Accountability buddy

Replies

• pastelunicornxanaxskittlevirus
    edited April 2020
    I'd love some accountability buddies also!😊 Have 15-20lbs to lose. 27y/o I'm a shortie, just over 5'2. Just joined recently. Newbie from Ontario 🇨🇦 Anyone feel free to add me (:
    Today (day 1 of getting back on track!) goals are:
    *do at least one 10 min exercise video, probs fitnessblender--great YouTube channel. Might do the 10 minute abs.
    *stick to under 1200cals
    *Don't eat after 8pm. Trying to prevent my evening 'binges' that cause my total to go waay over
    Happy Easter & good luck everyone!😀 Xo
  • As_ve
    As_ve Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2020
    @LJRS2019 @PatriceFitnessPal @goingape @kiay131982 Congratulations on the weight loss! You're killing it. B)

@jvando74 Thank you for the wonderful advice. I will try to focus on doing something else in the evening. This group really helps me to stay motivated and keep myself accountable.

@goingape You are doing the right thing. During this pandemic it is very important to take care of yourself and your family. The spring time helps me to be more active too. I wish you the best of luck.

@kiay131982 Wooow, you exercise quite a lot! I find this very impressive tbh. Apart from my daily walk, I hardly exercise more than 3x a week. I like to run or to go to a yoga class.

I wish everyone a happy Easter and I hope next week all your goals will come through. ;)

For next week I will have 3 health goals:
    1. Intermittent fasting 12:00-20:00
    2. Run 3x a week and do my daily walk
    3. No soft drinks or alcohol
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    @LJRS2019 @PatriceFitnessPal @goingape @kiay131982 Congratulations on the weight loss! You're killing it. B)

@jvando74 Thank you for the wonderful advice. I will try to focus on doing something else in the evening. This group really helps me to stay motivated and keep myself accountable.

@goingape You are doing the right thing. During this pandemic it is very important to take care of yourself and your family. The spring time helps me to be more active too. I wish you the best of luck.

@kiay131982 Wooow, you exercise quite a lot! I find this very impressive tbh. Apart from my daily walk, I hardly exercise more than 3x a week. I like to run or to go to a yoga class.

I wish everyone a happy Easter and I hope next week all your goals will come through. ;)

For next week I will have 3 health goals:
    1. Intermittent fasting 12:00-20:00
    2. Run 3x a week and do my daily walk
    3. No soft drinks or alcohol

Ive been slowly building it up, I used to run and then had an injury that took me out for about 8 or 9 months... So I started seeing my PT and doing strength work back in September. I started the aerial class about the same time. But I wasnt really seeing any changes on the scales even after 6 months... So in March I started running again, so Im building that back up now. And only kickstarted counting calories this month after a few months off.

Im impressed with people that can fast.. Honestly if I dont eat breakfast I would bite someones head off... :)
  • LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member
    @kiay131982 well done on starting running again. I thought I wanted to run but I'm quite happy with building up my mileage for walking. Do you follow a training program?
    @Astrid_Vervoort those are good goals. How do you find If? Does it help?

I have decided that I am changing my weigh in to a Monday because it aligns it with my weekly sub goals.

Total weight loss is 9.2lb

This week's goals
    1.lose 2lb
    2.build up mileage to 5 miles per walk
    3. Complete the recommended 6 hours of study towards my personal training qualification
    4. Build up to 100g of protein
  • kiay131982
    LJRS2019 wrote: »
    @kiay131982 well done on starting running again. I thought I wanted to run but I'm quite happy with building up my mileage for walking. Do you follow a training program?
    @Astrid_Vervoort those are good goals. How do you find If? Does it help?

I have decided that I am changing my weigh in to a Monday because it aligns it with my weekly sub goals.

