Accountability buddy

Options

Replies

• ktdoraohara
    ktdoraohara Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I am trying to lose 30lbs, actually no, I am going to lose 30lbs. My fitness goal is to be able to participate confidently in a road race in August. I have been a yo yo dieter in the past and I need an accountability buddy! My goals are to exercise twice a day (once on my bike and once either running or walking) and stick to my calorie goals. I eat healthy foods, just too much of them! My goals today are on track, going for a run at 4:15, logged everything thus far, and already got a ride in. What are your goals?
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I managed not to eat this evening after 6pm........I'm commenting here instead. WOOHOO!! Thanks folks.

I was due to start a new job soon, but it's fallen through due to Covid. Back to the drawing board and interview on Friday for another job. Please cross your fingers for me.
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @Cerizez well done!!!!! :) keep commenting instead of eating!!!

Sorry about the job, but the next one may be even better!!!
  • ajara13
    ajara13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40 pounds and would love friends to chat with.
  • kiay131982
    Options
    @ajara13 welcome!!! Chat away :) whereabouts in the world are you?
  • ajara13
    ajara13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m in Massachusetts.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Awesome day today. Over 20k steps. 93 active minutes. 2600 calories burned.
  • kiay131982
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »
    Awesome day today. Over 20k steps. 93 active minutes. 2600 calories burned.

Damn your steps!!!! Now I gotta catch up!!!! 🤣🤣🤣😉
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Morning all!!

So last night my teenage daughter made chocolate brownies... And my house smelt like heaven! My stomach started growling and Im like, well there goes todays spare calories then......
    I got her to write me out the ingredients so I could log it correctly... Then went to weigh the brownie and it kinda all fell apart making it hard to weigh the total thing.... So instead, because I wasnt going to be able to log it properly... I just didnt eat any!! You have no idea how hard that was when she and my husband were sat eating bowls of chocolate gooeyness!! But today I feel SO good for it!! I didnt blow it yesterday!!!

How is everyone???? Xx
  • Cerizez
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @kiay131982 - I am in awe of your self control. Amazing.

@renaegry - 20k steps!! that's spectacular.

I'm become swamped with work and projects, so am much more sedentary than normal. To combat that, I'm doing 100 jumping jacks and 10 L-sit exercises every hour on the hour to get the heart rate up. There's another wall-chart up to make sure I get these in: aiming for 10 sets a day.

• lynne792017
    lynne792017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thank you for welcoming me to the group!! I already felt drawn to see what everyone else posted and came back this morning. Keep up the good work everyone. Knowing you are all here will help me be stronger.
  • millsb05
    millsb05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Love the idea of a support system! I am 38, weigh about 148 pounds. I am typically around 128. I exercise 4-5 times a week, but have just gotten into some bad eating habits! It seems like a lot of people in this group chat are looking for an “accountability buddy?” I know for me I need someone to check in with at the end of each day to hold me accountable! Anyone else??
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    hey everyone. I'm Roz im 26 from England. would love to join in here. I'm aiming for another 20 lbs as my goal x
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So excited to check in here this am! You guys are so inspiring!
    Self control like crazy! And I love that kaia- you added how proud of yourself you were. Such a mental win and so inspiring!

Great ways to move in the midst of business craziness ceriziz and

adding steps like a boss- renaegry- Wow!

My win wasn’t as monumental, but knowing I had to check in here today - I did track everything yesterday. This is great!
    Keep it up you guys!!!!
    I’ll be back tomorrow am!
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It really seems like pizza 🍕 was the way to go this past weekend. What are your favorite toppings? Mine was thin crust and Chicken, Broccoli & Tomato with light sauce. Was pretty good.

With working 11 hours the first 2 days of this week, I didn’t get a workout in. Yesterday was a good cardio blast and today I’m off, so I started with some yoga, I’ll get the kids settled with their class work, get a strength training session in and then I have to run out to the grocer (they used all my creamer and I’m almost out of coffee☕…. nooooooo!)

@kiay131982 - Give yourself a few days without the scale & before you step on it, take note of how you feel & how your clothes are feeling. Sometimes those numbers are disheartening when we are really showing progress physically. Good job on avoiding that brownie. 👍 We had ⅔ cup apple pie filling warmed up and ¼ cup granola topped on it for desert last night.

@PatriceFitnessPal - What version of Cauliflower pizza did you use? I haven’t found a frozen pre-bought one that I’ve liked. I’m gonna have to try my hand at a self made cauliflower crust. I have some Zucchini I bought and I was gonna make that my base for some mini ones for lunch… like bagel bites. Where is your son going to college? My daughter is a junior and starting to look at some, but she doesn’t know what major she wants to study & all she cares about is the softball team.

@Renaegry - that’s awesome to hear the scale dropped … how are you feeling?

@TeriKollerKaeding - I feel your pain with the junk food. My kids cook for themselves, because they are too damn picky. We started long ago, that I make 1 meal & if they don’t want it, they are on their own. My youngest (whose 12 now) always helped me when I was in the kitchen and tells me that’s how she learned math. She had to learn to read recipes and double them or reduce them. So she doesn’t mind cooking her own food & she’s a bit more adventurous, but like most kids, still wants JUNK. I don’t buy too much junk, since I do the grocery shopping & if there is something they want specifically, they have to give me a list on my grocery day or wait till next time. So it’s just hubby and I that eat my cooking & then he always wants something sweet🍪.

@cerizez - I need to take a page from your book. After two 11 hour days in a row with no workout (desk job) I didn’t get much movement in. But your idea of jumping jacks and L sides on the hour sounds like a good idea. I just need to find something I can do in the office between patients. Hmmmm…. Wheels are turning ….

Welcome @lynne792017, @misslolabird , @ktdoraohara , @ajara13 , @millsb05 & @roz0810…. We’re glad you’re here! 😁

Well this became longer than I anticipated but I didn’t want to forget anyone and if I did.. I’m PROUD of you!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    My favourite pizza topping.... Tuna, red onion and green pepper.. :) random but it does it for me :)

Having a good day here so far, took my daughter (15) out on a run, it felt good to realise that although she may be initially faster than me, I'm definitely better at stamina :) we did 7k but had to walk some of it so she didnt collapse :)

Hubby is cooking pasta tonight, its just carbs and calories.. Argh. I will half my portion and fill my plate with salad.... How does everyone else get around carb overloaded meals? My kids LIVE for pasta. So we have at least one pasta meal a week.... Last week I swapped my pasta out for potato...
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    thank you for the kind welcome ❤️ I appreciate it ☺️

hey kiay, i love my carbs but again like you said half your portion. I always half it and save some for the next day if its like pasta or rice etc.

i love cauliflower pizza bases. when I was on keto last year it was one of my go tos.

Currently i am just calorie counting and exercising. Keeping it simple.
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Woah!!! Where is everyone?? Normally I wake to up 5 or 6 messages!!!
    Dont fall behind now people, it's almost the weekend!
    Its weigh day for me tomorrow so an extra incentive to stay fully on track. Ive got class with my PT this morning then Im just going to keep moving ALL day.... 😁
  • Cerizez
    Options
    @kiay131982 good luck with your day!

• kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 2- happy to report I tracked everything again because of this group. Missed a workout this am, so will report back as I try to work one in. Have a great day guys. You are amazing!