Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I might try

running

outside

I’m being a little dramatic since i used to quite enjoy trail running (as much as it’s possible for a slug to enjoy cardiovascular exercise). But i did get harassed a couple of times last year and I’m sure it’s only gotten worse out there. And no, I have no one to go with.

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

.... it's not like we don't have the time.

I actually recorded one instance but i hate thinking about it.

The other was *kitten* weird. Two guys in a truck getting too close to me and warning me about the dangers of going out alone

I never run along roads. Too many perverts. Most just verbally abusive, some of them actually physically threatening. Stopped doing it years ago after a close call that scared the crap out of me. I only run on trails now. Seems like most of these nasty perverts are too lazy to leave their trucks. Too much work so they stick to harassing women on pavement. Gross. :s

One of my instances happened on a well-travelled hiking trail and one on a country backroad and i had to back up into the bushes/ ditch to keep a safe distance from the truck and i said things like, “I live right there. My husband is waiting for me.”

Both times were truly frightening. When I lived in the city I got stares and catcalls but this isolation makes it much more menacing. And I don’t doubt they’d consider leaving their trucks for an easy opportunity.

If someone's determined, they'll find a way. Sucks that people have it in their heads to threaten, or harm another.

Hopefully you can find a safe way to exercise.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    I might try

running

outside

I’m being a little dramatic since i used to quite enjoy trail running (as much as it’s possible for a slug to enjoy cardiovascular exercise). But i did get harassed a couple of times last year and I’m sure it’s only gotten worse out there. And no, I have no one to go with.

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

The other was *kitten* weird. Two guys in a truck getting too close to me and warning me about the dangers of going out alone

I never run along roads. Too many perverts. Most just verbally abusive, some of them actually physically threatening. Stopped doing it years ago after a close call that scared the crap out of me. I only run on trails now. Seems like most of these nasty perverts are too lazy to leave their trucks. Too much work so they stick to harassing women on pavement. Gross. :s

When I was training for a triathlon a number of years ago, I was out running and this car with a couple of women in it kept circling past me. Probably 4-5 times while I was out running. Cat calls, even a few honks of the horn with whistles. Some women can be just as aggressive as men.

Unless you think they were armed and about to cause you bodily harm it’s not the same
  • TwitchyMacGee
    I might try

running

outside

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

One of my instances happened on a well-travelled hiking trail and one on a country backroad and i had to back up into the bushes/ ditch to keep a safe distance from the truck and i said things like, “I live right there. My husband is waiting for me.”

Both times were truly frightening. When I lived in the city I got stares and catcalls but this isolation makes it much more menacing. And I don’t doubt they’d consider leaving their trucks for an easy opportunity.

If someone's determined, they'll find a way. Sucks that people have it in their heads to threaten, or harm another.

Hopefully you can find a safe way to exercise.

Thank you. I’m working on it
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I might try

running

outside

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

Oh I don't doubt they would leave their trucks for an easy opportunity on the road. That's exactly why I don't run along roads. I just meant that they are less likely to be leaving their trucks and walking miles down a trail just for the purpose of harassing women who may not even be there. Harassing women on the road is often an opportunistic thing, not necessarily planned. It's impulsive. They see a target and they react.

One time when I was getting a backpacking permit, a forest ranger told me to make sure I camp at least a few miles down the trail from any road. Shady stuff happens near roads because not only are most of these guys not wanting to to do a lot of work to find their victims, but they want a quick get away.

I've had only one run-in with a creeper on a trail in decades of running, so I know they exist. But that's infrequent. The obnoxious catcalls and verbal abuse happen constantly on busier roads. Then there are the frightening guys on the less busy roads who like to stalk you and swear at you and chase you down when you say no thanks to their offer of a ride.

Stay safe out there!
  • TwitchyMacGee
    I might try

running

outside

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

When I was training for a triathlon a number of years ago, I was out running and this car with a couple of women in it kept circling past me. Probably 4-5 times while I was out running. Cat calls, even a few honks of the horn with whistles. Some women can be just as aggressive as men.

Unless you think they were armed and about to cause you bodily harm it’s not the same

While I didn't think they would do anything (though they did almost hit me with their car), my point was that women can be just as aggressive as men in making remarks, comments, etc. I did not take it as a compliment, and did not appreciate what they were doing.

But, I have had it where I had a truck with three women in it stalk me while driving down a busy road late at night. They passed me, slowed down, one of them hung out the window waving at me. Then, just as we were getting to a bar, they turned into it, cutting me off which forced me into the parking lot.

They parked, and I got out to *kitten* them out for pulling this stupid stunt. Two of them grabbed me and led me into the bar while the third parked my truck. One sat next to me, blocking me from leaving the booth and the other two sat across from me.

I was 17, and stupid for getting out of the truck. Luckily they gave me my keys when the third got there. I was stuck in the booth for about fifteen minutes while they were trying to convince me to go back to their place. Bartender and bouncer were nowhere to be found, and I hate to say it but the one sitting next to me was significantly larger than me and I couldn't push my way out. All of the women were bigger than I was, and at least twenty years older than me.

