Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Positivity from Coronavirus

Replies

• BMcC9BMcC9 Posts: 2,972Member Member Posts: 2,972Member Member
    NSV - fitbit says that I just earned my "Skydiver badge" related to lifetime total of stairs climbed. What fitbit (or equivalent) badges do you have?

I wonder if there is a "get into orbit" badge if you are at this long enough? B)
  • Elise4270Elise4270 Posts: 7,795Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,795Member, Premium Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    My husband and I have started taking daily walks, where we are talking to each other without the distraction of our electronic toys 😊

Same here! We need to start a 30 day no Corona spoken challenge.
  • debtay123debtay123 Posts: 1,222Member Member Posts: 1,222Member Member
    yes kids(in the family) are learning how to play "old school" games hopscrotch, jackstones, racing, etc. they are also learning that these old board games can be fun- like old maid cards, and checkers, or even paper and pencil- tic tac toe
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 14,254Member Member Posts: 14,254Member Member
    debtay123 wrote: »
    yes kids(in the family) are learning how to play "old school" games hopscrotch, jackstones, racing, etc. they are also learning that these old board games can be fun- like old maid cards, and checkers, or even paper and pencil- tic tac toe

Speaking of old school:

Long back, my dad (b. 1917) taught me hoop-rolling**, a thing that kids did for fun back in his day. I'm thinking that if we reach the point where I'm confined to my actual yard, that would be a little more fun than just walking around the yard, assuming I can find a suitable hoop around the place. :lol:

** For those of you imagining innocent pink-cheeked youths in short pants cheerily rolling something like hula hoops down the street together: No. Kids were still kids, and games were not very adult-supervised. They tended to be a little on the brutal side. They were bringing their own hoops to the school yard, competing to knock out each others' hoops, or maybe even knock them into each other's bodies. My dad reported rolling a Ford Model-T tire rim - serious potential for bruises and worse. Don't even ask about the game "Duck on a Rock" (almost close to dodge ball, but with as big a rock as each farm kid could chuck). ;)

Sorry, folks: Li'l ol' lady rambling digression. :flowerforyou:
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Posts: 5,521Member Member Posts: 5,521Member Member
    Due to travelling restrictions and social distancing rules our workplace accreditation audit has been post poned. B):)

• BMcC9BMcC9 Posts: 2,972Member Member Posts: 2,972Member Member
    Due to travelling restrictions and social distancing rules our workplace accreditation audit has been post poned. B):)

Same with my April 14 second-language re-qualification test. can you tell HOWWWW disappointed I am at it being pushed back? ;)
  • dolliesdaughterdolliesdaughter Posts: 530Member Member Posts: 530Member Member
    Social Media is abuzz with "free" workout at home tips.
  • lkpduckylkpducky Posts: 10,672Member Member Posts: 10,672Member Member
    My husband has gotten back into baking bread, we've gotten a stationary bike, and we've been watching a lot of movies on Amazon Prime (a wide range of movies - "The Importance of Being Earnest" "Fantastic Voyage" and a variety of cheesy/bad movies).
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 3,132Member Member Posts: 3,132Member Member
    One inside mall has decided to close the mall. A coffee shop there has an outside door, so was able to stay open. They are selling t-shirts and gift certificates to be used at stores in the mall when they re-open. The proceeds are going to the closed participating mall stores.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 3,132Member Member Posts: 3,132Member Member
    A home health organization is making up and delivering “emergency bags” to some of their patients. Toilet paper, soap, Purell , a loaf of bread, jar of peanut butter, jar of jelly.
    My gym called yesterday. They said they won’t be taking $$ from my checking account for April since they are closed. That’s nice!
  • DanyellMcGinnisDanyellMcGinnis Posts: 310Member Member Posts: 310Member Member
    I got a puppy on March 14. I am finding it easier to house train her when I am at home all day. (Still earning my full income from home, which is also nice. Sweatpants all day long!)

I have a home gym which is how I have always worked out so that hasn't changed.
  • goldthistimegoldthistime Posts: 3,267Member Member Posts: 3,267Member Member
    We had a good quality squat rack for sale on kijiji for a couple months. They closed the gyms here and suddenly we had tons of interest. Sold it for asking price.

A less shallow observation than "I made money on kijiji" would be that I find myself caring less about appearances, and I'm finding it a whole lot easier to have a smaller footprint.
    edited March 24
  • crooked_left_hookcrooked_left_hook Posts: 364Member, Premium Member Posts: 364Member, Premium Member
    I have WAY more time to exercise and meal plan.