WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Karen VA ~ Yeah for Josephine and what a nice smile she has! <3 I like your homemade mask. We got ours from Etsy yesterday and it is so thick I feel like I can't breathe. Ordered some from Amazon and they won't get here until June.

Lisa ~ I'm sorry about your work situation, but, I am sure you will make the best of it and move on whichever way the spirit leads you.

We went to Walmart this AM to get DH's prescription and I was surprised at the number of young people who were taking no precautions. My county has the third highest death rates in Georgia.

Carol

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @Katia that seems funny to make money surveying potfield with drone.

@Heather i agree about eating healthily and getting exercise to develop good resistance.

• bananasandoranges
    nice classes today.

BUT after 2 months of activist work to keep employer for acting illegally they prepared a legal contract in March. i didn't have time to sign it. i was going to sign and shutdown was making it hard. NOW they are trying to renege, for non-realistic reason.

Really a drag. it was 2 months and a lot of work to get contacts provided. What they are doing is again illegal (this is retroactive correction contract for work 100% already done) and they are pretexting all sorts of BS.

Very disappointed about that.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited April 2020
    Disappointed that we in Paris may not be able to go out more from May 11 on. I hate having a paper to go out, to be limited to 1 km, to 1h and not to be able to see friends and colleagues live, ever.

No serological testing is planned.
    They are talking about FINALLY upping coronavirus tests, and then quarantining all contacts of anyone sick without every doing serological tests, whereas without a doubt many of us are already seriologically touched.

Also, people who are in touch with someone who has been sick will have to be quarantined. Then will we have to be quarantined again if in touch with someone sick 1 month later or 2 months later and over and over without ever doing serological tests. What a mess.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Ballerina walking on even ground she’s doing great!!!

Athena learned straws yeah!! Now she can teach JR lol 😂 he still just makes the noise pretending. He managed to get 2 sips in 3years from a straw more by accident.

Amber Tx

JRs day enjoying spaghetti,upset his napkin was dirty lol 😂,wrapped up as a baby being held his head kissed as we watch tv 📺.
    m1njwd1f03ya.jpeg
    eob90167f9v4.jpeg
    ql1hyf7231rf.jpeg
    u4k9uvyc7a2n.jpeg
    hqk4wm5mxaye.jpeg
    hi3sq6695b1q.jpeg

The last who started the protests to reopen had coronavirus during the time she protested. They asked she refused to answer didn’t say no either, the timeline shows during 1 protest she did have the virus - Asymptotic according to her she feels it’s against her rights to be quarantined even tho she is infectious.

I see nothing wrong with Buisnesses opening up .I do see something wrong with those not willing to make safety changes . I also see something wrong with people who ignore the warnings y pile into places with no PPE or ability to comprehend this virus is real.

Ideas 💡 on it (PPE for ALL workers allow them to bring their own!! Stop with the it will scare away customers thinking it’s the opposite makes them feel more confident look down on the companies practices less! Also PPE shows you care about your workers especially the oldest y pregnant y ones with tiny babies or sick family at home!)

1. Packed restaurants need to simply remove 1/3-1/2 tables. Less tables is good..have more to-go orders a worker to go stand at the curb bringing out food orders. If they can afford it like Mexican restaurants here they have a To-go window even tho their a sit down places. Glass/walls between food y non-workers . Sneeze guards on ALL buffets.
    (Customers need to have common sense no friends from multi households at the tables just family members if possible only from your inner circle ⭕️ who lives with you or you take care of). Here they open windows have a window unit going which would limit the spread. Use home delivery services with no contact rules. Sanitizers y soaps.

2. Churches ⛪️- Open windows,Deacons y young members move every 2nd or 3rd pew to a classroom. Windows open (bring your own hand fans ) with a few window units or box fans going like the good old days before A/C! Have less days open with deep cleaning. No singing it spreads the virus faster instead record outside a tape of hymns can play for the congregation as they sing in their head hands raised praying 🙏. More Outdoor services y Sunday school ones like in a town I lived in Cowboy Church it was called just speakers 🔊 cars folks sitting in them to folks standing listening far apart. No more printed out papers learn from their Own Bibles only maybe even gift some to those without. No mail sent to homes. More online activities to even payment systems for churches who sell items online orders with a pickup spot y checklist show driver license pay y go no searching a gift shop. Sanitizer y soaps

3. Clothing stores to resale shop types even toy stores remove racks y isles to create space in between so no crowding y safer less cluttered . Items clearly visible so less touching. Items priced on shelf behind cashier for certain ones that would be touched more to limit that. Glass /shield between cashier y customers. More credit card payment to keep from handeling too much cash. Sanitizers y soaps. Curb side delivery more online. Less customers allowed in at a time.

