Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Creating Recipes - Use recent food items first

jayuk1974jayuk1974 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
Hi there,

I regularly create food receipes from scratch (manually). I find it annoying and difficult to add the correct food item each time.

For example I try and use the same "Beef" item for all my food choices, where I know the nutritients are correct. But when I manually add an ingrident to a recipe it doesn't give me the option to use the recently used one, but instead gives me a list of random ones, where the nutrients are different/wrong to the one I normally use.

Can you consider changing the receipe creater to allow the user to select existing foods from recent/food list (like in the food diary), instead of performing a search and returning different items each time.

Thanks,

J.

Replies

• htebaramhtebaram Member Posts: 120 Member Member Posts: 120 Member
    Good idea.
  • jdedrick84jdedrick84 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Same. Doesn’t make any sense to me that we cannot add an item from our own foods list into a recipe, considering there are soo many entries in this database that are incorrect, or that the nutritional value has since changed.
  • paulscotttpaulscottt Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Definitely agree and I "second" this request.
  • Bronty3Bronty3 Member Posts: 97 Member Member Posts: 97 Member
    Yes! I cannot find an entry that matches my tuna in a can so I have to just have an inaccurate recipe and it drives me insane. I had to play with numbers to make it right.
  • gregforth51gregforth51 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Totally agree should be able to access My Foods first. So tedious otherwise. Sort of devalues all the work we put into getting My Foods correct. Its becoming a reason to look at alternative apps.