Total weight loss is 9.2lb

This week's goals
    1.lose 2lb
    2.build up mileage to 5 miles per walk
    3. Complete the recommended 6 hours of study towards my personal training qualification
    4. Build up to 100g of protein

I followed the Zombies Run 5k and then 10k training programmes when I first started running. I had tried the couch to 5k several times and never made it to the end... But I love the zombie one! Now I just run with the zombie app, Im not up to a full 5k of solid running again yet but i will get there.
  • aine891
    aine891 Posts: 7 Member
    I’d love someone to join me to keep me accountable daily. Im 30 and have 10kg to lose 😳
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    @LJRS2019
    Congrats on the BF% loss. That’s great to see! Like you, I chose Monday’s to be my weigh in because it will keep me accountable for the weekend.
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    (even though I can certainly eat 200 calories more easily than burn them! 😊).
    – DON’T WE ALL KNOW IT!

Welcome @chipsjain & @goingape & @pastelunicornxanaxskittlevirus & @aine891

@goingape … Those decluttering tasks are a workout in themselves & keeps us from the kitchen! I’ve been slowly doing the same throughout my house. I never realized how much crap can accumulate.

@kiay131982 … before lockdown it was 45 minute weight training sessions 6 days a week. . . Now I am just trying to find something to keep me interested with the gyms being closed… I downloaded Beachbody on Demand, but when I am home I get easily distracted by kids school work, dinner preperations, laundry, vacuuming… I just don’t have the will power for home workouts when everyone and everything else needs attention. I’m trying though. New Mindset needs learned.

Goals for this week
    * Hone in on no late night snacking... meaning I have to get my butt in bed by 9:30... otherwise I find myself looking for my next meal
    * Beachbody Program daily! I gotta get better at dedicating time for this.
    This week showed no weight loss, but I have noticed some change in clothing... until yesterday. Even though it was sweets I snacked on.. I had extra bowls of my soup for dinner and then some dreadful tortilla chips (damn things are my enemy). But today is a new day & a new week!

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Good morning all. I’m a little late to the game. But just found this thread. I would love to jump on board. Will write a little bio of myself later on today. Must go eat and get my day started.
  • CatieMay123
    CatieMay123 Posts: 26 Member
    mnalsa83 wrote: »
    @CatieMay123 Jvando is right. Start looking at this as a journey. Muscle and fat actually weigh the same, but take up different space / volume. Instead of weighing in daily (which we tend to see the negative slow loss or gain & beat up ourselves, than acknowledge the over all picture), start taking notice in the way you feel... do you have more energy for the day, are you moving better, are you just overall in better spirits and take notice in the way your clothes are fitting. It won't happen over night, but you have to look at the whole picture, not just the numbers. And you are right... BOD is a killer!

@Kathryn78Rockdale Welcome. :)

@jvando74 & @mnalsa83 thank you for the feedback. I’m going to make a conscious decision to start weighing myself weekly. I got on the scale this morning (after I told myself I wouldn’t) and had gained a couple pounds. But I’m feeling a LOT better. I can feel myself getting stronger every day, and with the amount I’m eating with the BOD program I would be very surprised if I don’t start seeing small changes in the next month or so. I started using my Apple Watch to estimate calories burned during my workout and I burned 400 yesterday! Today is cardio, wish me luck 👏🏻

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter! What’s the plan for everyone today? Let’s burn some calories!
  • kiay131982
    @CatieMay123 I also weigh myself most days and wish I Could stop doing it! I want my official weekly weigh in to be a Saturday... How about tomorrow neither of us cave and we avoid those scales?? I might get hubby to take mine away until Sat AM.

Its 3.30pm here, good day so far, Ive been for a run, Ive stayed on track and so far I have avoided the chocolate :)
  • renaegry
    @CatieMay123 @kiay131982 I am also a daily step on the scaler and find it very discouraging. I am going to step on it in the morning. My hubby is off to work for 10 days. My goal is to not step onto it till he is home the next Friday. I think I am actually going to take the scale and put it in my closet or under my bed.
  • renaegry
    A bit about myself. I’m married, will be 43 and have 2 kids. Son will be 15 in October and daughter turned 12 in March. I enjoy jogging (need to get back into it) and brisk walking. I also have a weight bench set and enjoy lifting and doing Fitbit workouts. Need to lose 20 lbs and tone up.

