Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Something outside that involves movement but not team sports. Followed by ahmazing local food and pretentious craft beer cause I’m a millennial 🤷🏻‍♀️

I used to do your perfect date with three close friends every fall. We'd do a fall colours hike for about 2 - 3 hours then stop at a little tavern that had the best vegetarian chili. It was in a tiny arts community so I'm sure they had the pretentious craft beer too. I miss those days.

I want this

You totally do

Wp3AWap.jpg

This looks like my neck of the woods in fall.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    @cowsfan12 - a six pack and some cookies for the win. ❤️

@will_it_go_round_in_circles - All the M&Ms, a box of children's books, a list of daily affirmations, and Toy Story 1 - 4 😘

😎🥰
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Something outside that involves movement but not team sports. Followed by ahmazing local food and pretentious craft beer cause I’m a millennial 🤷🏻‍♀️

I used to do your perfect date with three close friends every fall. We'd do a fall colours hike for about 2 - 3 hours then stop at a little tavern that had the best vegetarian chili. It was in a tiny arts community so I'm sure they had the pretentious craft beer too. I miss those days.

Sounds so absolutely lovely. Hopefully we can go back to those days soon. I’ve started adding new hikes on my AllTrails app!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

I want this

You totally do

Wp3AWap.jpg

That's northern MN
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member

I want this

You totally do

Wp3AWap.jpg

Yes it does.
  • J_NY_Z
    If you were going to plan a date for someone in your real life or one of your MFP friends and it had to cater to their specific preferences how well would you do?

First things first: puts on tight jeans, leather jacket and fake tats (I have none)
    Covers self in peanutbuttery goodness and puts on iridescent socks and my engineer boots.

Approach hobbit hole and lure out with cheesecake. Turn on my quirky charm and invite you to go roller skating with me.

How am I doin? 🤔

Are you busy next week? This sounds glorious!

I'm free, shall I pencil you in? Do you like burritos or tacos?

Listen...I'm not going to complain if a beautiful woman gives me a shot so you choose what you like.
  • J_NY_Z
    If you were going to plan a date for someone in your real life or one of your MFP friends and it had to cater to their specific preferences how well would you do?

First things first: puts on tight jeans, leather jacket and fake tats (I have none)
    Covers self in peanutbuttery goodness and puts on iridescent socks and my engineer boots.

Approach hobbit hole and lure out with cheesecake. Turn on my quirky charm and invite you to go roller skating with me.

How am I doin? 🤔

Listen...I'm not going to complain if a beautiful woman gives me a shot so you choose what you like.

Soft tacos for the win! 😀

@twitchandshout are you still in on this? @Kashmir_314_ is making soft tacos!
  • twitchandshout

How am I doin? 🤔

This feels like a compromise
  • J_NY_Z

How am I doin? 🤔

Me or the tacos?
  • twitchandshout

How am I doin? 🤔

Me or the tacos?

How am I doin? 🤔

When she knows me 😍

tacos *grumble grumble*
  • J_NY_Z

How am I doin? 🤔

Me or the tacos?

How am I doin? 🤔

When she knows me 😍

tacos *grumble grumble*

Listen, I can cook many different things. You tell me what you want and I will make it. There's so many other things going on with tight leather and peanut butter goodness. You are doing enough, just let me know what I can cook and I'm on it.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    I'm so lost...
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

How am I doin? 🤔

Me or the tacos?

😭🤣
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Ok people whats you thoughts on mfp meet ups...good idea or nah...on one hand could make a friend for life on the other could be a huge disappointment

I've met 2 people so far. One was sort of awkward mostly because I didn't really know her but she was in my area. She was nice and I met her family. We're not fitness friends on here anymore. The other one I met here not an active member anymore but we've been friends for 5 years and it was just time. One of the best decisions I've ever made and I plan on having them in my life for a very long time. I have future plans on meeting one my favorite people on here but that will have to wait till the summer time other than her, I have no other realistic plans on meeting anyone else.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Ok people whats you thoughts on mfp meet ups...good idea or nah...on one hand could make a friend for life on the other could be a huge disappointment

I've met 2 people so far. One was sort of awkward mostly because I didn't really know her but she was in my area. She was nice and I met her family. We're not fitness friends on here anymore. The other one I met here not an active member anymore but we've been friends for 5 years and it was just time. One of the best decisions I've ever made and I plan on having them in my life for a very long time. I have future plans on meeting one my favorite people on here but that will have to wait till the summer time other than her, I have no other realistic plans on meeting anyone else.

'cept me because you love me!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

'cept me because you love me!

I do 🥰
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Guys/girls opinion on dates and who pays? When should it be split? Do you expect the lady will not pay on the first few dates? Ladies do you expect to be doted on for couple months, "courted"?

I'm curious about this as I've generally always assumed its split,
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Guys/girls opinion on dates and who pays? When should it be split? Do you expect the lady will not pay on the first few dates? Ladies do you expect to be doted on for couple months, "courted"?

The person who asks for the date pays unless you have agreed upon other arrangements upfront.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Let's see.... in my experience, the lady pays for things like haircare, make-up, clothes etc. etc.

The guy, just shows up, hopefully looking respectable, but no great shakes, no big expense.

Guys should break-off a credit card and pay for the date, because the dollars work out in the end.

Ladies, if a fella buys you a meal, please enjoy it rather than pushing it around on your plate with a fork while talking about yourself and flipping your hair.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Let's see.... in my experience, the lady pays for things like haircare, make-up, clothes etc. etc.

The guy, just shows up, hopefully looking respectable, but no great shakes, no big expense.

Guys should break-off a credit card and pay for the date, because the dollars work out in the end.

Ladies, if a fella buys you a meal, please enjoy it rather than pushing it around on your plate with a fork while talking about yourself and flipping your hair.

What about the therapy costs for venturing into public?