Not feeling hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    I think @lgfrie that you worded my observation better. Though the percentage of time I go for one over the other is obviously different than what you or @NovusDies choose. And, I've noticed, changes from time to time for me.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Interesting discussion. I have backed off the low-caloric density foods a bit because I find they make me full in a physical sense but not a psychological sense, if that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't. But what I mean to say is, a 600 calorie burrito from California Tortilla makes all my neurons go "ahhhhhhhhhh" and I'm content and mostly happy to not eat until the next meal. 600 calories of low density foods, which have several/many times the volume, leave me "technically" full but not sated - my stomach is full but I still want to eat.

I wonder as @PAV8888 as talked about being at a deficit and being at maintenance for a while. I personally went way to low, but in recent weeks find myself getting better to a degree. Now, I can always eat, but the devil living in my stomach is getting weaker. Technically i was at maintenance + - 5lbs for almost 2 years and never had my body adapt. It had taken a increase that puts me at a high normal BMI to see any improvements. Though BMI can be a good predictor of obesity in populations, I think on an individual level it's not as good. I carry more muscle mass that someone normal my size. So for me, if I push up to 210, I will be ok. Currently 6'3" 197. Bf 15-16% per visual. I am noticing some days more calorie dense foods have a little better effect on me. So, maybe my boy has a point. I also am a bit of an ancestralist. I think human satiety has a certain calorie density at which we feel more satisfied. About 1.1-1.2 calories a gram for the average of a meal. It's all correlations through multiple studies, but i think it might have merit.