!, time to move to the next level. However, I chose Le Sweat, 30 mins HIIT. As I had told you I bike to work and want to run at least once a week, so I need to work my upper body too... Also, working out first ging in the morning is a challenge by itself. Need to make it a little fun 😁.

Day 3, 3/6 (Sat night, old style schedule 😔): did this Barre workout (see day 5, I liked that one more):
    Day 4, 3/9, as agreed 😉 with Tina. Tried Tina's "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout". Frankly, it was not so intense. My sand weights for arms are about 1kg each, so for most exercises I held on my ankle sand weights, too. I NEED dumbels, have I already mentioned that? 😁

Day 5, 3/10: for some reason, the alarm went off at 6. On non workout days, I wake up at 6:45. So I used the extra minutes on this: Ended it all with a 4min planks combo. Cause, yeah, another challenge I'm in 😉.

Day 6,3/11: this was killing!

Day 7,3/12: Tina's warmup and Set 1. I dont have a rubber band, so instead of Set 2 I tried this for inner thighs 😍:

So... where do I start? My dumbells had arrived last weekend and I decided for this:
    https://coconutsandkettlebells.com/german-body-comp/
    I have also decided to go for a 7day plan with GBC above:
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/conditioning-workout-for-women.html

In spite of being a little impatient, I was sensible on Saturday and did not start weight lifting, considering that I went on a bike trip with my son after cooking all morning. I did start on Sunday afternoon, though :wink:

Day 8, 3/15: weight lifting, Day 1 of GBC (@Tina: do these days count or just the cardio days?)

Day 9, 3/16, cardio in the morning, as agreed with Tina. I did this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shjOhAMEhfA

Day 10, 3/17: weight lifting, Day 2 of GBC

Day 11, 3/18: since, well, I have dumbbells (yeay!), I had to try something new:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZy5NZB9uY
    Also, I went for a run :wink:. Short and quick, about 9.6 kmh

Day 12: 3/19: weight lifting, back to Day 1 of GBC. My legs hurt (yes, I know, muscle building :smile: )

Today I also ran, short and quick, after a nice walk with my boys (including the grown up one :wink:).

I hope to be able to do some cardio tomorrow. Today was somehow a rest day :laugh:. Ideally, 45-60 min. Dunno how to fit that in, though... I don't like eye witnesses :wink:

How's everyone else doing?
  • dewit
    Tina, sorry if you wasted your time on barre. I told you that you overestimate me! I was happy with the 2 videos above, they made me sweat and keep an eye on the digital watch that they display with the videos :wink:. Unfortunatelly, I don't have time for 1h workouts - I have to squeeze mine in, when the kids are sleeping or busy with someone else. Or else, they would at least come and start talking to me :laugh:.
  • TinaZ2018
    Tina, sorry if you wasted your time on barre. I told you that you overestimate me! I was happy with the 2 videos above, they made me sweat and keep an eye on the digital watch that they display with the videos :wink:. Unfortunatelly, I don't have time for 1h workouts - I have to squeeze mine in, when the kids are sleeping or busy with someone else. Or else, they would at least come and start talking to me :laugh:.

No problem. It might have to do with my sensible joints. :smile:
    I don't know what you mean by 'Do these days count or just the cardio days?'. For this challenge it counts only when you do it... 3 times a week, so 12 times in March. In your case (because you work a lot on legs and glutes and you do it partially), it counts on your strength training days. If you feel it's too easy, you don't have enough weight.

By the way, my husband keeps saying that my booty got rounder. I've measured myself and checked myself in the mirror. I've lost some centimeters and it got rounder! Looking good. :-) I'm a bit worried because I'm under self-quarantine and out of 6 resistance bands I've got to the hardest one. I hope this won't become too easy before the Corona virus vanishes...

I understand what you mean. It's more challenging for you but in the end, you should do what you can and for how long you can. What matters is that you are active.
  • TinaZ2018
    Week 4:
    bouncing squat to a curtsy holding a 6kg weight
    kickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 2kg ankle weight
    side-side crab walks/clam shells with hard (20kg) resistance band
    standing side leg raise with hard (20kg) resistance band
    single leg deadlift holding 2x3kg dumbbells
    Romanian deadlift with 12kg kettlebell
    single Bulgarian split squat holding 6kg dumbell
    weighted bridges with 5kg weighted bag

I certainly see changes in my booty. Looks better, it's smaller (2cm) and rounder. :-)
  • denisaarsene

22 and 23 of March: same weights as previous time. 3rd week finished.
  • dewit
    edited March 2020

Week 1:

Day 1, 3/2: I did 2 out of your 3 sets and then 7 minutes for Abs from Strong by Zumba + 5 min Planks. Didn't have weights (the 750ml water bottles were a joke), so I increased the reps and added some exercises.

Day 2, 3/4: Found my sand weights - delighted!, time to move to the next level. However, I chose Le Sweat, 30 mins HIIT. As I had told you I bike to work and want to run at least once a week, so I need to work my upper body too... Also, working out first ging in the morning is a challenge by itself. Need to make it a little fun 😁.

