Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Covid-19....... are you eating out less because of it?

Replies

• pandaapopandaapo Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    DEFINETLY!
  • JRsLateInLifeMomJRsLateInLifeMom Member Posts: 2,102 Member Member Posts: 2,102 Member
    Been ordering in every blue moon but only from 2 places we know is practicing social distancing even with customers. Then I reheat the food in the airfryer to be sure I’m killing stuff. Tossing the wrappers to boxes wash hands a lot. Even bleach the doorbell every time it rings use my own pens! Prepay online . Definitely not ordering as much as we did before at all
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,323 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,323 Member
    We order once or twice a month still. Supporting local business and all that. Also, I'm a lazy mother who works full-time while in grad school so 🤷🏿‍♀️

We've always eaten off our own plates. We've always transferred any leftovers to glass containers with airtight lids... so no change there.

The only difference is that I don't walk to the various resto for pick up, strictly prepaid delivery now.
    edited April 14
  • hobbitses333hobbitses333 Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    All restaurants near me are delivery or pick up only, if they are open at all...trying to find Pho for my hangovers is near impossible right now. We are eating at home a lot more just because..We noticed our cooking is way better and much cheaper than most of the stuff we were buying all too often at the local eateries...this could be a game changer. We were getting too lazy...lol! I hate all the constant dishes tho...and my gym has been shut down for the last 4 weeks...I miss it soooo much!!
    edited April 14
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 8,665 Member Member Posts: 8,665 Member
    Yes 100% less, because all the eating out places are closed until the lockdown is lifted.
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    My life has changed 0% as a result of Corona virus. I am in the health field and know for a fact that this is blown way out of proportion. I was already a hand washer before. I still go out to eat once every week or so.

Glad to hear you were always a hand washer. It amazes me that this virus forced some people to suddenly pay attention to simple hygiene.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 3,616 Member Member Posts: 3,616 Member
    I’m eating out more. It’s the only time I get out of the house. I get drive-thru and sit in the park and eat in my car.
    I’m eating out more. It’s the only time I get out of the house. I get drive-thru and sit in the park and eat in my car.

Lucky you. ALL of ours are closed, so people are learning to do home cooked meals again.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,342 Member Member Posts: 4,342 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Lucky you. ALL of ours are closed, so people are learning to do home cooked meals again.

No drive through, curbside pick up, or take out?
  • JenObRNJenObRN Member Posts: 101 Member Member Posts: 101 Member
    Don’t remember the last time I even got carry out.
  • yulin696969yulin696969 Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    Covid is a government made hoax to get us to learn how to cook better
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 3,616 Member Member Posts: 3,616 Member
    Dam the government. I will never learn how to cook better! I will not be tyranized!

Lol. For those who couldn’t tell and would have disagreed from here to Tuesday!
  • rainbow198rainbow198 Member Posts: 2,231 Member Member Posts: 2,231 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I'm eating the same. I cook almost all of my meals at home. I do go out for pizza every Friday, but I know the entire staff very well and usually see my pizza being made.

We used to eat in the restaurant and make it a night out, but the last couple of weeks we've been eating it at home. Will have no problems stopping for a while if this keeps up. That would be one heck of a change. Been having pizza almost every Friday so many years.

Once in a while I'll meet up for a friend for lunch, but that is on hold at the moment.

Other then that my eating habits are normal.

It has been almost 6 weeks since I posted my reply above. I've had my one treat meal (pizza) every week except for Good Friday. Thankfully their business is doing okay for now, but they've had to make a lot of adjustments. It's just the owner and 2 chefs working. No other employees. So many restaurants in my area are closed and it's so desolate everywhere.
    edited April 23
  • gininthegymgininthegym Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    I have had takeout just once since lockdown.

Can not wait to be able to go out to a restaurant and having someone else shop, cook and clear away for me.

• cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 37,934 Member Member Posts: 37,934 Member

You don't have drive through or take out or delivery? All of ours are closed to dine in, but you can do delivery or take out or drive through. Closed altogether would seem to be a rather large disruption in the food supply chain. Our grocery stores would be completely empty if grocery shopping was the singular option.
  • dbanks80dbanks80 Member Posts: 3,578 Member Member Posts: 3,578 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I still go out to eat. I go to my favorite Chinese restaurant without any thought.

I took my dog to the groomer who is from North Korea and gave her a hug because she was sad people were cancelling their grooming appointments asking her "Didn't you go to China?"

"eye roll" if there was an emoji for that.

This was my response March 11th!!

I cook M-Thurs and we pick up something Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Although my husband is going to grill some ribs this Sunday.

So Covid has got me cooking a whole lot more.
  • 4Phoenix4Phoenix Member Posts: 49 Member Member Posts: 49 Member
    More....that's why I'm here. Getting a handle on amounts and also eating for a healthy immune system (especially critical now).
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,944 Member Member Posts: 8,944 Member
    4Phoenix wrote: »
    More....that's why I'm here. Getting a handle on amounts and also eating for a healthy immune system (especially critical now).

So much wrong in the second sentence of this post lol :)
    glassyo wrote: »

No drive through, curbside pick up, or take out?

The first restriction was "take-out only". No dining in. Then the shutdown closed them all as non-essential businesses.
    4Phoenix wrote: »

Why?? For most of us, a healthy portion is less than what we've been eating before.