Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Things to keep us positive, motivated and inspired during Covid-19

ponybrownponybrown Posts: 33Member Member Posts: 33Member Member
Hi all.

During this ambiguous and uncertain time, I thought we could throw out a few stories, pieces of advice or resources to help each other stay motivated and focused-especially because we’re at home!

I recently downloaded the FitOn app and it’s fantastic and free! This app allows you to choose a workout based on categories, i.e., Yoga, HIIT etc., or based on a targeted body area + intensity level + time. There’s an option of a paid subscription for enhanced features but what’s available for free is awesome! Check it out!

Stay safe and let’s continue to be kind to each other!

Replies

• denisseeriosdenisseerios Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
    I’m trying to come up with something to keep me going. I’m thinking about finally breaking the shield and taking my workouts outside.
  • Treab123Treab123 Posts: 15Member, Premium Member Posts: 15Member, Premium Member
    This is a good shout as I work for the NHS in uk and we keep being offered free pizza 😭

I'm trying to continue being good and doing my walking using the stairs more and using my weights I got at home whilst watching tv.
  • Madwife2009Madwife2009 Posts: 1,345Member Member Posts: 1,345Member Member
    @Treab123 - I am in the UK as well and just wanted to thank you for your efforts in the NHS, keeping us as safe and well as possible, not only during this pandemic but the rest of the time as well. I once was a midwife in the NHS and know just how difficult it can be and how unappreciated you can feel. I would bring you fruit but the shops are empty :(
  • Treab123Treab123 Posts: 15Member, Premium Member Posts: 15Member, Premium Member
    I got the Joy's of working as a mental health nurse 😊 currently being redeployed and could be anywhere atm.. I got lucky and found my red chillis which i shove on everything as it makes all food spicy and hmm 🤤
  • kmiller2350kmiller2350 Posts: 28Member, Premium Member Posts: 28Member, Premium Member
    hlr1987 wrote: »
    Um, I feel a liitle blasé saying this given how awful the situation is, and how much worse its likely to get. But I was thinking for a moment this morning that it's not often you get a chance to do a complete before and after with everyone in your life, having not seen them for months. I was imagining the positive comments for when I've lost weight and (I hope) see people again. Also, for me, it's alot easier to maintain healthy habits at home than going to work, and I get to spend a lot more time with my family.

I could have written that very comment. I was thinking this morning that if this thing lasts 2 months or more, the next time my coworkers see me in person I could be 10 pounds lighter, or more even. Ditto on being easier to stay healthy at home. Too many people bring snacks and treats to work, so temptation is now not an option, and I can walk my dogs at lunch as opposed to when I'm at work, when I often work through lunch.
  • hmhill17hmhill17 Posts: 253Member Member Posts: 253Member Member
    I thought my kids being home would make things harder, at least in terms of exercise. Turns out, I’ve gotten extra cardio on 5 of the last 10 days just to get them out of the house.