Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

"MEALS" and "RECIPES" Under "FOOD" Tab No Longer Alphabetical

fitacctfitacct Member Posts: 235 Member Member Posts: 235 Member
Why are the MEALS and RECIPES I've entered under the FOOD tab no longer alphabetical? I have been logging for eight years and have tons under each section. It now takes forever to find the applicable meals when I'm logging since I currently have to go through each page looking for the correct one. Is this yet another MFP glitch or a way to get us to subscribe to the paid service? VERY disappointed, MFP!

Replies

• deannalfisherdeannalfisher Member, Premium Posts: 5,600 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,600 Member
    There should be an option on the right said that says default - click on that and alphabetical should be the other option
  • fitacctfitacct Member Posts: 235 Member Member Posts: 235 Member
    There should be an option on the right said that says default - click on that and alphabetical should be the other option

Thanks, but there's not that option. When I click on "Default", the only option is "Name", which is not alphabetical. I don't know why MFP messed with this. Sure getting tired of all the glitches!
  • deannalfisherdeannalfisher Member, Premium Posts: 5,600 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,600 Member
    In the app?

This is what I see: ka35yzctjo8z.png
  • exermomexermom Member Posts: 5,154 Member Member Posts: 5,154 Member
    That's not what I see. I agree, it is a royal pain. I, too, had a lot of meals. I really don't want to go thru 7 pages just to find one item

exermom
    In the app?

This is what I see: ka35yzctjo8z.png

I don't use the app to log (my phone is too old to support MFP). My diary is completed using my laptop which is why , I guess, I don't have that option...?
    exermom wrote: »
    That's not what I see. I agree, it is a royal pain. I, too, had a lot of meals. I really don't want to go thru 7 pages just to find one item

exermom

Glad to know I'm not alone. I just wish they'd fix the problem. Seems it's always something here lately.
  • jgoris430jgoris430 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    On the app you can at least search for a recipe, but the desktop version doesn't appear to have that. What I do is look it up on the app, make a mod, save and then I think it shows up more recently... :(
  • ChristineCornfootChristineCornfoot Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I am having the same problem
    edited March 2020
  • ChristineCornfootChristineCornfoot Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I am having exactly the same problem. My Meals were listed alphabetically until a couple of days ago. In the drop down menu I have Default or Name. Whichever option I click on, the list will not change.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 31,251 Member Member Posts: 31,251 Member
    Try clearing your cache, reboot your browser.

Mine is working. Some bugs clear themselves in a day or two once you get caught up with all updates and/or get on a different server.

If not, submit a Help ticket.
  • quicklabsquicklabs Member Posts: 241 Member Member Posts: 241 Member
    I have 32 pages of recipes and I can't alphabetize them either on the website or on the app.
  • AwesomeFood2AwesomeFood2 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Alphabetical sort works on iPhone but won't work on my MacBook Pro computer, even after clearing cache.