Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    I'll get all warm and fuzzy initially about frequent texting, but there's a wall that will pop up a little over a week in when it goes from endearing to exhausting unless discussion topics are deep and meaningful.

The guy I'm dating figured out quickly that I need space after we spend a significant amount of time together. A minimum of approx 2 days with zero contact.

zqc9t5sh9377.gif

What a perfect description. A wall pops up, exactly. It’s just too much. I feel rude but sometimes i just can’t be chatty at all
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    ladies/men-

you're in the car driving with your bae on a nice saturday evening. maybe down to the local sonic to get an ice cream cone or something. its been a good day. you've got your bluetooth connected to the stereo and your music on shuffle. one of your favorite tracks comes on and you turn it up a notch.

bae leans over and turns the volume back down and says "ugh i hate that stupid song"

wyd?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies/men-

you're in the car driving with your bae on a nice saturday evening. maybe down to the local sonic to get an ice cream cone or something. its been a good day. you've got your bluetooth connected to the stereo and your music on shuffle. one of your favorite tracks comes on and you turn it up a notch.

bae leans over and turns the volume back down and says "ugh i hate that stupid song"

wyd?

I would kick her out of the car.

.... I might even slow down to five mph over the speed limit.

wait.

what kind of ice cream ?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

I defer to my wife on all that insignificant stuff, so...
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Girls:

Do you prefer daily needy "Hello" texts or the strict minimum communication necessary to set up dates?
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    (...) just hire someone who can do the project right the first time (...)
    I'm down for most DYI projects... as long as it doesn't involve electrical stuff. Nearly electrocuted myself once, not eager to give it another shot...

Good morning and good night texts are too much 😣

I text and would like texts all day long...including good morning and good night 😬

I'm the same way. And when I meet someone new, I wanna get all up in them DM's and actually see what kind of person they are. Learn about them, the names of their pets, their mother's maiden name, their favorite subject in high school.

Ya know basic stuff.

😆
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

I turn it back up and tell her "That's a reason." If you don't get the reference, you should watch more Bill Burr.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Tell them to get out of the car, right now. o:)

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Have a passive aggressive show down where we keep changing the volume.
    The gf "accidentally" changes the songs in the car all the time now and I am suspicious. 🤔 I look at her like she murdered my first-born.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

byaxejbb5w4t.gif
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    Girls/Guys -

How would you feel if you're dating/invested/married to someone that doesn't slash and burn all prior contacts and will cordially respond to ANY text/call that might be received? Is there a different standard for dating/committed/married?

Bold and caps is mine. Mostly concerned about time management here. I'm friendly with exes but you're an ex for a reason and cannot, by extension, be afforded the same attention as I'd give my current partner.

If this isn't a shared value then I'd ask why the "drop everything for everyone at every time" approach was important to them and take it from there.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

I'm singing it acapella at the top of my lungs. If I'm driving, twerking will also be involved for the extra thrill of it all 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Girls:

Do you prefer daily needy "Hello" texts or the strict minimum communication necessary to set up dates?
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    (...) just hire someone who can do the project right the first time (...)
    I'm down for most DYI projects... as long as it doesn't involve electrical stuff. Nearly electrocuted myself once, not eager to give it another shot...

Good morning and good night texts are too much 😣

I text and would like texts all day long...including good morning and good night 😬

I'm the same way. And when I meet someone new, I wanna get all up in them DM's and actually see what kind of person they are. Learn about them, the names of their pets, their mother's maiden name, their favorite subject in high school.

Ya know basic stuff.

😆

You left a couple of lines blank in my survey, ma'am.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2020
    (...) You said it yourself: Too damn needy. (...)

Guess I gave away my own answer with that...
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    (...) your bae (...)
    ...?

Hanauma_Bay.JPG
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Driver's rules; person who drives gets final say on music since they're doing all the "work" essentially.

Driver picks the tunes, shotgun shuts his cake hole.

Exactly. Only exception is if driver dictates passengers may choose tunes.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

idk that depends if the song was actually stupid or not
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Driver's rules; person who drives gets final say on music since they're doing all the "work" essentially.

Driver picks the tunes, shotgun shuts his cake hole.

Exactly. Only exception is if driver dictates passengers may choose tunes.

Talk radio. Then I can enjoy the drive and everyone else in the car can be equally miserable.