Accountability buddy

Replies

• LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    Happy to have accountability pals! I need them as well. Feel free to add me!
  • sammiamm1129
    sammiamm1129 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all! I have recently joined a gym and am looking to lose at least 35 pounds. I had to drop out of an assessment session with a trainer yesterday after only 15 minutes! I think I have used food (especially breads, sweets, and combinations of the two like pastries) to fill the void because I have been in recovery for 2 years. I am looking to kick this addiction too and I need help staying on top of it!
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Welcome you guys! Samiamm, LMBellaDonna and kell2912- glad you are here! Everyone checks in when they can, posts their own personal short term and long term goals and then just encourage each other. We share struggles and achievements and comments people make to one another seem to help to give perspective and encouragement
    Samiamm- congratulations on 2 years recovery! Fantastic. You can do this too. Each day and each decision matters. You can do this.
    Kell2912- diabetes isn’t no joke and you’re making the right move with a focus on your health. Way to go!!!

This morning- I did not feel like working out. But a good friend of mine told me on the beginning of my health journey- you’ll never regret a workout once it’s over. So walking to my start spot for my fun now. I know I won’t regret it.

Have a good day guys
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I’ve been on since 2009, but took a 4 year break, because life happened. But I’m back.
  • kstpierre52020
    Welcome back! Let us know what you want to accomplish and then check in to tell us how it’s going!
  • makingnewstarts
    makingnewstarts Posts: 10 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me! I’m trying to lose weight because I finished my first year of uni in March and the “freshers 5kg” became the freshers 10kg and now I’ve put on another 3kg in lockdown...
    i did lose about 4kg in a month or so last month but I’ve gained it back again and could do with someone checking in on me so please please add me if that’s something you could help with.
  • kstpierre52020
    Makingnewstarts- welcome! Everyone is encouraged to post their own long and short term goals. And comment to encourage each other. Glad you’re here.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all. Starting back at it slowly. Hard core September 1. Definitely feel like crap and I don’t like it. Goal this week is to hit my water goal everyday. It’s the one thing I have slacked off with this summer.
  • cherrybomb28
    cherrybomb28 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hey! I'm a bit of a weight yo-yoer and am looking for some accountability buddies, I am struggling not to over eat with working from home, and lockdown boredom! I need some help to keep me accountable to track my food daily, and am happy to return the favour! I have about 10kg to loose, am 34yrs old, mostly vegan, live in Melbourne, and love trail running, roller skating, and F45!
  • LadyTalty
    LadyTalty Posts: 29 Member
    Gonna add some of you people as you all look amazing!!!!
  • kstpierre52020
    You guys- I need to be super transparent - weigh in day today and I just hit a new high! Mentally coaching myself to be kind to myself, but I’m not happy. I know what I did wrong. Feel like I know what times of day are hardest. This all food related because exercise remains steady. The thing that is freaking me out the most is that mentally, and intellectually I know what to do right, I know that good choices feel really good, but I’ve had setbacks like this before and discussed them here, and rebounded. But when I look at the overall trend- it’s been maintenance at abut 6-8 lbs more than my goal and now creeping upward. I feel like I have this rebellious part of me that makes small concessions here and there and is sabotaging the on track, intellectually on it part of me. So here I am again, asking myself “what am I committed to?”
    I was within 6 lbs of my target. Now I’m 10lbs away.
    I’m committed to starting anew.
    I’m committed to not giving up.
    This week, I will track each day
    I will actually take some time to go by myself and practice mindfulness in the late afternoon to recharge and give me focus before going into the kitchen in the evening
    I will eat light at dinner and go to bed feeling slightly hungry instead of too full.

I can’t give up. I will find my maintenance lifestyle in my target goal range.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    I would be glad to encourage and be encouraged. I have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • I could use someone to hold me accountable too! Im doing well with the weight loss but need to stay focused otherwise i skip days and don't make time to log my food intake. Grr!!
  • renaegry
    Didn’t quite hit my water goal of 80oz yesterday. Got about 60oz. But did hit my 10,000 steps. Today’s goal is the same. Drink my water and will try to get those steps in.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    @kstpierre52020 don't let the setbacks get you down. I know that I do better when I am in more of a positive frame of mind rather than beating myself up or punishing myself. The self analyzing is tough but keep it up! Get to the core reason and work on them. A coworker of mine brought me a piece of chocolate cake the other morning because I was having a bad day. I ate that damn thing, all the while thinking that I didn't even want it and it didn't taste that great. I ate it anyway. How messed up is that? But, I really had a talk with myself (yes, I'm mildly insane) and realized that I was just wanting to feel comforted and satisfied, and I would have felt badly if I threw it away. These are my problems. The good news is that we are at a place where we CAN recognize the issue so we're halfway there. Keep up the hard work and continue the self reflection. You got this, I promise.

@renaegry that's great that you are starting with just a couple of smaller goals to get back on track. Sometimes we overwhelm ourselves with restrictions, too many goals or goals that are set too high. I'm getting back to taking a lap around our office building every time I get up to go to the bathroom. That has helped me not be so sedentary in the past, so I'm trying to get back there. Make sure you give yourself a mental high five when you hit your accomplishments.

My daughter and I made some questionable food choices this past weekend. We had dessert on Friday and Sunday and pizza with soft drinks on Saturday. We didn't go off the deep end, but it is perpetuating my sugar cravings. After dessert yesterday, I drank a whole bottle of kombucha and I am going to dessert detox this week. Of course, my boss brought in a big bag of assorted Hershey mini bars that sits in our department right outside my office this morning. It will be ok. I will remind myself that I generally feel really bloated and sluggish after sweets and try to get over this binge.

Have a great week everyone!
  • renaegry
    Didn’t quite hit my water goal yesterday but got in around 52oz. Hit my step goal. Went for a 6.6 km walk after supper. Did 12K steps yesterday.
  • daniel_mdsn28
    daniel_mdsn28 Posts: 10 Member
    If anyone needs a accountability buddy feel free to add me
  • kstpierre52020
    2 day streak. Feels good. Heading into the middle/end of the week where I sometimes slip. But I will eat mindfully. Track. And have a good report come Monday morning. May check in here often just to be accountable as I go through the next 5 days....
  • dietingright
    dietingright Posts: 8 Member
    I REALLY need a buddy to hold me accountable! I’ve gained 30 plus lbs during Covid 19 and really need help! I am a newbie to this community group and could really use some encouragement, thank you all!
  • kstpierre52020
    Hey there, dietingright - this is a good place for you. Just post your daily, weekly and/or more long term goals and we’ll be here to listen and support you. Then, write back as often as you’d like and tell us how it’s going. Take each day as it comes, hit your mini goals and you’ll be back on track soon. Commit to making the change and you’ll be feeling better soon. Glad you’re here.