• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Barbie - :o:D:o:D Happy for Jake <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Rainy day here today. Finally slowed up and signs of clearing. Will head out for a walk in a bit. Had exceedingly lazy day yesterday except for my walk. Got a few things done today-a bit of cleaning, a bit of work.

@bananasandoranges - I find your description of the whole thing to be tiring is very accurate. My youngest son has dropped over three times since the whole thing started. We predominantly talk outside. For his birthday/mothers day I am going to buy some steaks from a local butcher and he and gf will come over and grill outside. He is respectful of 6' distance. He even said I can pull car out of garage and we can set up separated card tables--may just do that, especially if weather is decent. I have had phone calls, etc., for work but I miss being able to drop into someone's office and have a real discussion. It is tiring wondering when we go to our new normal.

Governor will put forward plan tomorrow for reopening. After that will have a better picture of what we are looking at. Hopefully some of the questions will be answer. Just now really getting testing in our county -up to 32 cases today and one official death. I think closing when we did has helped.

Yesterday for something different I order a sub from Subway on line and went and picked it up. It is the first thing I have ordered out. @barbiecat - that picture of the pizza has me thinking about what my second order out will be! However, I have crockpot chicken fajitas I cooked a couple of days ago and I will finish that before going for pizza.

Going to go get another couple of things done before walk.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)Ginny, for me, the biggest draw for getting pizza is that they deliver. I don't think there is another restaurant in our town that delivers. Jake suggested Chinese as an alternative (partly to be supportive of our favorite restaurant) but he can't leave the house and I didn't want to pick up take out.

:)SuziQ, your entry way is beautiful.

:) I walked with one friend at 7 AM for and hour and 45 minutes and another friend at 9:30 for 50 minutes. We watched a funny movie on Netflix with our pizza lunch and now Jake is off to take his nap. I'll finish watching a Broadway show on YouTube then walk the dogs followed by pulling weeds. Somewhere in all this, the laundry will get folded and put away.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Suzie Q love the flower beds.

I spent afternoon putting pictures from previous Art In Blooms on my Facebook page. This would have been the weekend they would have had it here. I miss it. Going over past years was the next best thing. I need to be on the other computer to post any pictures here. I will try and post a couple of pictures from previous years at another time.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,820 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sharon - I enjoy children’s movies as well. My husband and I watched Frozen 2 a couple of weeks ago because we had seems the first one. My favourite is the Toy Story set. I enjoyed Coco too. My eldest daughter loves YA, she lent her library code to her Father the other day so he could borrow ebooks and told him she would share but only if he didn’t make fun of her library.

Teri - I saw you mention Dulse as a food. I used to eat dulse in New Brunswick, I haven’t had it in years and now I want some.

1. Where are you from originally? Born and raised in Hartland, New Brunswick home of the longest covered bridge in the world. Left home at 18 to move to Ontario, moved back to NB when I was expecting our eldest. Moved to Alberta when she was 8.

2. Do you eat breakfast? Weekdays usually just a coffee, at home on weekends I make breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Usually bacon, eggs and toast.

3. Do you prefer to dine in, carry out, or cook at home? I really dislike cooking, I prefer to get takeout or dine out, but money and my waist won’t allow that regularly.

4. Favourite Girl Scout Cookie? We don’t have Girl Scout Cookies here like you do in the States. I couldn’t tell you what flavours there are.

5. Do you listen to music when you work? Always, I don’t work well in silence.

6. What is your favorite sonic drink? I have never been to Sonic.

7. What is your favorite board/card game? I would say my favourites are Payday, Scrabble and Life but I haven’t played in years. No one to play with.

8. What are your favorite podcasts? I have not listened to a podcast.

9. What is your dream sandwich? I only like three sandwiches. #1 would be BLT with just butter no mayo, ham and cheese again just butter and grilled cheese.

10. What makes you gag? My husband had a an abscess when we were first married that needed to be packed after his surgery to remove it. He ended up being kept in the hospital longer than necessary because I gagged changing it every time. So I would say anything that involves bodily fluids besides children’s diaper changes. Even children’s vomit got me.

11. What are your hobbies? I paint, scrapbook, clean and I need to start walking again.

12. What is one thing that can make your day instantly better? Spending quality time with my family. Not just sitting watching tv.

13. What was the best vacation/trip you ever took and why? In 2009 my husband and I took a week vacation, our only plan was to drive the Icefield Parkway between Jasper and Banff. We called it our “fly by the seat of our pant vacation”. We had our tent and camping gear but changed locations each night. The first night we rented a cheap motel room. The second we rented a little log cabin. The third we stayed at a Lodge bed and breakfast that was built in ten 20’s by one of the founders in the area. This was the best! They had no cell service, no internet and no tv! The next two nights we camped. During the day we hiked different trails, drove and toured. It was the most relaxing vacation I’ve ever had.

14. If you were an animal, what animal would you be? I’ve never given this a lot of thought, but I think a Canada goose, they winter in warm weather, they are revered and protected from humans and can be nasty so they will just smack someone that gets too close.

15. At a party, where can someone find you? It depends on the party, but usually helping out and then sitting in a corner with only a few people.

Tomatoes - I would love a good tomato from my Granddather’s garden again. I enjoy tomatoes but not tomato soup.

I have to go out today and try to find some meat at the grocery store. I also have to clean and organize the craft room.

It is incredibly windy here right now.

Tracey in Edmonton

>>>

LOL - Tracey what a wonderful and unique answer to "what animal you would be?". I LOVED your answer. :D
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Oooh! Children's books and movies! I think I enjoy most children's movies. The Toy Story movies are all really great; which is unusual, bc usually sequels end up being just watered down versions of the original. I loved Coco. Favorite princess/girl character movies would be Mulan, Brave and Moana. Children's books: as an adult, I adore the books with a message like Cordelia by M. Nelson- Schmidt and Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You by Nancy Tillman. BUT MY KIDDOS adore anything clever with words and pictures. The Hiccupotamus by Aaron Zenz, Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry, Twig by Aura Parker...There are a lot of great YA books/book series out there. Harry Potter, Narnia, Redwall, The Belgariad, Divergent, and more. Some of them, I first read as a kid; some I read with my own kids, some I have read to find out what my older daycare kids are reading...

Penny- Your breads look so professional. Fresh baked bread is a luxury.

Almost time for bed. Ttfn xoxoxo. KJ
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    <3