Day 3, 3/6 (Sat night, old style schedule 😔): did this Barre workout (see day 5, I liked that one more):
    Week 2:

Day 4, 3/9, as agreed 😉 with Tina. Tried Tina's "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout". Frankly, it was not so intense. My sand weights for arms are about 1kg each, so for most exercises I held on my ankle sand weights, too. I NEED dumbels, have I already mentioned that? 😁

Day 5, 3/10: for some reason, the alarm went off at 6. On non workout days, I wake up at 6:45. So I used the extra minutes on this: Ended it all with a 4min planks combo. Cause, yeah, another challenge I'm in 😉.

Day 7,3/12: Tina's warmup and Set 1. I dont have a rubber band, so instead of Set 2 I tried this for inner thighs 😍:

I decided for this:

Day 8, 3/15: weight lifting, Day 1 of GBC (@Tina: do these days count or just the cardio days?)

Week 3:

Day 11, 3/18: since, well, I have dumbbells (yeay!), I had to try something new:

Day 12, 3/19: weight lifting, back to Day 1 of GBC. My legs hurt (yes, I know, muscle building :smile: )

Today I also ran, short and quick, after a nice walk with my boys (including the grown up one :wink:).

Day 13, 3/21: Janette Jenkins, 30 min. Did not have time for more, unfortunatelly :-\ Yes, I have dumbbells :smile: Just had a bit of a problem adjusting the weights...

Day 14, 3/22: Day 2 of GBC

Week 4:

Day 15, 3/23: Tabata workout! (new to me)
    Tomorrow it's Day 1 of GBC. I also feel like going for a run, dunno if the cold should put me off...
  • TinaZ2018
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • denisaarsene

24March:
    - bouncing squat to a curtsy holding 6 kg
    -weightkickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 2 kg weight
    -standing side leg raise with 2 kg
    - bridges with 5kg weighted bag

I really feel improvements in my body.
  • TinaZ2018

24March:

I'm SO proud of you! I'm sure you have progressed a lot. You've been very consistent. too bad you don't have before/after photos. That's the best way to see how far you've came. Keep up the good work!
  • dewit
    edited March 2020

Week 1:

Week 2:

I decided for this:

Week 3:

Day 12, 3/19: weight lifting, back to Day 1 of GBC. My legs hurt (yes, I know, muscle building :smile: )

Day 13, 3/21: Janette Jenkins, 30 min. Did not have time for more, unfortunatelly :-\ Yes, I have dumbbells :smile: Just had a bit of a problem adjusting the weights...

Week 4:

Day 16, 3/24: Day 1 of GBC

Day 17, 3/25: 30 min cardio, but I honestly dont remember which workout 😣🤷‍♀️🤔. I also ran - had a lovely jog with the kids. They 🚲ed, I 🏃‍♀️ and we all had a 💖ly time! 🙂

Day 18, 3/26: Day 2 of GBC

Day 19, 3/27: A great run, 5.5K in 37 min. Happy 🙂. Late at night (kids in bed, yeah!) 12 Minute Full Body TABATA Workout // INTENSE with Heather Robertson + another 15 mins workout for thighs w. ankle weights

Yesterday the kids and myself had fun biking in the neighbourhood. 15°C, we had a lovely time. 🌞

• denisaarsene

24March:

25&27 March
    Same weights as the previous day. I really enjoyed this challange. Udually I completed with abdos and planks.
    @TinaZ2018 I don't have pics, yet. In 2 months I will, but I show you privately 😁.
  • dewit
    edited March 2020

Week 1:

Week 2:

I decided for this:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Day 16, 3/24: Day 1 of GBC

Day 17, 3/25: 30 min cardio, I remembered! A combo of all this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCOoZqNcXLM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmq5zZfmIws
    (have been admiring her for long, cause the video kept poping up at the end of some workouts; actually very doable 7 minutes)
    and 15 Dupre's Thighs and Glutes workout.
    I also ran - had a lovely jog with the kids. They 🚲ed, I 🏃‍♀️ and we all had a 💖ly time! 🙂

Day 18, 3/26: Day 2 of GBC

Day 19, 3/27: A great run, 5.5K in 37 min. Happy 🙂. Late at night (kids in bed, yeah!) 12 Minute Full Body TABATA Workout // INTENSE with Heather Robertson + another 15 mins workout for thighs w. ankle weights

28th was kind of rest day. The kids and myself had fun biking in the neighbourhood. 15°C, we had a lovely time. 🌞

Day 20, 3/29: another bike tour and Day 1 of GBC

Week... 5? :smile:

Day 21, 3/30: 30 min of Le Sweat (one of my faves of all times)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBWQGb4LyAM
    and because I ate over 2000 cal, I opened the band package and tried this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-nbg7vNkcY

Day 22, 3/31: it's GBC time, Day 2 (prelogging, duh!). I might also run, should the weather and hte kids permit :smile:

Have a good start into the new month and let's try another challenge like this! It's an awesome motivator! Thanks Tina! We're not many, but we're keeping at it :flowerforyou:

• TinaZ2018
    Great work, girls!

Talking of Sidney Cummings, I just started a 10 weeks challenge if you want to join me. It's mixed, full body workouts or certain muscles, strength or HIIT, stretching also. The burned calories that she mentions in the title are usually overestimated by 100 but it's fine. I do 1h anyway. :-)