Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ^ I enjoy ogling ladies with as much or as little clothing as they are comfortable wearing. Women are beautiful in anything they are comfortable wearing.

Me, I like being neked.

Oh yeah for sure I definitely agree, but you gotta admit it's definitely more fun nekkid 🤷🏽‍♂️... 😂

Disclaimer:
    Relax everyone it's just some nonunordinary, smack talk here

Yall are gonna get another thread shut down😂

Ppff... You got that last one shut down...
    I saw, don't think I didn't 😏...
    I've been sitting at work all day long with nothing to do but refresh every few seconds 😏😂...

😂pretty sure it was never me. But. I'll try on the next round

Don't believe her, she got Instagram shutdown earlier too 😏😂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    All...

Rank in order... Best to worst

Led Zeppelin - Overrated, but alright.
    AC/DC - Likewise
    Nirvana - Probably overplayed, but had a lot of lesser known bangers that no one gives them credit for.
    Misfits - Better than the other things in this list.
    Metallica - Were okay until mid-90s and then they just sucked hardcore.

@Kashmir_314_

I'm also curious to know your thoughts on particular on the following... (open to all as well tho)

Rod Stewart - Totally underrated, has a lot of lesser known songs that are really good.
    Billy Joel - Hit or miss; I like a lot of his stuff, but some of the stuff in the 80s and currently are not so great.
    Elton John - Uhm, considering I have his entire discography, including current stuff that's pretty terrible, that should tell you where my opinion lies. A more lyrical Liberace. Used to be more flashy, mellowed out.. songs now not as good as they were. Still occasionally puts out something worthwhile.

Bold is my opinion; come at me bros. :lol:

We are definitely in agreement on the Misfits... I don't think they get there due credit... A rule grungy raw sound that I just appreciated

No, they got overshadowed a lot by Motorhead, Social Distortion, Ramones, and the Dead Kennedys (at least in my part of the world). Not that there's anything wrong with those other groups, but it just seemed like Misfits never really got their due credit in that scene (again in my part of the world), despite their actual contribution to it overall.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    Guys/girls: Would you rather see someone or hear them?

Hmm..

Both are good but there’s something uniquely appealing about just the voice

As someone who spends all day listening to people, I can appreciate a good voice more than most. (It doesn't hurt that my voice is far and away my best feature.)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    @CacoEther (ugh.....it keeps prefilling your name in wrong and this is the first time I caught it🙈)

That long stream of consciousness wasn’t directed at you. I’m sorry. Just thoughts that came out. 🤗
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @CacoEther (ugh.....it keeps prefilling your name in wrong and this is the first time I caught it🙈)

That long stream of consciousness wasn’t directed at you. I’m sorry. Just thoughts that came out. 🤗

Oh my word. Trust me, you never have to worry that i’m taking your comments the wrong way ❤️
  • MelG7777
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Guys: how you take it when she tells you “you should selfie more”

If i was 16 id be all swole and proud......after 40.....id say......just stop.....

Explain

As a teenager its normal to get all happy if a girl wants you to selfie more. Its a boost to your self esteem, its part of the process. Its silly, but its how it is.

If a mature adult is seriously asking for more selfies, id say grow up. I of course do take them occasionally, its part of todays society. And for people that are achieving life changing goals of progress its awesome too. But to just be part of the look at me movement....and it not be a joke....no thanks. And i wouldnt date a woman that is part of that either. I workout practically every single day of my life, i dont think once i ever stopped to take a selfie. Its just not why i do it. I dont condemn those that do, to each their own....but i dont hang around with too many selfie taking kind of people.

I used to be that way but I’ve come around to the dark side. I love seeing people’s faces, especially when they aren’t people i can ever see in person. Makes them more human ❤️

I get that.....i had that feeling when you selfied a little while ago. I may be slightly hypocritical here.....slightly.....

