Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Accountability buddy

1293031323335»

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPalPatriceFitnessPal Member Posts: 87 Member Member Posts: 87 Member
    @sycosimps - Welcome! Did you log your food and exercise today? There’s still time ...
  • AustinetcAustinetc Member, Premium Posts: 74 Member Member, Premium Posts: 74 Member
    New to this post. Day seven of another weight loss effort. It was a good week. Walked the traditional 5 kilometer route six days in a row. Began having to stop several times to relieve back pain. Yesterday didn't think of stopping, though there is still some pain. Counted calories, ate healthy, and measured exercises with Apple Watch. Got flu and shingles#1 shots. Need to ignore long term goals and try keeping my focus on One Day (One Hour?) at a Time.
  • PatriceFitnessPalPatriceFitnessPal Member Posts: 87 Member Member Posts: 87 Member
    @Austinetc - What a terrific week! Congratulations on all your accomplishments. I’m with you ... each hour, or even minute, is more important than “someday” or “tomorrow.” I like to think of every decision as an opportunity to make the right choice. You’ll get there one walk at a time! Maybe your back pain will even subside as you reduce your weight ... and your core gets stronger. Check back regularly and let us know how you’re doing in reaching your short-term goals. You might want to bookmark this thread so you can report your progress and we can support you along your journey.
  • AustinetcAustinetc Member, Premium Posts: 74 Member Member, Premium Posts: 74 Member
    Well, the power of NEW! Replaced my old very expensive walking shoes with new very expensive walking shoes. The back pain is mostly memory and my pace improved by over a minute per mile. Some of that was of course that it was day seven of renewed walking, but certainly some was the new shoes. The old shoes lasted nearly two years (and 15+ countries). The downside is that I walked beyond my fitness level and am now very sore. But progress is motivation to seek more progress. I have no interest in screwing things up by eating too much.
  • carriestrinecarriestrine Member Posts: 162 Member Member Posts: 162 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been so busy with work, and I was impacted by the intense wildfire smoke in California. It was one crisis too many for this chick 😂... thankful for the sea air pushing back the smoke a bit. I'm sorry for the long time its been since I've checked in. I enjoy this group's approach and consistency, and try to keep up reading posts. You all inspire me and remind me I'm not alone!

Hello and welcome to those of you new to the thread, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm inspired when I log in and see people's updates!

I experienced a tough plateau in August but have finally gotten past that by re-estimating my daily calorie goal. I didn't realize this is something that I would need to change after losing a certain amount. Very tough after setting good habits to have to cut further, but its going ok now.

Here's the big/great news: I hit my first major goal this week, and after 6+ months in have made it to Onederland. I'm over 35lbs down, and I have lost 4.5" inches in my waist, as well as 4" from my hips.

My next big goal is to reach 185lbs. I was very healthy and happy at that weight about 15 years ago. Although its not technically a "healthy" BMI, I'm hoping I might rest on my laurels and maintain there for a bit before deciding if I'm done losing.

This week I'm focused on more accurately hitting my daily calorie and protein goals, as well as getting back to my workouts (so long as the air remains safe). Back to basics!
  • carriestrinecarriestrine Member Posts: 162 Member Member Posts: 162 Member
    Austinetc wrote: »
    Well, the power of NEW! Replaced my old very expensive walking shoes with new very expensive walking shoes. The back pain is mostly memory and my pace improved by over a minute per mile. Some of that was of course that it was day seven of renewed walking, but certainly some was the new shoes. The old shoes lasted nearly two years (and 15+ countries). The downside is that I walked beyond my fitness level and am now very sore. But progress is motivation to seek more progress. I have no interest in screwing things up by eating too much.

Its amazing what a new properly fitting pair of shoes will do for us.

I very much mind when I get sore from pushing myself--rest up before getting back to it. Soon enough we get stronger!
    @carriestrine - I’m sorry that you are in such close proximity to the wildfires. It’s scary and sad to hear about all the suffering, especially amidst the many other ongoing crises that everyone is experiencing these days. At least we are all here to focus on some type of personal improvement that might give us a small semblance of control.

I appreciate this space as an opportunity to find and share support while making strides toward achieving individual goals. It may not change the world immediately but if we all try to be better people, I feel more optimistic about everyone’s future! Thanks for contributing such uplifting stories of your progress @carriestrine and @Austinetc!

The power of small changes (leading to big results) is so clearly illustrated in your example of the new sneakers, @Austinetc. Positive momentum seems to keep building with each step so it’s worth investing in small manageable progress ... and it sure beats feeding a negative spiral! Congratulations!

Wow! What a huge difference in inches @carriestrine. That’s a transformation. There is so much to celebrate! Great job 🏅... I’m inspired!

My goal is to get under 140 pounds by the end of the month. I’m at 142 now and on a slow but steady pace. Although I’m not sure I’ll reach that goal at my current rate (about half a pound per week), I feel confident that I’ll be at a normal BMI (145 for my height) for my next physical on October 7th, so that feels good enough for now. Under 140 would be nice though ... My rowing is a bit interrupted this week by a dentist appointment and some work meetings but I’ll be able to get on the water for sculling at least three days (maybe four 🤞).

We won our first soccer game last night (5-0?). The league is taking some precautions so it was a little slower pace, which worked well for me 😃. We’re mainly playing for fun and exercise and not worrying about the score, but some of the players can get intense during a typical season. My teammates are wonderful people and it was so nice to connect. It almost felt normal despite masks and other changes. My generous teammates continued to pass the ball to me even though I mess up about 50 percent of the time. Some things never change! 😂🤣😂 Enjoy the week, Accountability buddies ... and go get those goals. Let us know how you’re doing. We’re all working on different goals but we’re in this together. I’m pulling for you!
    edited September 22
  • renaegryrenaegry Member, Premium Posts: 1,014 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,014 Member
    Good evening all. Been awhile since I posted. Got back at it after the long weekend. Gained 10 lbs over summer. Have lost a few already. Have 25 lbs I would love to lose by next aug. (step brother is getting married). Today was a good day. Got in my power day (doing a step bet challenge). Did a set of bench presses and bicep curls. And maybe when I get home will do some squats and abs. Or I may just get in a Fitbit workout tomorrow. Eating is good today (so far).