I finally told them that if they didn't let me out, I was going to piss my pants right there. Being that the bathrooms were slightly out of sight, I ducked down and ran for the truck and avoided that part of town for a long time. Never reported it because back then, who'd believe a 17 year old boy wouldn't want to sleep with three women? Telling this to a couple of my friends, they were like "WTF were you thinking? You could've had an orgy!". typical teenage boy BS...

So, yeah, I can relate in some fashion.

Holy *kitten*
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I'm finding it to be a bit of a mind *kitten* to be honest

Same. 😩
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited March 2020
    I feel like I’m going insane, it’s starting to happen. I was ok at first easy peasy.. now.. 😣
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Telecommuting for a few weeks...not being social in groups, distancing and reducing time in grocery stores etc...
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited March 2020
    All bars/libraries/restaurants/cinemas/etc are closed, so... staying home and fighting the boredom.

We've moved all the teaching to online, which basically means instead of giving lectures I'm writing lecture notes and everything else remains roughly the same (assuming we're back in school before finals).

This semester will be such a *kitten*, though. The younger students see it as 1+ months of spring break, the older ones are freaking out over job instability and such. Not entirely sure how to deal with either...
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    I'm collecting my retirement, but I'm still self-employed....was self-employed. I could make do on the retirement, but I've never just "made do."

Job insecurity at my age seems insane, but here it is: insanity.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I might try

running

outside

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

While I didn't think they would do anything (though they did almost hit me with their car), my point was that women can be just as aggressive as men in making remarks, comments, etc. I did not take it as a compliment, and did not appreciate what they were doing.

But, I have had it where I had a truck with three women in it stalk me while driving down a busy road late at night. They passed me, slowed down, one of them hung out the window waving at me. Then, just as we were getting to a bar, they turned into it, cutting me off which forced me into the parking lot.

They parked, and I got out to *kitten* them out for pulling this stupid stunt. Two of them grabbed me and led me into the bar while the third parked my truck. One sat next to me, blocking me from leaving the booth and the other two sat across from me.

I was 17, and stupid for getting out of the truck. Luckily they gave me my keys when the third got there. I was stuck in the booth for about fifteen minutes while they were trying to convince me to go back to their place. Bartender and bouncer were nowhere to be found, and I hate to say it but the one sitting next to me was significantly larger than me and I couldn't push my way out. All of the women were bigger than I was, and at least twenty years older than me.

I finally told them that if they didn't let me out, I was going to piss my pants right there. Being that the bathrooms were slightly out of sight, I ducked down and ran for the truck and avoided that part of town for a long time. Never reported it because back then, who'd believe a 17 year old boy wouldn't want to sleep with three women? Telling this to a couple of my friends, they were like "WTF were you thinking? You could've had an orgy!". typical teenage boy BS...

So, yeah, I can relate in some fashion.

I cannot relate to this even slightly. Not that i think you're wrong, or should have done something sexual with these women....its just something that i cannot comprehend happening. i have encountered aggressive women as well as men. Can never say i ever felt compromised to a point that i could not impose my will. At least from the age of which you described until present. As a young kid sure.

Makes me think about the movie i just saw the other day, Once upon a Time In Hollywood.......the ending of that movie is always how i imagined it should have ended when 3 hippies, 2 being slightly built females with knives, break into a home and confront 4 young adults, 2 being men. Unfortunately the reality is, most people are not prepared to fight for their life.

Nothing wrong with your not being able to relate. You grew up in your life, while I grew up in mine. Doesn't mean either of us are wrong. Whether you believe it or not, this is true and what happened as I was a different kind of person back then. However, your comments are in line with those who doubted me back then and why a lot of men do not report abuse or rape.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Im glad I still have a job (for now). And I appreciate it more.

I feel kinda bad I didn't visit my mom 'that one time' before the heavy "social distancing" became so mainstream important.

As of the past week or 2, I feel it to be socially taboo to go out to a store and not wear a mask and gloves, like people are looking at me like I have the plague and I'm a bad person if I don't

I never in my life thought I may get fined for walking/running in a park, or being in close proximity to other people...now I'm confused at what distance I have to stay away from people to not get a $750 -$10,000 fine.

People can't see my friendly facial expression behind my mask (when I am friendly - I was enjoying smirking and sneering a bit today)

...I feel like I (we are) living in a sci-fi movie plot - and sometimes worry I may be insane or delusional

...thinking about a lot of *kitten* I took for granted before

...feeling paranoid that its 'unreal' and I'm a "sheeple"
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    everyone in this house sits around looking at each other a lot like this:

camera-up-my-dick.gif

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    everyone in this house sits around looking at each other a lot like this:

camera-up-my-dick.gif

My kids..

98ijjldjew54.gif
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I feel like I’m going insane, it’s starting to happen. I was ok at first easy peasy.. now.. 😣

Same. And this was from March 28th. How are you managing?