There’s always a fear that people will perceive your selfie as you just trying to get attention or validation so sometimes i ask for selfies to eliminate that fear too

I get it though, selfies are a polarizing thing

I’m like you. I love seeing people’s selfies, pics of their random every day moments. I don’t need to see their every move or every meal but I like pics. And I love getting to know people on all different levels. I was the kid in middle school with a camera on an all the time basis. I think they’re fun. And if someone thinks badly of me for taking and posting them....I don’t care. I used to hate myself in many ways. And it would have bothered me if people thought badly of me for that (but I never took pics. And I deleted 99% of pics with me in them). But, now it’s just for fun. And probably because, even though I have a ton of work to do still, I don’t hate the way I look anymore. There are a few parts I hate but not in a self loathing way. In a “I’m gonna fix it or learn to live with it kind of way.” To each their own... compliments are nice but it’s not about attention or validation in the sense that it’s gonna make or break me. Also.....if you go to a “selfie thread” or even someone’s Instagram or something, what would one expect to see there?😂

(quietly steps off of soapbox)

I was (and still am, really) very camera shy. I’m not an overly photogenic person so to take a selfie of my face that I actually like is way more effort than its worth. But I’ve always been the one glaring at the camera person (usually my sister) or making an annoyed face in a candid shot. Posing for pics felt deeply fake and uncomfortable, i was always that one laughing nervously with my teeth gritted. Finally my sister said to me “HEIDI. Someday you’re going to die and it’ll look like we didn’t love you because we’ll have NO pictures of you at your funeral. And we’ll have no pictures of you to look back on when we miss you, now get over yourself.”

So i’m coming around.

That’s great! I’ve been told by a couple people around here that I’ve inspired them to take more and post more. And I think that’s pretty cool. I hate smiling for pics cuz it feels fake. And I don’t like the way I look usually. And....I know I’m not the only one to say “thank you Heidi’s sisters cuz your sis is a hottie and beautiful”.
    PS.....I plan on not having a funeral and also I need to have someone destroy my phone for me when I die. And also the Cloud. I think I need the Cloud destroyed. And probably my email address as well. My family still won’t have pics of me. I’ll direct my kids to mfp if it still exists and they want to see pics of me.
  • CacoEther

If i was 16 id be all swole and proud......after 40.....id say......just stop.....

Explain

As a teenager its normal to get all happy if a girl wants you to selfie more. Its a boost to your self esteem, its part of the process. Its silly, but its how it is.

If a mature adult is seriously asking for more selfies, id say grow up. I of course do take them occasionally, its part of todays society. And for people that are achieving life changing goals of progress its awesome too. But to just be part of the look at me movement....and it not be a joke....no thanks. And i wouldnt date a woman that is part of that either. I workout practically every single day of my life, i dont think once i ever stopped to take a selfie. Its just not why i do it. I dont condemn those that do, to each their own....but i dont hang around with too many selfie taking kind of people.

I used to be that way but I’ve come around to the dark side. I love seeing people’s faces, especially when they aren’t people i can ever see in person. Makes them more human ❤️

I get that.....i had that feeling when you selfied a little while ago. I may be slightly hypocritical here.....slightly.....

There’s always a fear that people will perceive your selfie as you just trying to get attention or validation so sometimes i ask for selfies to eliminate that fear too

I’m like you. I love seeing people’s selfies, pics of their random every day moments. I don’t need to see their every move or every meal but I like pics. And I love getting to know people on all different levels. I was the kid in middle school with a camera on an all the time basis. I think they’re fun. And if someone thinks badly of me for taking and posting them....I don’t care. I used to hate myself in many ways. And it would have bothered me if people thought badly of me for that (but I never took pics. And I deleted 99% of pics with me in them). But, now it’s just for fun. And probably because, even though I have a ton of work to do still, I don’t hate the way I look anymore. There are a few parts I hate but not in a self loathing way. In a “I’m gonna fix it or learn to live with it kind of way.” To each their own... compliments are nice but it’s not about attention or validation in the sense that it’s gonna make or break me. Also.....if you go to a “selfie thread” or even someone’s Instagram or something, what would one expect to see there?😂

I was (and still am, really) very camera shy. I’m not an overly photogenic person so to take a selfie of my face that I actually like is way more effort than its worth. But I’ve always been the one glaring at the camera person (usually my sister) or making an annoyed face in a candid shot. Posing for pics felt deeply fake and uncomfortable, i was always that one laughing nervously with my teeth gritted. Finally my sister said to me “HEIDI. Someday you’re going to die and it’ll look like we didn’t love you because we’ll have NO pictures of you at your funeral. And we’ll have no pictures of you to look back on when we miss you, now get over yourself.”

