Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Covid-19....... are you eating out less because of it?

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMomJRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 1,750Member Member Posts: 1,750Member Member
    we1qofi4i0bg.jpeg
    emaxi3zqqjgo.jpeg
    gjdlnc5znsl7.jpeg
    w9ojd51g1jmu.jpeg
    05kbg8kgs20w.jpeg
    dqt792xoytio.jpeg
    President USA 🇺🇸 recommendation is don’t eat out instead drive they,delivery,y pickup options .

• amandaeveamandaeve Posts: 665Member Member Posts: 665Member Member
    My favorite place is take-away spot (I don't care for sit down) and Washington state just stopped all sit-down restaurants and bars. This may boost business for them! Fingers crossed!!!
  • JRsLateInLifeMomJRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 1,750Member Member Posts: 1,750Member Member
    I love sit down restaurants y take away both equally. Not all Of them have takeout 🥡 so wondering how they’ll fair through this new Presidential speech. Mom y Pop places don’t have the money to become apart of big chain decisions like grub hub to take out boxes for all orders
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 4,961Member Member Posts: 4,961Member Member
    I love sit down restaurants y take away both equally. Not all Of them have takeout 🥡 so wondering how they’ll fair through this new Presidential speech. Mom y Pop places don’t have the money to become apart of big chain decisions like grub hub to take out boxes for all orders

This is at least a little help: https://chicago.eater.com/2020/3/13/21178161/coronavirus-grubhub-chicago-restaurants-fees-mayor
  • guil0095guil0095 Posts: 304Member Member Posts: 304Member Member
    I never knew how much I took going to a restaurant for granted, until they all started shutting down. :disappointed:
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 3,132Member Member Posts: 3,132Member Member
    We had someone confirmed in our county today. I drove past a closed McDonalds tonight. I’ve never seen a closed McDonald’s in the daytime.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,521Member Member Posts: 8,521Member Member
    Ontario state of emergency as of now. All restaurants take out only.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 22,165Member Member Posts: 22,165Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Ontario state of emergency as of now. All restaurants take out only.

Minneapolis, MN is doing the same thing as of noon today.
  • amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Posts: 10,021Member Member Posts: 10,021Member Member
    Well, said I was choosing not to eat out, and it looks like the government made that decision for everyone else here. No restaurants open, not even for takeout.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 1,249Member Member Posts: 1,249Member Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I have finally "arrived" on MFP. It seems I have a disagree stalker. One disagree on both posts in this thread, and I sure can't figure anything out that's there to disagree with in either post. Or maybe someone just doesn't like cabbage?

I get them too and it burns my biscuits. :( I only wish there was a way for disagreers to be seen or they'd have to make a comment, just so 2 sides of every story can get shared, KWIM? Don't worry about them though. It still bothers me at times, some times more than others. But it seems like everything bothers me these days. Paranoia is striking even the more sane of us. :blush:

I think trying to give business to ones that'll be hurt through all of this, is a good thing, as long as we all stay safe and smart about it. Most places, even in our rinky-dink town, are offered take-out or delivery, shortened hours, no sitting/eating in restaurants/bars. Schools throughout the state are now closed, daycares might be allowed open only for essential services families, all group gatherings(small to large) are being cancelled or postponed.
  • midlomel1971midlomel1971 Posts: 1,203Member Member Posts: 1,203Member Member
    We definitely are. Businesses can't have more than 10 patrons in a store at a single time. I see a lot of delivered pizzas in our future.
  • lilawolflilawolf Posts: 1,645Member Member Posts: 1,645Member Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    It was very weird being in an EMPTY tavern to get some take-out.

ssr1hrwnvfy1.jpg

I want to keep doing business with them and tip the employees. Plus, tonight is their annual Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Roasted Potato special. It's really good. They have off-premise sales, so I also got a can of Guinness and a bottle of Sierra Nevada. Tasted way better than it looked in a to-go container. Next year I'll have it on a real plate, once again with friends.

4b1vesn35sfq.jpg

I did go by last evening for their last seated service for a month. They have really good fresh-cut french fries, but they won't be good for take-out.

6jwyjy0mmmn6.jpg

I appreciate both the food pron and supporting local businesses in a safe way!
  • WendyannerobertsWendyanneroberts Posts: 232Member Member Posts: 232Member Member
    I don't usually eat out much, but this virus, now means self isolation for another 12 weeks (just had 3 weeks isolation, for different reasons).

With Mother's Day this weekend, we had planned on a restaurant meal. But that has been postponed.

With the way this has spread, since this debate opened. Things have really escalated.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,929Member Member Posts: 4,929Member Member
    I don't usually eat out much, but this virus, now means self isolation for another 12 weeks (just had 3 weeks isolation, for different reasons).

With Mother's Day this weekend, we had planned on a restaurant meal. But that has been postponed.

With the way this has spread, since this debate opened. Things have really escalated.

MOTHERS DAY?! I gasped....its not until MAY!!!! I just had a minor freak out I was a month behind and that I had no present or plans for my mom and hadn't even mentioned it to her! Why are you saying mothers day is this weekend?!?!?! It is in May!!