Options
1234568»

Replies

• GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Attempting to give myself a bikini wax...

Dumbest idea in the world.

I do this 😬

I think I put too much wax...
    Never paid attention when I got it professionally done.

Tips?

It hurts so much worse to have it professionally done imo. They use the sticky wax that tugs on skin as much as the hair. I use brazilian hard wax. It’s sometimes a little tricky to get started (that’s where strips are preferable for sure) but the wax only clings to hair so it’s much less painful. In the interest of full disclosure ive also done about 11 rounds of laser hair removal so there isn’t much to start with. I’m really fair so that’s why the laser hair removal wasn’t completely successful. So on that note, a person with more/darker hair than me is going to find it prohibitively more painful. However if you’re just doing a bikini line wax, I think it would be totally doable. A full brazilian requires a pretty serious pep talk first. It’s not impossible though 😁

I’ve done both. For me for the full Brazilian, professional is the way to go. Just a clean up is easy at home. But of course YMMV.

If they would use hard wax I’d just do it professionally, but the recovery time blows. I do it myself at home for much cheaper and much faster recovery
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

It hurts so much worse to have it professionally done imo. They use the sticky wax that tugs on skin as much as the hair. I use brazilian hard wax. It’s sometimes a little tricky to get started (that’s where strips are preferable for sure) but the wax only clings to hair so it’s much less painful. In the interest of full disclosure ive also done about 11 rounds of laser hair removal so there isn’t much to start with. I’m really fair so that’s why the laser hair removal wasn’t completely successful. So on that note, a person with more/darker hair than me is going to find it prohibitively more painful. However if you’re just doing a bikini line wax, I think it would be totally doable. A full brazilian requires a pretty serious pep talk first. It’s not impossible though 😁

I don't think I could do it, no matter how much of a prep talk there is. But, it's also a little different. :p
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    not saving pics when mfp celebrated thong thursdays
  • GettinLean19
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

I don't think I could do it, no matter how much of a prep talk there is. But, it's also a little different. :p

Thank god for that!
  • heartattackspecial
    heartattackspecial Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    One time I wore really tight jeans to an all day event. I couldn’t fart for seven days after that.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

Thank god for that!

When I first started shaving head, I thought I'd see if could wax it. Nope! Lesson learned.

So, utmost of respect for you women who wax down there.
  • GettinLean19
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

Thank god for that!

When I first started shaving head, I thought I'd see if could wax it. Nope! Lesson learned.

I promise you it would be worse to wax your head 😳😳
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

Thank god for that!

I don't know if I want to find out what it's like to have my bits waxed. Sometimes the lightest flick can be the most painful. :scream:
  • GettinLean19
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

Thank god for that!

I don't know if I want to find out what it's like to have my bits waxed. Sometimes the lightest flick can be the most painful. :scream:

Haaa! I shouldve specified for whom. I mean for a female 😂
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

My place specializes in the ten minute Brazilian and they do men too. 😁
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    A flat top/ crew cut type hair cut I got when I was 20.. :# it was a shocker, but then that's what I was going for at the time. :D
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    A flat top/ crew cut type hair cut I got when I was 20.. :# it was a shocker, but then that's what I was going for at the time. :D

pics 😁
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

pics 😁

😃 yeah.. nahhh.
    I couldn't if I wanted to, lost most old pics in the big 2015 floods 😔
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

pics 😁

😃 yeah.. nahhh.

Oh I’m sorry 😕❤️
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

My place specializes in the ten minute Brazilian and they do men too. 😁

Above, I could tolerate. But, can’t even think of the sheer pain of on the.. no. Someone would have to revive me
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

pics 😁

😃 yeah.. nahhh.

Oh I’m sorry 😕❤️

Thanks, losing my kids baby pics hurt. 😔 My son lost his house (rented) .. it just floated away with everything he owned in it.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I do this 😬

Tips?

I'm a former hairdresser/esthetician, so have done waxing on others & myself. For home, Sally's Beauty carries a product called GiGi Anesthetic Numbing Spray for $11. The difference is 100%... no removal pain after using the spray. I don't know why many salons don't use a numbing spray... their clients would be so much more comfortable. Cost, I'd imagine.

It does, however, leave an oily film once sprayed, so let it stay on for a few minutes, then wipe off with a damp cloth/paper towel, so it doesn't prevent wax from sticking. Do a small test area first to ensure your wax still sticks... if not, wash area after spraying with soap/water.

It's worth a try, particularly with Sally's liberal return policy. Just make sure you ask or read the receipt for days you're able to return... some, but very few products can only be returned for 14-days. I believe this one is 60 or 90, but I forget. It changes occasionally.

Good luck!
  • JoeyTheWanderer
    JoeyTheWanderer Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ouch that sucks Jo. While not as devastating as what you went through we had a somewhat similar situation happen. We owned a condo that stuck with our family for about ten years; at least until the company had decided to sell it right out from under us. Worse due to the recession around 2008 we were forced to refinance. This resulted in a federal loan of about 30 grand worth of debt that we didn't have to pay back right away.

The greedy *kitten* tried to pay the remaining balance on the original loan but not the refinanced loan. That would essentially would leave us thirty grand in debt and without a home. Worse through a grey legal loophole they could do this.

Luckily they were in a rush and not willing to fight an uphill civil suit. So after about six months of arguing they decided to pay the thirty grand and we managed to find a three bedroom house for about fourty grand in good condition. Still there was some good memories in that condo at least up until all that happened. We also had to put one of our cats asleep about two months before the move. That was a hard year.