Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Enhancement to determine eating patterns or disorders...

camelbackhideawaycamelbackhideaway Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
* There should be a category for alcohol. There is no place to really log this. For example, I usually have a drink around 8:00. So I log as a SNACK (which it isn't) or with DINNER, which is not accurate.
* There is also should be a place to record the time of day when things are eaten. I feel there should be a place to "log your time" that you ate Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack, etc.
* I started (manual) logging of SNACKS by:
Mid-Morning: Time and what was eaten.
Mid-Afternoon: Time and what was eaten.
And a couple of places to record SNACKS at a specific time of day, to track when you cheat.

Thanks for listening...

[personal details removed by MFP mods]
edited March 19

Replies

• racinedkringle1racinedkringle1 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I'm in long-term recovery from an eating disorder. The problem in trying to track disorder behavior in this software is it's not only calories in and calories out that determines whether or not you have an eating disorder.

If someone eats what is, for them, a large meal and feels a compulsion to exercise all of those calories off ths may be a sign of an eating disorder. But the software does not know what your mental attitude was behind your calories you ate and the calories you output.

if you are concerned about your own thought patterns using the notes part of the software may be a way for you to journal your thoughts behind when you ate each meal.