4. Movie theaters- no food or drinks since folks are not responsible with contaminated cups y wrappers. More cleaning but with no food y drinks less to clean up so more time for detail work! Glass /shield between customers. Remove rows store somewhere.

5. Zoo to aquarium even museums- limit customers y shields between animals y people. sanitizers to soaps turn gift shop into a area to sell soap y sanitizers y masks y gloves - no more selling of merchandise at the moment unless it’s behind the counter with clear prices. Have a bigger cleaning crew.

6.Schools - less class sizes more space. Way Less items in classroom more empty areas no clutter less to touch only easy to wipe down Hospital like environment. Online grading y classes from home available especially to ill kids or those who get sick or family feels safer with them at home. Change the school schedule to how classes are taught. Break up lunch time to be less piled in or eat at desks in the classroom only... deliver food on carts to classes starting early. Less paperwork more chalk board learning y verbal awhile. Less Interactive to group projects awhile. Can turn library y lunch room into classroom spaces if you use the eat at desk approach. Encourage meals from home more Don't monitor if it’s candy or soda in it or not if that what was available that’s what they got! Redo free meal program to update it more needing it now. Open windows have fans blowing. More cleaning with less stuff should be easier. Less paper homework more online learning only papers for those without online capabilities. PPE on everyone!! No school events don’t need those right now use gym class more for outdoor exercising to going over play books y even learning things so still get credit but no sweaty basketball games getting sick. Allow students to miss more days (in case their sick or might be as precautionary). Allow students to bring cleaners from home to their own sanitizers (my school had rules against it I argued back in the day the compromise I bring in receipt my name out on it kept in classroom I cleaned my area during Moms chemo treatments or flu seasons they agreed to allow disability kids to have hand sanitizers under a certain size).

They need to do this with ALL buisnesses it needs to be the new way of life for maybe even up to 2years.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    edited April 2020
    Bought me another chicken! I am averaging one every two.weeks. Its so versatile.💖. Bought pure Irish butter, some spinach dip ( to go with some olive oil & pepper Triscuts), light sour cream (for spicy chicken tacos), blue cheese crumbles for salads, my Greek yogurt, a huge plastic coffin of spinach, a head of cabbage for my salmon tacos, and sweet stuff for my homemade trail mix (don't freak out now) so here's what's in it:
    Dried pineapple pieces
    Coconut flakes
    Mini marshmallows
    Plain almonds
    Chocolate chips
    Peanut M&Ms
    I mixed it up, and put it in a tin, with a plastic measuring cup on top. Just having it every so often. The amount I didn't fit in is in the part of the pantry I don't see on a daily basis, and I have told myself that I can not go into it until the pre-mixed tin is done. Its interesting that this is the first time I have bought myself sweets and not felt the urge to devour them the moment I get home. No guilt. No need to hide my snacks. I like the idea of a dessert most every day. Even if its a couple pieces with coffee. I might have an urge for a sweet thing, but now I can take care of it, and not feel deprived. I'm more excited I got tomatoes, chicken and "everything" bagels! Today's meal is going to be epic!

We wore our Navy tartan face masks. Not as comfortable as I had hoped, but at least more comfortable than the funny face ones that went around the ears. These have elastic around your head. Hard if you you want the elastic to go under your hair abit.

💖Rebecca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Two doors down from son is a woman who runs a beauty shop from her basement. She just does one customer at a time so son, I, and DH all had hair cuts from her. She did a great job. She has been doing this for over twenty years. I still wore my mask too.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    DH agreed totally with US doctors I was mostly convinced. My daughters partner who is a microbiologist agreed totally. As I said it was interesting and thought provoking. It was hard to ignore the data.
    Interesting that at the beginning our Gov were talking about herd immunity but that got dropped

Kate UK

• pipcd34
    Qqqqq
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 1hr 5sec, 139mhr, 13.2amph, 13.24mi= 469c
    apple watch- 504c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5min, 9.31min mi, 145mhr, .52mi= 51c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.21min, 9.22min mi, 148mhr, .46mi= 62c