Goal this week is 2 days of cardio and 3 working out.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    It was pouring rain today so I didn’t run outside. I did some planning and set up physical therapy appointments for my shoulder impingement. I also found out the personal trainer is now set up to work virtually. So, I’ll count today as a rest day and refocus myself in the morning. My goal is to start with a run and possibly do a virtual workout with the other rowers. Some of our rowing group members have been very dedicated to continuing the ‘winter’ conditioning, but I’ve had spotty participation.

We were supposed to get back out on the water in March but (of course) the boathouse is closed now. So, the group members circulate various exercise routines and a core group gets together via Zoom a couple of times each week for joint exercise ... and a virtual coffee (virtual) get-together one day per week. Many of them aren’t working - and my work was a bit busier than usual with all the changes to distance learning and telehealth - so I haven’t been able to meet with them. I’ll try tomorrow though .... It’s a great group of people so I want to try to stay connected and hope we can get on the river for some (crew) rowing sometime soon (Summer? Fall?) Anyway, it will be running and a workout 🏋️‍♀️ for me in the morning.

For those of you starting out earlier than me ... Go tackle those goals and let us know how you’re doing so we can build on your momentum!
  • kiay131982
    Morning all! Feeling focussed today :)
    I have an online gym class at 10am and then at some point I will do an hour walking with the dog :)
    We've got this team!!!! :)
  • kiay131982
    Also... Would anybody who is my friend be willing to open up their food diaries so I can see what they're eating? I find that so helpful!! But everyone's food diary is closed x
  • LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    Also... Would anybody who is my friend be willing to open up their food diaries so I can see what they're eating? I find that so helpful!! But everyone's food diary is closed x

I will, how do I do it?
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal ... We have a boathouse 🚣 local near us and it's really cool to watch them out on the water working as a team. I can't wait for the beaches to open and the warm weather so I can get my paddleboard back out on the water. I hope you can get to meet for virtual coffee ☕ today with them.

@kiay131982 My diary is open... though yesterday was a pretty low day, which is not usual.

@LJRS2019 go to your Settings > under Account Settings > Diary Settings > at the very bottom is Diary Sharing. You can make it public to anyone or public to just your friends.

Today seems to be a sunnier 🌞 day, not sure about the temperature yet... Since injuring my toe last week, I haven't done any walking outside since I didn't want to over do it. It is feeling much better and I may try a short distance walk and see how it manages. I have been trying to to do my BOD daily (with the exception of Sundays)... I am so out of shape from a cardio standpoint.

Today's goals :
    AM Yoga
    Home School Projects / Videos Assignments
    Walk around the neighborhood
    Cook Dinner
    Laundry away
    Vacuum the house
    BOD Workout.

LET'S GET ACCOMPLISHED! WE GOT THIS!
  • renaegry
    Morning all. Up early hubby is heading to work for 10 days. Plan today is a workout and 1 or 2 brisk walks. Suppose to warm up to -4C today. Also need to get some work done today (I do book keeping for companies out of my home)

@kiay131982 I will open my diary. Maybe it will keep me more accountable if I know people can see what I’m eating.

• renaegry
    Does anyone have a Fitbit? I love doing the the challenges they have.
  • kiay131982
    renaegry wrote: »
    Does anyone have a Fitbit? I love doing the the challenges they have.

I have a fitbit... Happy to link up and do challenges if you like?!
    Thankyou to those that opened their diaries! It really does make me feel more accountable knowing people can see... I also find it useful if Im struggling to get inspriation or see how others manage their allowance.

Ive done a gym workout this morning and plan to go out for a walk later on. Im starving (im not.... 🤣) but hubby has been batch cooking soups and a bolognese all day and my house smells AMAZING!!