How often should you weight your self?

Options
2»

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I weight daily, and use Libra (an Android app) to keep a database and track the trend. I find daily weighing useful in not getting hung up on any particular figure. Outliers do happen on occasion - the key thing is the trend.

I've been in maintenance rather than cutting now for 10 months or so, but daily is still my strong preference.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    It will. Once a week, buck naked, at the same day and time.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Short answer is, it's depends on your emotional fortitude. If you read these posts, someone weighs on Monday and loses 1.5, weighs Tuesday and gains 1.0 and falls off the wagon because they "think" CICO doesn't work. The up and downs on the scale match the emotional up and downs....and that can get tiring and deflating.

I vote for weekly. Your body will weight will fluctuate daily, so once a week gives you a best average scenario.
  • rosiekin
    rosiekin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    On this current weight loss/maintenance journey I've been on since 2014, whilst losing weight, I weighed every 1-2 months, and continued monthly for about 18 months after I reached maintenance. Then for the next couple of years, I weighed once a year in April. Then I decided I wasn't going to weigh myself at all (After being VERY hacked off that I'd put on ONE pound since the previous year's weigh in!), so I haven't weighed myself since April 2018. Everything still fits so I reckon I'm doing okay with maintenance! Obviously, different things work for different people. I've always had an unhealthy relationship with scales, and only wanted to see the scales going down or staying the same even. My way works for me although I know it's not for everyone. OP, I'm sure you will work out what works best for you.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @GBO323 😂 😂