Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Guys.....or anyone.....why would you not tell your wife/gf/mom etc she had a lot of facial hair? I mean, I guess she would have to know for herself so maybe this is irrelevant. I had to meet someone new a couple days ago and she ALMOST could post in the beards thread. That’s an exaggeration. But it was a lot. I get some people don’t care but when they seem to care about their appearance in other ways.....why? I hope someone tells me if it ever comes down to this.

I had a coworker with a full-ish, grey beard. Her focus was on weight maintenance (she was the leader of like a weight loss anonymous or 12-step group, I forget how she described it)

Anyhooo, her eyesight was fine, she was in a committed long-term relationship and she was a great person so who am I to ask about her beard? I figured she wanted it there or didn't want to bother with the process of not having it there.

Sidenote: I've chosen to actively ignore (out loud) the subsequent question.

True. I get it. I still hope I have a friend who is good enough to me that they feel comfortable trying to help. I wouldn’t expect something that personal from a co-worker etc. Something in my teeth or my face etc.....anyone. I welcome anyone to have mercy on me.

Hey Mel.....you might want to do something with that scruff....its kind of itchy 😉
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Guys.....or anyone.....why would you not tell your wife/gf/mom etc she had a lot of facial hair? I mean, I guess she would have to know for herself so maybe this is irrelevant. I had to meet someone new a couple days ago and she ALMOST could post in the beards thread. That’s an exaggeration. But it was a lot. I get some people don’t care but when they seem to care about their appearance in other ways.....why? I hope someone tells me if it ever comes down to this.

I wouldn't say anything... I'd just feel kinda mean...
    I'm supposed to just appreciate you as you are... 💕

*kitten* no. Someone better tell me. If we’re close enough. Otherwise when I notice, I assume you hate me.
  • MelG7777
    Motorsheen wrote: »

just leave this on their nightstand, bathroom vanity or work desk.

....... they'll get the idea and then there's no need for any awkward conversation.

man-s-stuff-by-technic-tidy-whiskers-beard-care-4971-550x688w.jpg
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I had a coworker with a full-ish, grey beard. Her focus was on weight maintenance (she was the leader of like a weight loss anonymous or 12-step group, I forget how she described it)

Anyhooo, her eyesight was fine, she was in a committed long-term relationship and she was a great person so who am I to ask about her beard? I figured she wanted it there or didn't want to bother with the process of not having it there.

True. I get it. I still hope I have a friend who is good enough to me that they feel comfortable trying to help. I wouldn’t expect something that personal from a co-worker etc. Something in my teeth or my face etc.....anyone. I welcome anyone to have mercy on me.

Hey Mel.....you might want to do something with that scruff....its kind of itchy 😉

SEE! That’s what I’m talking about!!
    This is what I hopefully never need but in the event that I do....I need someone on beard duty for me.

(It’smysonsnewgirlfriendsmom.Iwouldneversayanythingbutitgotmethinking)
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

I wouldn't say anything since it's on their face and I assume they already know about it. Also, some people have alot if facial hair because of medical conditions so to me it sounds kind of rude and none of my business to point it out.

This reminds me of a coworker one time. She had, what I assumed to be ink smudges on her chin. So I told her she had ink on her face to be helpful. She said it was stubble and she’d forgotten to shave it. I felt like such an *kitten*. 🤦‍♀️

Of course then she proceeded to explain to me why she had stubble because of a medical condition. I swear I didn’t ask her why. But I’m sure it embarrassed her because I, being the smart person I am, told her about the ink in front of another person too. 😬

This reminds me of a coworker I had at a part-time job in high school. She (older) had a goatee because of hormone shots for fertility treatments. No one said anything directly to her, that I know of, but she offered the info to try to shutdown some talk going on behind her back.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

*kitten* no. Someone better tell me. If we’re close enough. Otherwise when I notice, I assume you hate me.

No one accidentally grows a beard...

And it's possible to hate someone and ask them to shave, lose weight whatever...

It's also possible to love someone and not care about these things... It doesn't mean you don't care about the person...
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    ladies/guys-

you going through their phone if they leave it out when they're busy taking a shower or nah?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies/guys-

you going through their phone if they leave it out when they're busy taking a shower or nah?

No. What could possibly be fascinating enough in his phone to draw my attention? I got *kitten* to do. :lol:
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    ladies/guys-

I would not. Probably even if asked by the phone owner to, because that’s how things like accusations happen.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    ladies/guys-

No. Nothing good could possibly come from that.
  • jjpptt2
    ladies/guys-

Just out of curiosity... what would be the temptation to do so?
  • iMago
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    ladies/guys-

i guess the same reason a man would climb Mount Everest

because it is there.
  • MelG7777
    edited November 2020

No one accidentally grows a beard...

And it's possible to hate someone and ask them to shave, lose weight whatever...

It's also possible to love someone and not care about these things... It doesn't mean you don't care about the person...

Omg. I quit.
  • iMago
    ladies/guys-

Because his bathroom breaks were am hour long. Pfft, nobody plays words with friends for an hour 🙄

ah the good ole days
  • jjpptt2
    ladies/guys-

Because his bathroom breaks were am hour long. Pfft, nobody plays words with friends for an hour 🙄

If he's in the bathroom "playing words with friends", doesn't he have his phone with him???
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member

Giiiirl, I adore you but how can someone grow a beard without noticing? 😅 I had 1 little hair on my chin once and that's all I could see 🤣
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    ladies/guys-

Never, I think if someone doesn't trust their partner enough that they feel like they need to snoop through their phone it's pretty obvious that there are issues in their relationship ou with themselves.
  • MelG7777
    edited November 2020

Giiiirl, I adore you but how can someone grow a beard without noticing? 😅 I had 1 little hair on my chin once and that's all I could see 🤣

It’s the only way my mind can reconcile not caring? I honestly can’t imagine living that way. And not caring. But I’m a vain *kitten*. I’m sure people think that about things I do or don’t do too? (Also it was a “grouping” of long hair....technically not so much a beard but still)

The original questions was......why would you not tell someone you care about? I’d want to know how someone I care about perceives me in many areas. Because I know they have my best interest in mind. I’m assuming some people think that it’s not really “that bad” or maybe nobody notices. Or.....they’re ok with it. Which again, my brain no fathom that.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ladies/guys-

Meanwhile, there are those weird people who read on the toilet for seemingly an hour or so. 🙄

Also.. who would want to sit in a bathroom for an hour willingly? Eww. :lol:
  • jjpptt2
    ladies/guys-

If he's in the bathroom "playing words with friends", doesn't he have his phone with him???

Yes! Which lead me to borrowing his phone, which lead to suspicion, which lead to the door!

Do you have trust/security issues, or is this a reasonable response for most people? Or is this just chit chat being chit chat?
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    ladies/guys-

No.

I'm not that particular brand of paranoid when it comes to relationships.

And if anything funky or untoward is going on, that's not the way I would want to find out.