So i’m coming around.

That’s great! I’ve been told by a couple people around here that I’ve inspired them to take more and post more. And I think that’s pretty cool. I hate smiling for pics cuz it feels fake. And I don’t like the way I look usually. And....I know I’m not the only one to say “thank you Heidi’s sisters cuz your sis is a hottie and beautiful”.
    PS.....I plan on not having a funeral and also I need to have someone destroy my phone for me when I die. And also the Cloud. I think I need the Cloud destroyed. And probably my email address as well. My family still won’t have pics of me. I’ll direct my kids to mfp if it still exists and they want to see pics of me.

Thanks to your kind words I have formally settled on my best selfie to date for my pp
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    If Elton John only had released one album, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and nothing else.

He would have left his mark on rock music like very few others.

I recently purchased a rare Japanese pressing of this vinyl masterpiece; it's stellar in every regard.

Came back in time to quote your post to say - Elton John is crazy cool talented!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    If I post a selfie... I never really know why I do so, outside of the fact that I was just compelled to... I try to just do and detach from the consequences...

This morning I was inside my head about it a bit, for whatever reason... But I'm not going to try to psychosis why I do it... I just do 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

Explain

I have someone in my life who made me feel so bad when I posted selfies or if they saw me take one they'd say "you know, people who selfie are mentality unstable in the head" and for a while I refused to take pictures of myself. I think one of the reasons why I post selfies is a way of me telling this person "*kitten* you". I am slowly getting out of that mentality that there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a picture and if I share one its because I want to. Because I feel good. Because I can. Because idgaf.

Sometimes I feel like these threads are my very own personal therapists 🤣
  • MelG7777
    edited November 2020

Explain

I have someone in my life who made me feel so bad when I posted selfies or if they saw me take one they'd say "you know, people who selfie are mentality unstable in the head" and for a while I refused to take pictures of myself. I think one of the reasons why I post selfies is a way of me telling this person "*kitten* you". I am slowly getting out of that mentality that there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a picture and if I share one its because I want to. Because I feel good. Because I can. Because idgaf.

Sometimes I feel like these threads are my very own personal therapists 🤣

I like “idgaf _sw33tp3a_11 “ you know what other one I like too.....”the morning after _sw33tp3a_11 ”😏
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    *snip* Finally my sister said to me “HEIDI. Someday you’re going to die and it’ll look like we didn’t love you because we’ll have NO pictures of you at your funeral. And we’ll have no pictures of you to look back on when we miss you, now get over yourself.”

So i’m coming around.

Personal Takeaway: your whole family is witty! 🤗

Also, I get you with the pic reticence.
  • CacoEther
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    *snip* Finally my sister said to me “HEIDI. Someday you’re going to die and it’ll look like we didn’t love you because we’ll have NO pictures of you at your funeral. And we’ll have no pictures of you to look back on when we miss you, now get over yourself.”

So i’m coming around.

Personal Takeaway: your whole family is witty! 🤗

Also, I get you with the pic reticence.

I’ve always been the least funny one in my fam 😌
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    My apologies if it’s already been asked...this goes out to everyone:

What’s your opinion on body hair on ladies?

Guys/ladies who like ladies: would it stop you from physical contact?

Everyone who calls themselves a lady: how many effs do you have to give before bringing the razor to your skin?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »

Everyone who calls themselves a lady: how many effs do you have to give before bringing the razor to your skin?

PmEo7x6.jpg
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    fstrickl wrote: »

Would it stop me?
    Depends drunk I am I suppose 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Ladies and Gents...

Rank the following...

Jack in the box
    Wendy's
    McDonald's
    Burger King
    Carl's Jr / hardeys
    In and out

If they had no calories and weren't terrible for you... For the purist 😂
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Ladies and Gents...

Rank the following...

Jack in the box
    Wendy's
    McDonald's
    Burger King
    Carl's Jr / hardeys
    In and out

If they had no calories and weren't terrible for you... For the purist 😂

Wendy's
    In n Out
    Burger King
    McDonalds

No opinion on the others, never been to them.