Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies/men-

you're in the car driving with your bae on a nice saturday evening. maybe down to the local sonic to get an ice cream cone or something. its been a good day. you've got your bluetooth connected to the stereo and your music on shuffle. one of your favorite tracks comes on and you turn it up a notch.

bae leans over and turns the volume back down and says "ugh i hate that stupid song"

wyd?

Easy
    1) put that pout to work, not the cute little coy one, but the lip jutting, pissed off 3 year old about to have a tantrum pout

2) turn the radio off with a dramatic hand gesture

3) don't speak to them the whole way to the ice cream shop, just shrug your shoulders and maybe sigh occasionally if they talk to you. If they ask whats wrong...you know the correct answer, I'm sure

4) when you get to the ice cream shop, tell them "nah, I'm not in the mood anymore"

5) when they go in to get their ice cream, change your ring tone to "the song" and the volume to "I can hear it from the neighbours house" loudest possible volume

Done

This seems like a lot of work

Can we just throw them in the trunk?
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    ladies/men-

you're in the car driving with your bae on a nice saturday evening. maybe down to the local sonic to get an ice cream cone or something. its been a good day. you've got your bluetooth connected to the stereo and your music on shuffle. one of your favorite tracks comes on and you turn it up a notch.

bae leans over and turns the volume back down and says "ugh i hate that stupid song"

wyd?

Easy
    1) put that pout to work, not the cute little coy one, but the lip jutting, pissed off 3 year old about to have a tantrum pout

3) don't speak to them the whole way to the ice cream shop, just shrug your shoulders and maybe sigh occasionally if they talk to you. If they ask whats wrong...you know the correct answer, I'm sure

4) when you get to the ice cream shop, tell them "nah, I'm not in the mood anymore"

5) when they go in to get their ice cream, change your ring tone to "the song" and the volume to "I can hear it from the neighbours house" loudest possible volume

Done

v9f3leb5itdc.jpeg
    😘
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Easy

Done

This seems like a lot of work

Can we just throw them in the trunk?

Depends. Do you keep a cargo net back there?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Easy

Done

Wait... there's a process to this? I thought screaming "I do what I want!" and flipping the dial to what I wanted to listen to would suffice. Hrm..

Ron-I-Have-a-Permit.gif?resize=500%2C284

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Girls:

Do you prefer daily needy "Hello" texts or the strict minimum communication necessary to set up dates?
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    (...) just hire someone who can do the project right the first time (...)
    I'm down for most DYI projects... as long as it doesn't involve electrical stuff. Nearly electrocuted myself once, not eager to give it another shot...

Good morning and good night texts are too much 😣

I text and would like texts all day long...including good morning and good night 😬

Thats too much pressure! 😅

But in my defense my good morning message...

ys2e5t5dxkwn.gif
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    Gals:

Say you have a home improvement project that you want done and your significant other has all of the experience, tools, and equipment to get it done by themselves. Do you prefer them to do it all by themselves sooner, or would you rather wait until you both have a day off and get it done together?

It depends...Is it at my house or his?

Does that affect your answer?

It does...clearly my house...if I make a mistake no big deal...his house, I dont need that pressure
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    @MaltedTea
    How would you feel if you're dating/invested/married to someone that doesn't slash and burn all prior contacts and will cordially respond to ANY text/call that might be received? Is there a different standard for dating/committed/married?

'You're an ex for a reason and cannot, by extension, be afforded the same attention as I'd give my current partner.'

If you're only 'dating' but they're keeping everyone on the backburner there's not much you can say about it. If you're engaged or married, that's a different story. Juggling all kinds of potentials at one time is a fine art. It takes a lorra lorra strategy and planning.

What happens while you're 'dating' can be the handwriting on the wall for more happy horsesheet to come.
    Never let an old flame burn you twice. <3

@MaltedTea The true essence of the grapes are revealed when they're squeezed.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @MaltedTea
    How would you feel if you're dating/invested/married to someone that doesn't slash and burn all prior contacts and will cordially respond to ANY text/call that might be received? Is there a different standard for dating/committed/married?

'You're an ex for a reason and cannot, by extension, be afforded the same attention as I'd give my current partner.'

If you're only 'dating' but they're keeping everyone on the backburner there's not much you can say about it. If you're engaged or married, that's a different story. Juggling all kinds of potentials at one time is a fine art. It takes a lorra lorra strategy and planning.

What happens while you're 'dating' can be the handwriting on the wall for more happy horsesheet to come.
    Never let an old flame burn you twice. <3

If we're talking about a dating scenario, going steady (ermagah, does anyone say that anymore?!) or a legal union of some sort, then regular, straightforward, and transparent conversation is always where I'm at.

For example, I'd rather have a talk about our opinion on open relationships, what we each view as "cheating" and other discussions considered difficult then avoid them and generate eventual drama for them, myself or any third party.

After some trial and tribulation fit for stiff drinks, I've come to realize that if a person I'm intimate with (who, in turn, has voiced and demonstrated some reciprocation) cannot also engage in regular, straightforward, transparent conversation then...

b2duny94vnn2.gif

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @MaltedTea Very smart. The exhalted ruler or exhausted rooster will end up a plucked chicken or a ruptured duck. His goose is cooked.

All those waiting on the backburner who are willing to go along for the ride will end up fried as well.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited October 2020
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Same as your Dad but I can't turn him down...

What was that...

I said it's not that bad you can't turn it down...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Turn to him with The Look and say pointedly, "But it's my favourite".

Ponder how I'm going to dump him during the ice cream at Sonic. I don't get Sonic very often and I'm not wasting it on a premature breakup.

In reality, if we're going to Sonic that means we're on a road trip about 600 miles from home so I'll need to ponder that breakup thing until we get back or I'll be stranded. By then I'll probably have forgotten.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Ponder how I'm going to dump him during the ice cream at Sonic. I don't get Sonic very often and I'm not wasting it on a premature breakup.

In reality, if we're going to Sonic that means we're on a road trip about 600 miles from home so I'll need to ponder that breakup thing until we get back or I'll be stranded. By then I'll probably have forgotten.

You can take him to a Baskin Robbins and soft serve the blow.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Won't a $1 cone from McD's serve the purpose? I don't want to invest a whole lot of money on a departing contestant here.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Won't a $1 cone from McD's serve the purpose? I don't want to invest a whole lot of money on a departing contestant here.

is that the price of your dignity ??
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Girls, what's your opinion on a random guy coming up to you and telling you that they "have thier eye on you".?
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Girls, what's your opinion on a random guy coming up to you and telling you that they "have thier eye on you".?

That's next level creepy.... Like, take yer eye and move very far away from me.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    Girls/Guys -

How would you feel if you're dating/invested/married to someone that doesn't slash and burn all prior contacts and will cordially respond to any text/call that might be received? Is there a different standard for dating/committed/married?

Slashing and burning is not necessary. I only ask that the ex in question stay the ex.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    ladies/men-

wyd?

Driver picks the tunes, shotgun shuts his piehole.