So... how come mfp is so quiet now?

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Okay well all you people and your fruit pies... lol... gross.

Lemon meringue, coconut cream, banana cream, chocolate cream, pumpkin, pecan, peanut butter... I'll take 5 of each please.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Can I ask for key lime?
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Key lime is also a fantastic pie option. Yes. You can. Lol
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    I hate being up this damn early.. lol

My sugars were 2.6 so I had no choice but to get my *kitten* out of bed and correct it. I dont wanna be up at 5am lol
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Interesting theory. I wonder if that's based on the level of internal fear one has inside?

Like.. I'm mostly paranoid after going to the store, so my mind ends up very preoccupied with how I'm feeling. My stomach is upset? Am I having symptoms? But if I was home for days I'd realize I probably just had to poo or something.

When im home, from time to time I'll check for new news headlines and see if cases have gone up or any other public places have tested positive employees in case it's the store I shop at, or somewhere my mom would go.. but it's just a whim thought after hours of watching the simpsons and I'm bored. Lol
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    edited April 2020
    Interesting theories.

I havent noticed much difference - probably because I post spasmodically anyway so its not like I log in every morning and have therefore noticed a difference in my daily routine.

Also rest of my routine has not changed as much as many people's - I am still going to work, my husband is still going to work, neither of us have jobs which will be closed down nor can they be done at home, we don't have children home from school.

But I agree - no threads about gym issues, running/sports issues, social event issues : how do I count calories at a pot luck dinner, a work party , my workmates/family are sabotaging me, making rude comments at me, do I look good in these clothes to wear to this event, can I lose weight for my holiday or wedding.
    All meaningless sort of questions atm

Along with some of amused monkeys theory - people are dying, its a pandemic and you are worried about how to weigh a banana??!!
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Lol.. well that banana is... joking

No you're right those would be the boards that would be creating a more busy atmosphere
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Oh my....2hr wait time on hold with the government... frig... lol

The canadian government confuses me.. lol they're sending me way...way to much money
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Don't spend it if sent by mistake as they WILL be asking you to repay it.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Indeed, I'm waiting on hold to ask them.

I'm off work for this month and applied for sickness benefits on the 27th of march which was my last day worked. My first 2 week report was due this good friday, however the day before they deposited $2000 dollars into my account.

So I went online and people had said that this was a retroactive payment for mid to end march, but where I wasnt off until the 27th i thought it would be weird to pay me retroactive money i wasnt even off for yet.

So then I thought that maybe they were just paying me before the report was due because of the urgency of people needing the funding, and on friday i submitted my report as usual.

Now today there is another $1000 in my account. So.. it wasnt my report period money they sent me, which means that $2000 has no explanation.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    when you get telling saying they DGAF about advice that makes sense - then it kind of takes the wind out of people who try to add value to MFP in general - normally i can shake off the dumbassery - but right now, my give a damn is broken
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    when you get telling saying they DGAF about advice that makes sense - then it kind of takes the wind out of people who try to add value to MFP in general - normally i can shake off the dumbassery - but right now, my give a damn is broken

Lol I forgot what this board was actually about and was confused about what was being said here.

But I can get that, I imagine it gets tiring trying to explain things to people that are true only to be ignored. Especially when 1 post out of 10 is absolute garbage and the person would rather listen to that.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Lol someone has their finger stuck on that disagree button hahaha.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Its you @PAV8888 isnt it? You're mad about not getting bacon and pie. Lol
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Hahaha.

If the disagree button was a real button I almost Gaurantee that some peoples buttons would have the color worn off them and the spring would be almost broken
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Even though the first rule of (button) is never to talk about (button) . . .

This is a difficult time for nearly everyone. When things are difficult, some people act out. Sometimes people of adult age do that, even. Sensible people need not be swayed from their basic sensible approach by the fact that some people act out, IMO.

So, yeah, sometimes it's just scrolling. But there's only so much accidental-touch-by-scrolling that's realistically possible. And if or when it's not just scrolling, but no one (either the button-pusher or others with better verbal skills who agree with them) has said one word of explanation . . . who cares, really? In real life, do we care when people whom we see as inappropriate or limited, disagree with our opinions? I hope not.

No matter what effect it has, I'd be suprised if (button that must not be named) weren't used more often, in a time of stress.

It would be lovely if everyone were able to feel better, and to do more of their normal routine, generally - both people who agree with me, and people who don't. :flowerforyou:
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Lol I honestly believe it was trolling.
    Maybe to see who would have a melt down for them disagreeing with a post, or in this case scrolling down the whole page in this board hahahaha..

But covid has made people bored.. some a little more bored then others lol